Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Road bugs  (Read 3256 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Road bugs
« on: February 05, 2015, 05:58:50 am »

I think there is a bug with the road tool. Sometimes a road will generate a high spike.
Before, it usually happened when a node was placed at a wrong elevation in map overlay mode, but this time it happens between two road nodes.

The problem seems to be tile related, moving the local road nodes change the bug, sometimes to a different spike, sometimes to an elevation  cut, always right where the tile limit is:

It happened to me a few time after the last update, but I can't find a real pattern, except the tile limit thing.

Other bug, sometime updating a road will delete the first road node.
As you can see in this screenshot, the first section of the runway is visible, but not a part of it if I select the road. If I update it, this first section will disappear.

You can also see a bug in the transitionnal area around the road close to the runway. Again, it's exactly located at a tile limit:

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Road bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:57:10 am »

Yes these are known. They appear mostly when road on one tile doesn't have 2 outer segment nodes stored, and hence it cannot do a proper spline interpolation. It usually happens when the nodes are far apart, so sometimes you can fix it by splitting the segments and adding extra nodes. When laying the nodes down we add some extra nodes when the segment is too long, but not when you manually move the node. It's not yet very robust.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Road bugs
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 09:40:00 am »

It usually happens when the nodes are far apart, so sometimes you can fix it by splitting the segments and adding extra nodes.

Thanks  :D