Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cloudy update  (Read 13558 times)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Cloudy update
« on: January 13, 2015, 08:52:13 pm »

I know that it may seem kinda silly but...
Is it possible? I realize that you can't set exact point in time where you'll be ready for sure, but at least approximately, or you can add as much extra time as you think you might need. Anyway, it would far better than every time going to the forum hoping to see those long-awaited words and not seeing anything :-[
(I guess I started fantasizing too much...)

PRiME

Re: Cloudy update
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:56:12 pm »

I'd be happy if cameni reported they were close to releasing a KS, atm its hard to tell if there will even be a KS any time soon.

mercenar1e

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:07:55 pm »

I'd be happy if cameni reported they were close to releasing a KS, atm its hard to tell if there will even be a KS any time soon.

i think we are years away from seeing anything that's going to be sold to the consumer.. the news about Titan does nothing for me lol

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:49:48 am »

@DenisJ: This counter needs a release date which even devs dont know. They are working, fixing, polishing things up til the release. Surely, they could approximate the calender week. But whats better as promising a release date and not passing it? Not promising anything and releasing after finishing.
@mercenar1e: Titan does nothing for everybody. No one said, that this is will be the prototype for the OT consumer version.

mercenar1e

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 02:19:59 am »

@mercenar1e: Titan does nothing for everybody. No one said, that this is will be the prototype for the OT consumer version.

the issue here is we don't even know what the OT consumer version will look like. all we know so far is that the devs have been contracted to address issues or implement features that are needed for the commercial end that may or may not end up in the game/engine for us. what is the broader focus, the road map, kickstarter? has any work been done for the consumer OT? surely im not the only want that would love some questions answered.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 02:38:08 am »

Well, most important is the clouds/lightning/weather/biome enhancement aspects ... and i hate to say, but clouds had a promo some whyle back, will take some time to make it work properly (understand that weather has to be dynamic and different for different regions so the clouds must work to be compatible with that - most engines just apply the same weather and cloud-coverage to the whole area as its just a limited place - witch is probably enough for the plans of the TitanIM guys as i understand right). So yes, these things will take a big whyle and its still just the environment ... all the tools for manipulating stuff with-in the engine, some workflow design, special features etc. That all will be also some timely thing. Still, its a whole planet it has to work on the go and on a level, that should be properly competitive when it comes out.

As for the timer ... i thing the most awaited one is now on the Pirate-Bay. :D :D And we all have just one option right now ... get a controller, drink and :

... we need some sailing ship in OT ... so we can wait crossing the Atlantic ocean there and back ! =D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:41:08 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

mercenar1e

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 03:06:17 am »

Well, most important is the clouds/lightning/weather/biome enhancement aspects ... and i hate to say, but clouds had a promo some whyle back, will take some time to make it work properly (understand that weather has to be dynamic and different for different regions so the clouds must work to be compatible with that - most engines just apply the same weather and cloud-coverage to the whole area as its just a limited place - witch is probably enough for the plans of the TitanIM guys as i understand right). So yes, these things will take a big whyle and its still just the environment ... all the tools for manipulating stuff with-in the engine, some workflow design, special features etc. That all will be also some timely thing. Still, its a whole planet it has to work on the go and on a level, that should be properly competitive when it comes out.

yes i think we all know about the WIP clouds as it was announced in the blog last year =D i would just like to see a lengthy updated road map of what's in the works and what's to come.

PRiME

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 03:57:39 am »

I wanted to use Outerra to developer a tank game but it being very buggy/featureless makes it hard to get started in that department, I'm not even sure if the engine supports plugin modules like physics/netcode etc... (in current state)

So its a bit hard to be excited about anything related to Outerra atm until its a viable platform for software developers to use. (and doesn't require you to develop 100 different plugins just to get it on par with other game engine platforms).

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 12:16:20 pm »

I know that it may seem kinda silly but...
Is it possible? I realize that you can't set exact point in time where you'll be ready for sure, but at least approximately, or you can add as much extra time as you think you might need. Anyway, it would far better than every time going to the forum hoping to see those long-awaited words and not seeing anything :-[
(I guess I started fantasizing too much...)

Some things are really hard to predict, especially if it's basically an ongoing research, and some issues and artifacts that seem fixable often turn out to be blockers and the whole thing has to be redone. I thought it would be ready by early December, but you see ...

Anyway, even though the thing is still not finished and it's not unlikely that it will be redone differently yet, I think there will be a testable ugly version soon™ to break the fast. A couple of things that prevent me from pushing it out now - rendering not working when you are inside the cloud, cloud cover missing after 100km, and various artifacts. I'd at least like to fix the inside rendering before the release, but I'm not sure what obstacles await me there yet.

HiFlyer

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:22 pm »

Take your time. I've developed a philosophical attitude about Outerra, and have settled comfortably into the idea that it could be years and years before certain things really get rolling.

What will be will be.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 12:44:46 pm »

Mountain-climber cloud  ... awesomeness !!
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 01:07:57 pm »

Stunning. Simply Stunning.
I was expecting something  cool, but not this quality of lightning and animation. It looks... smooth
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:12:02 pm by Acetone »

aWac9

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 02:44:41 pm »

after seeing the creature,,,, great Cameni wonderful .. I think even beyond my tricks on videos.
take your time,. The animation of clouds obey the wind, and they respond mathematically certain parameters and heat exchange (temperature difference) moving from high pressure to low pressure, imagine that initially, the weather will be defined by the user but do not lose sight the ideal is to connect with actual meteorological satellite internet..cosa which is fabricated from FS2004.
slowly and with good lyrics.

krz9000

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 03:21:46 pm »

niiiice...its terrain following!?..and the borders look nice!!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 04:14:45 pm »

Pages: [1] 2