Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Tatra cab view video  (Read 22491 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Tatra cab view video
« on: June 18, 2010, 05:42:21 pm »

Camera inside the cab. Fixed position so it doesn't feel that natural as it could yet.

[youtube2]LC9FOHwNw9o[/youtube2]

Abc94

Tatra cab view video
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:17:08 pm »

I find it very cool knowing that you are actually seeing the inside view of the actual 3d model and not just an image of the interior of a Tatra like in many games!
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Tatra cab view video
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 07:22:53 pm »

BEAUTIFUL!  I have a few questions:
What software did you use to record this video?
Will the driver's view be integrated with TrackIR so we can turn our heads to look around?
When will we have fully functional instrument panels?
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Tatra cab view video
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 01:51:09 am »

Videos can be recorded in-game, see In-Game HD Video Capture using Real-Time YUYV-DXT Compression
It is captured in YOG format, can be then converted (one-click) to h264 and it's ready to go.

TrackIR, I've heard about that one somewhere :)
But yes, if we'll get our hands on the hardware ..

The instrument panels are slowly coming alive in Cessna, Tatra will have speedometer soon.

helio2

Tatra cab view video
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 10:55:57 am »

Thats pretty cool,  Are you guys still implementing a first person view mode for walking around the planet? If so will you be supporting camera animations for getting inside of vehicles in first person view. Or will that be done as a third party dev plug-in? If you guys decide to support modding for the long run.
Outerra needs a Planet size modifier.   < nuff said!

angrypig

Tatra cab view video
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 08:33:30 am »

Quote from: helio2
Thats pretty cool,  Are you guys still implementing a first person view mode for walking around the planet? If so will you be supporting camera animations for getting inside of vehicles in first person view. Or will that be done as a third party dev plug-in? If you guys decide to support modding for the long run.

We already have very limited first person view in Outerra. There are no weapons no animations now. We do not plan to use third-party animation system for Outerra this will be a core feature.

tasmanet

Tatra cab view video
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 11:08:37 am »

Quote from: angrypig

We already have very limited first person view in Outerra. There are no weapons no animations now. We do not plan to use third-party animation system for Outerra this will be a core feature.

I would keep it at that point especially for Trains,boats,cars and planes.
Not sure about say Golf.

2 things which are a must are
EZdok dynamic head movements effects
 http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam
 Not sure about all this walk around stuff but I suppose something will be required for
transition from one Sim (planes) to the other Sim(Racing Cars) and checking on your Pitot
Tubes

and
TrackIR
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

MatthewS

Tatra cab view video
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 04:36:48 pm »

Quote from: angrypig

Great! Important for exploring airports, city, forest etc and walking to your aircraft and entering the cockpit etc  

Will you support both walk and run.  A little "head bob" would be cool too (with option for user to customize amount of bob).

Jonathan Addison

Tatra cab view video
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:15 am »

Just looking at the Cab video again. I was wondering. Is there special work needed to produce reflection such as rear view mirror reflection? What's the plan with that?

I expect the same would be true for other reflective objects such as windows, buildings etc.

As always, amazing amazing work!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Tatra cab view video
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 01:33:43 am »

Exact reflections will need another render with a different narrow field camera. Non-precise reflections will use more effective environmental mapping where the surrounding world is rendered in a rougher quality once in a while.