Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Post Your 3D Models!  (Read 96835 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Post Your 3D Models!
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 04:04:01 am »

I don't quite know where you're getting that from... Our 3D printers still struggle with things more complex than solid plastic parts. There are a few extremely expensive ones that can make more complex shapes such as gears... You can get kits for about $800 that will let you print nicknacks, though.

I am getting it from the recent developments in 3d printing. I suggest you have a look at what commercial printers can currently do(they have been around for 30 years) far more than just gears. In my previous post you can see that they can now print in resin at the nano scale. The colony ship leaves earth in 2100...plenty of time to advance the tech. I have been going on Physorg.com every day for years and have seen what is and has been developed in many fields. Just look at my previous video posts and use your imagination of what they can become in nearly 90 years. As for the expense, how much does 1 bolt on the space shuttle cost?

and for returning to modells : some little moddeling of such "HouseBuilderPrinters" :

... there is the argue of the stability at the new/older printed layers ... actually there can be and are right now projects for solutions and active building-polymers that would glue/homogenize the touchsites or for polymers polymerize right at site in a speed needed for the printer to return to make an inside stabilization and hardenning net ... been seeing such works in paper at our uni. too, actually even as an great way of improvement of the wall-specs. Could be ewen for hardened and stabilized concrete for special purposses (like the iran bunker-ones :D), just whyte ... lets just say an incorporated net of kevlar-like shock absorbers + stabile fabrics to make it maybe shutter, but not collapse so soon, to save some time for life-saving ... or maybe some flex-fibres for earthquake-shock absorbing for japan and other frequently hitt places ... just an extreme thought but the main principle idea is clear.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:12:40 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

classicjetsims

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:41 pm »

I'd like to get my Strafighter model running in Outerra:

7HUND3R

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2012, 08:47:51 am »

Now I have 2 models created with Google sckeschup 8 and wanted to know how to pass outerra.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2012, 10:05:54 am »

You'll need to wait until Angrypig releases the object importer. He's busy working and sweating on it :)

7HUND3R

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2012, 03:56:45 pm »

Ok thank you very much, while I will continue creating and building buildings.

geneb

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2012, 05:26:18 pm »

Sweating on it or swearing AT it? :)

g.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2012, 01:49:03 am »

Haha, working on and sweating at, I suppose. But maybe his sweat is all over his keyboard :)

angrypig

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2012, 08:07:34 am »

It is not funny! >:(

Jagerbomber

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2012, 11:54:45 am »

lol y so mad?  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2012, 12:10:04 pm »

No one is going to make fun of a serious pig in a serious job.

geneb

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2012, 12:14:58 pm »

Mmmmmm. BACON!

:D

g.

adagio

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2012, 01:45:51 pm »

Aaaaw such a cutypie  :-* I already picture a farm with a club of piggies led by angrypig in Anteworld  :D
"Anyone who tells a lie has not a pure heart, and cannot make a good soup." Ludwig van Beethoven

Jagerbomber

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2012, 02:55:45 pm »

Add a 3D model of his avatar.  Better easter egg than lumpmen. Hopefully it won't look too much like Kirby.  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Thor2

• Maritim Simulations
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2012, 12:28:20 pm »

Hi,

I follow the development of Outerra a bit longer and I like what I see here, very good work.

My focus is on the maritime side, but I also like the combination of Air, land and water vehicles in outerra, this will give a lot of possibilities for all user.

Here is a small part of my current project. A German ferry port in the Baltic Sea.

The scenery is very low poly, since this engine is limited in scenery construction.

Regards

Thor
Don't dream your life, live your dream.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2012, 12:39:34 pm »

The engine may be limited in polys, but the simulation looks nice. :)
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10