Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Can Sims like tools be implemented into Outerra?  (Read 9381 times)

Simbuilder5

Can Sims like tools be implemented into Outerra?
« on: December 28, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if there could be a build tool that would allow players to build homes and landscape lots they've purchased. Can there even be an interface that allows plots of land to be bought and built upon?

MiB

Re: Can Sims like tools be implemented into Outerra?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:03:04 am »

Can there even be an interface that allows plots of land to be bought and built upon?

Like that you mean ? ;-) : http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=395.msg4764#msg4764

TheChippedFlywheel

• Grinding gears
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 02:36:07 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if there could be a build tool that would allow players to build homes and landscape lots they've purchased. Can there even be an interface that allows plots of land to be bought and built upon?

I would love to be able to import a house or building from google sketchup or even blender. It would make the game different for everyone as everyone would have their own houses...
Chevy: You don't hear songs about volvos...

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 02:53:42 pm »

Currently you can edit the terrain with the road or pad editor. Making a more precise tool I am sure can be done. You can import models as long as you can get them into the Collada format. Somewhere on the forums someone uploaded some Japanese style houses and there is a screen of them in OT.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo