Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85

Author Topic: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!  (Read 485116 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: OUTERRA SCREENSHOT THREAD!!
« Reply #1170 on: March 09, 2021, 05:34:23 pm »

incredible....you guessed it. ..I indeed now know how to make it much better ....maybe I should thank this mistake  :)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1171 on: March 15, 2021, 05:12:48 pm »

while waiting to resume the radio mod, made progress on modular (gameob) active equipment that can be mounted on any vehicle or boat...provided that the 3D model file is available.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 05:16:23 pm by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #1172 on: March 16, 2021, 06:01:43 pm »

as always magnificent ,,, great job ,, well done ... you learn while having fun ..
thank you very much friend .. waiting for this new merchandise.
:)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1173 on: March 17, 2021, 04:59:40 pm »

improved missile &  made it showing up in flight  ... and managed to catch it on the shots.  =D

aWac9

« Reply #1174 on: March 18, 2021, 03:08:59 pm »

great .... bravo..well done. :)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1175 on: March 19, 2021, 02:55:07 am »

hunted by SAMs   =D

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:20:20 am by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #1176 on: March 19, 2021, 12:40:29 pm »

and if we put flares on the mig ???  ^-^

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1177 on: March 19, 2021, 03:14:14 pm »

and if we put flares on the mig ???  ^-^

if its just "for decoration" its easy, but for the flares to actually deflect the missile for now I don't know how to achieve this. For now the missile can track just one target and thats the players position in the plane.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1178 on: March 25, 2021, 07:09:07 am »

something new: procedural building generation (enterable + destructible + have collision) :)

Just three basic wall elements and few lines of code needed to create any kind of box building
Code: [Select]
nlast = createWallX(this.geom, sidewaysX, sidewaysY, up , elw, elh , this.quat, nlast);  // create two parallel walls  long X
nlast = createWallY(this.geom, sidewaysX, sidewaysY, up , elw, elh , this.quat90, nlast);// create two perpendicular walls long Y
nlast = createRoofX(this.geom, sidewaysX, sidewaysYroof, up , elw, elh  , sidewaysYroofOff, this.quatRoof, nlast) ;  // create roof

Also of course we can copy paste and combine these buildings manually to create more variations.

next step: ..procedural stuffing with furniture   ;)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 03:34:30 pm by fly77 »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #1179 on: March 27, 2021, 04:29:23 am »

I had a thought about that ... in terms of soviet hi-buildings ... but wanted to try different interior layouts, 1-2-3 room homes and variety of both wall textures and stuff inside ... all based on also of generated layout of witch room is what, like the kitchen etc. .... it needs all the combinations being modeled with the exterior structure and staircase rooms done, on a single store level, to have a ability to make different heights of buildings as well ... but it be just a soviet hi-building of one type .... there are three main types, so if all be able to be done, it be nice. If it would work, I guess some way to do so for single-family homes of various architecture could be done. If main sizes of the component be also the same and exterior parts fit automatically to the layout properly witch roofing, one could just add new rooms, walls, textures and interior stuff into the tray from witch the script takes them and it all would grow to be a really powerful building generator ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1180 on: March 27, 2021, 04:41:26 am »

I had a thought about that ... in terms of soviet hi-buildings ... but wanted to try different interior layouts, 1-2-3 room homes and variety of both wall textures and stuff inside ... all based on also of generated layout of witch room is what, like the kitchen etc. .... it needs all the combinations being modeled with the exterior structure and staircase rooms done, on a single store level, to have a ability to make different heights of buildings as well ... but it be just a soviet hi-building of one type .... there are three main types, so if all be able to be done, it be nice. If it would work, I guess some way to do so for single-family homes of various architecture could be done. If main sizes of the component be also the same and exterior parts fit automatically to the layout properly witch roofing, one could just add new rooms, walls, textures and interior stuff into the tray from witch the script takes them and it all would grow to be a really powerful building generator ...

Interesting.  For now I am just creating an empty box with floors  and roof.  Probably each single "box" should be a room, so that each can be done separately with typical wall and furniture elements.
Stairways probably should also be generated as separate boxes.
And then several such boxes could be created nearby to create a floor-layout.

About furniture placement it must not be placed randomly inside the boxes. How to place them reasonably is not clear yet to me but one idea is that wall elements come ready with attached cupboards,desks and ceiling elements with attached lamps, floor elements with attached tables.

Do you have any assets ? (furniture ? )

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 04:44:33 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1181 on: March 31, 2021, 12:01:12 pm »

Testplaying my fighterjet bombing "minigame" against SAM defended targets    :) :) :)

home base

target marker & destructible target procedural buildings and AI SAMs

Dodging AI SAMs

target hit

target destroyed

back to base after sucessfull mission

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 12:06:58 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1182 on: March 31, 2021, 12:23:26 pm »

But it doesn't always end that well  =|

aWac9

« Reply #1183 on: March 31, 2021, 06:59:26 pm »

sounds like fun ... great things await us
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 07:41:33 am by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #1184 on: April 01, 2021, 06:12:28 am »

sounds like fun ... great things await us

it is indeed. It seems I am on the right way to make a game for outerra :)
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85