Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: unable to select road segments  (Read 4136 times)

richardc

unable to select road segments
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:39:42 pm »

When making roads in Outerra, I occasionally encounter a minor problem that I thought you might want to know about (if you don't already). When trying to select a road segment with another road nearby, I am sometimes unable to select the shorter road. Even if I click right on the road I want to select, the other road will be selected. The only way to not select the long road is to make the selection miles away, but that is impossible if the road I want is short. This problem only applies in some cases. I have built some intersections in which I can select either road.

Here is a picture. In this case, no matter where I click on the dirt road, the asphalt road is selected. When I deleted the asphalt road, I could select the dirt road and manipulate it normally.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:14:57 am by richardc »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: unable to select road segments
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 04:37:04 am »

I believe this was reported a while back in testing. The way the road editor selects and generates nodes needs to be updated. For now, you don't have many options.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

lonewulf47

Re: unable to select road segments
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:27:17 am »

In addition to that I would suggest to check whether there is a possibility to select and modify more than one node at the same time e.g. selecting a whole runway as an entity to move or turn it. It would also be desireable to specify the runway direction upon creation - this for future accurate runway placing.