Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Clone Wars  (Read 10148 times)

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:44:28 am »

I've watched the series from the beginning, and I have to say that overall it's decent.  Season 1 was alright, the episode "Blue Shadow Virus" made Jar-Jar Binks useful (who would have guessed?), and "Hostage Crisis" gave the season a blockbuster ending with Cad Bane, AKA the only reason to watch the series.  Season 2 had an awesome 3-episode debut with Bane, otherwise was OK.  Season 3 was interesting, as it filled in gaps.  Of course, Bane got some of the best episodes, the Citadel, Mandalore, and ARC Troopers arcs were impressive, and the season finale was gritty.  Season 4 up until "Deception" was mediocre.  The Mon Calamari arc was OK, though the villains resembled the sharks from "Shark Tale" far too much.  "Shadow Warrior" made Jar-Jar Binks useful, and that makes it a great episode.  Then we got into trouble-"Mercy Mission" racked up the lowest ratings of the entire series at 1.35.  "Nomad Droids" ripped off The Wizard of Oz, Star Trek TOS (Prime Directive violations, anyone?), and the Star Trek Voyager episode "Tsunkatse" all at once.  Then the 4-episode Umbara arc blew my mind into orbit with its suspense, character moments, and shocking plot twist.  Unfortunately, we went back to boring, distasteful garbage with the Slavers arc and the ratings plummeted.  I watched Beavis and Butthead instead-at least I was entertained those nights.  We then had "A Friend In Need", whose only good point was to stomp on Karen Traviss' depiction of Mandalorians. (Not that I'm complaining-Traviss should be locked up before she kills someone.  I'm not making that up).  "Deception" marks the return of Cad Bane, gives the ratings a much needed boost as they climb to 2.12, the highest of Season 4, and it gives us this chilling line from Bane: "Any imbecile with a blaster can kill a Jedi." :o "Friends and Enemies", the latest episode, should be titled "Cad Bane Is A Badass".  Bane manhandles people, pepper sprays Obi-wan in the face and kicks him down a ramp, almost clobbers Obi-wan, and takes on Anakin single-handedly.  Given how fixated he is on getting paid, and Eval's delays in paying him, I won't be surprised if Eval's plan ends because Bane puts a blaster bolt through his skull.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 01:23:27 am »

While I enjoyed the CGI of the series, the fact that they will be resurrecting Darth Maul leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Epic fail, on that one.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:45:00 am »

While I enjoyed the CGI of the series, the fact that they will be resurrecting Darth Maul leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Epic fail, on that one.
Yep, it's an epic fail, and it's the elephant in the room that I'm trying to ignore.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

RaikoRaufoss

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:06:28 pm »

Just saw "The Box", and I enjoyed it.  Bane realizes one of the other bounty hunters is wearing his hat.  They draw and Bane wins the gunfight, then he swaps hats with the corpse. 8)  Anyone else think Bane saving Obi-wan after Eval's treachery was a calculated act intended to win Dooku's favor?  Also, "Friends and Enemies" only got a 1.62 rating. :(  Either people saw Anakin turning into a emo douchebag again and switched channels, or the series is running out of steam.  Must... not... think... about... Darth Maul.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

RaikoRaufoss

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:09:16 am »

Last night's episode had pretty horrible writing.  Bane should have broken Kenobi off of him, and he had one other opportunity to escape while on camera and didn't.  If bad writing can ruin even Bane, then Season 4 is really going downhill, and that elephant in the room looms... :(
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide

RaikoRaufoss

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 03:51:24 pm »

Watched "Massacre".  It was decent, though the voodoo element has been done to death, the episode was well done.  I may keep watching until...
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
Karel Janoušek
So be our guide