Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DOCUMENTATION  (Read 8593 times)

gtrdrt

DOCUMENTATION
« on: May 22, 2016, 07:53:21 pm »

So, where can anteworld players find documentation for gameplay and game set-up?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: DOCUMENTATION
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 10:06:51 pm »

So, where can anteworld players find documentation for gameplay and game set-up?

This isnt a game yet.  =D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

gtrdrt

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:30:00 am »

This isnt a game yet.  =D
OK, is there any documentation at all for what has been developed so far?

2eyed

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:48:44 am »

Read the forum, I mean the whole forum. This is the documentation.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 02:54:55 pm »

- For moding, perhaps you could start reading the wiki section, altough is not fully up to date.

- This is the last retrospective video (new things have come since the, as OSM imported rivers):

Or, if you want to know something in particular, feel free to ask.  :)
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

gtrdrt

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 05:19:50 pm »

Read the forum, I mean the whole forum. This is the documentation.
Seems to me that would require a very robust irrelevance filter.

gtrdrt

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 05:57:49 pm »

- For moding, perhaps you could start reading the wiki section, altough is not fully up to date.

Or, if you want to know something in particular, feel free to ask.  :)
I'd probably drive you crazy if I asked you questions at the same rate that they occur to me.

How many wikis exist for Outerra/Anteworld? I've only come across one, and it seemed to be too technical for me. I think it was all about bugs and things like that. Anyone aware of other wikis or works of well organized info?

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 01:30:42 am »

Xtrac wiki is the only one out there. Another organized kind of database related to Outerra are sites for mods, there are a few, but that's about it. Lack of wiki-ish resources for Outerra can be explained easily: there aren't much systems in the engine/game right now, systems in the most basic meaning of that word. Take for example any early-access platforms or games, like Rust (might not be the perfect example, but that is the first thing that came to my mind). It has lots of mechanics and entities that are worth writing about and full description of which isn't accessible within the game. On contrary, Outerra doesn't really have much of that. All you need is the hotkey panel to know how to do certain things like spawning stuff or changing environmental parameters. For more complex stuff like scripting and whatnot we have xtrac.
I'm not against more user-friendly wiki, it would be neat, but there is also not much necessity in it as of yet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:36:20 am by DenisJ »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 01:48:43 am »

http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/ : for technical documentation, mostly vehicle oriented.

http://outerra.blogspot.fr/ : good read to have some background on the project history.

There is a link to the OT API somewhere, but I can't find it.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 01:49:25 am »

The problem is, that currently no documentation is fix. Some APIs or some handlings will be changed til the final version. I made a page for materials/textures in the wiki but all work is obsolete because the material handling will be changed in some releases.

But as far as i know the xtrac wiki will die somedays. You can find the new wiki here => http://wiki.outerra.com/index.php/Main_Page

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 02:01:26 am »

But as far as i know the xtrac wiki will die somedays. You can find the new wiki here => http://wiki.outerra.com/index.php/Main_Page

Nice, I wasn't aware there is a new wiki platform. I like that now we have ability to translate articles to other languages making it more accessible. I will try doing that soon.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 09:48:34 pm »

Hm, I can't find a way to register there. I managed to register only on mediawiki, but it doesn't seem to be related to wikias. What should I do then?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 08:11:52 am »

At the moment the user accounts there are on request, it's not yet connected to account creation via OT settings like the old one. I have created one for you, you should have received an email.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 08:36:57 am »

Ha ha, pretty sure I need one of those accounts there! I've been updating the current wiki  :))

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 08:53:53 am »

Done. Note this wiki is still experimental, stuff may get lost.
API documentation will be auto-generated, we need a way to separate generated and user edited content.
Pages: [1] 2