Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Engine crashes when editing long road  (Read 3514 times)

pedropp222

• 255.82 hours played since August 17, 2014
Engine crashes when editing long road
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »

Like the title suggests, i made a rather long road about 40 km long and now when i try to edit some waypoints the engine crashes and it shows this error:

I´ve tried to remove a lot of waypoints to make it smaller but it still happens. I´m pretty sure other people have this problem.
While first placing the road and editing the waypoints nothing happens, but when you restart the game and come back to it, it will give you that error and editing the road will be impossible.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Engine crashes when editing long road
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:03:02 pm »

Like the title suggests, i made a rather long road about 40 km long and now when i try to edit some waypoints the engine crashes and it shows this error:

I´ve tried to remove a lot of waypoints to make it smaller but it still happens. I´m pretty sure other people have this problem.
While first placing the road and editing the waypoints nothing happens, but when you restart the game and come back to it, it will give you that error and editing the road will be impossible.

Yep, happened to me too. That's why I make really long roads with multiple segments now.

pedropp222

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 04:08:04 pm »

I had to do the same thing as well. But it is sad to have some old roads that look bad and it is impossible to edit :(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 12:57:31 am »

It's a problem that not all nodes of long roads will be necessarily loaded when you restart, because the road segments far in distance are not yet needed. As a temporary workaround, it should help to quickly over the road from begin to end before attempting to edit it, to force loading all parts of it.

pedropp222

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:12:56 am »

Thanks a lot, hovering over the road to load everything worked and i was able to edit the road.

Could it be possible to cache the road's waypoints into RAM or a file when we clicked the road, so that we don't have to hover over it everytime?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 06:38:02 am »

Yes it will be fixed, the problem is that it's an asynchronous operation, and editor will have to wait without blocking. It's currently not designed that way.