Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51

Author Topic: Graphics driver issues, startup problems (32 bit)  (Read 510812 times)

MrPlatipus

Re: Graphics driver issues, startup problems
« Reply #690 on: November 12, 2016, 03:27:18 am »

Hi. Just checking if there have been any developments with my driver issue.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #691 on: November 14, 2016, 04:08:59 am »

Hmm, I had to look back what the issue was: Asus doesn't update their graphics drivers for their models that for no good reason can't use the generic Intel ones, or you can't find them.

There's nothing we can do about it. You, on the other hand, can complain to Asus support ...

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #692 on: November 14, 2016, 11:07:10 pm »

You can install intel driver. First you need to uninstall all the drivers I would suggest use DDL software to remove intel drivers. Then you will be able to install latest drivers, as I faced same issues.

But even with the latest driver I am facing issue. The game freezes after the world loads.

JohnHaslam

« Reply #693 on: November 15, 2016, 11:19:38 am »

When is the OpenGL issue going to be fixed?  :(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #694 on: November 16, 2016, 03:26:01 am »

When is the OpenGL issue going to be fixed?  :(

Intel Broadwell+ problem? We already added the workaround for it internally, but we can't release it until we get a stable build.

rick1384

« Reply #695 on: December 15, 2016, 06:19:01 am »

Outerra was working just fine when I downloaded and started the demo. I payed the fee and got the full version.. I played once or twice on it with the full version and now suddenly it doesnt work. My system more than meets min specs for this. I dont get it. Please help? Ive attached the eng.log. Thank you so much.

System Specs:

Intel Core i5-6600K SkyLake 3.5Ghz Quad Core
Windows 10 64-Bit
16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 2400MHz (PC4 19200) Dual Channel
ASUS Z170-K LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
nVidia GeForce GTX980 4GB DDR5 1DVI/3DISPLAYPORT/HDMI PCI-EXP Video Card
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:28:40 am by rick1384 »

rick1384

« Reply #696 on: December 15, 2016, 06:36:59 am »

Please disregard. The following topic fixed it:

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3674.0

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #697 on: December 16, 2016, 05:14:49 pm »

Hello.
What may cause such a weird behavior of trees near the camera? I will provide eng.log if needed (don't have it right now).

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:45:06 pm by DenisJ »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #698 on: December 17, 2016, 04:02:49 am »

Check tree-bb-dist in world.cfg - should be 0.0

josem75

« Reply #699 on: December 20, 2016, 05:48:55 pm »

Hi Cameni. I have a big performance problem, i think after instaled the new version (but maybe coincidence).
I am already using my new gtx 1060, so in framerate no prob at all. But the entry to the game is very slow, and before see outerra fields, all is white with many points, and after only sky. After some seconds, green and trees appear.
A lot of blurries in mid distance mountains (less 25 Km), sometimes even very near have big fields blurries. Its like cant load mountains details at all. also if many trees, sometimes cant charge those trees fast.
Also sometimes game stop for few second then follow move.
I remember read some similar issues, but dont remember solutions. I reinstaled ALL the game since 0. Also changed graphic drivers. But problem persist.
I am suspecting maybe i have some preformance issues in my computer. Maybe i need reinstall ALL windows since 0. I just can test xplane 11 demo, and some few more games.
Maybe i have some rare performance problem in my computer and need to reinstall ALL windows (seven) since 0. But this system has several months and for install all would be huge effort.

TobiWahn_Kenobi

« Reply #700 on: December 20, 2016, 08:42:40 pm »

Bought a RX480, everything works fine, except outerra, which crashes on start with "graphics card driver crashed during initialization of OpenGL"

Any ideas?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #701 on: December 21, 2016, 01:18:04 am »

I am already using my new gtx 1060, so in framerate no prob at all. But the entry to the game is very slow, and before see outerra fields, all is white with many points, and after only sky. After some seconds, green and trees appear.
A lot of blurries in mid distance mountains (less 25 Km), sometimes even very near have big fields blurries. Its like cant load mountains details at all. also if many trees, sometimes cant charge those trees fast.

Check your disk (SMART log) for problems, this sounds a lot like what I was getting with a dying disk once.
Otherwise it may be some settings that are out of reasonable ranges, cfg files do not get overwritten by reinstalls. Delete world.cfg and eng.cfg if you didn't do it already.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #702 on: December 21, 2016, 01:21:02 am »

Bought a RX480, everything works fine, except outerra, which crashes on start with "graphics card driver crashed during initialization of OpenGL"

Any ideas?

Check eng.log for injected modules. Sometimes third party programs mess it up.
Also with AMD you sometimes have to do a clean reinstall of the drivers, using DDU or some such cleaner.

TobiWahn_Kenobi

« Reply #703 on: December 22, 2016, 08:02:16 pm »

Thanks. My problem might stem from the fact that I also have a hd5870 in my setup (macpro, old card needed for boot screen)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

josem75

« Reply #704 on: January 20, 2017, 10:19:41 pm »

Check your disk (SMART log) for problems, this sounds a lot like what I was getting with a dying disk once.
Otherwise it may be some settings that are out of reasonable ranges, cfg files do not get overwritten by reinstalls. Delete world.cfg and eng.cfg if you didn't do it already.

My first suspicious was in fact the hdd.  I made crystalcpu tests and seems ok (ssd disk).
I also tested in another hdd with windows 7, and same problems. So after crunch my head a bit. I encountered double Super Pi seconds needed for 1 M from my processor than would be expected seeing same results from my model.
So it seems here i have a guilty. So can be processot, or maybe can be motherboard.
I think this would justify the lack of the terrain detail appearing. Right? You know better than me what need more cpu resources.
Its like very slow and weak for show all the terrain at propper resolution, sometimes even stuck with a bunch of trees or entire piece of terrain that after few seconds suddenly appear.. 
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51