Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.12 version branch  (Read 291717 times)

lookastdu

• cars <3
Re: Testing version: 0.7.12.3162
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 01:58:11 pm »

The black points seem to be screen aligned. Btw why there's the log window shown? Probably there was an error reported, please attach your eng.log here.
You could also set debug_mode=true in eng.cfg and run it with that to see if there are more OpenGL errors reported.

I don't know why there's the log window shown. It has showed up only at first run after update (I was somewhere, but I don't know where exactly... I used my saved places to teleport) None of next runs has showed log.

I have turned on debug mode and... game generated hundreds of errors in log... no, not hundreds, even thousands of errors! Or maybe even tens of thousands of errors! Anyway IT'S OVER 9000! ;D Okay, in fact after loading map and running Outerra for about 30-40 seconds the eng.log file size was... 4 169KB. :P

The first 24 lines of errors are:
Code: [Select]
ERROR: (DRV): glUniform4fv has failed to set the uniform at location '0': the uniform's type, component size, or matrix dimensions are incompatible with the function variant (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
The next thousands of lines of errors are:
ERROR: (DRV): glUniform4fv parameter <location> has specified an invalid value '118': not the location of an active uniform in the default uniform block (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)or
ERROR: (DRV): glUniform4fv parameter <location> has specified an invalid value '119': not the location of an active uniform in the default uniform block (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 02:10:52 pm »

Hmm, could you check what driver version is reported there in the eng.log? It would be best to cut everything after it starts to repeat, and PM me the log.

Foxiol

• Gamer
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 05:02:57 pm »

Not found any problems with my GTX560ti OC and driver version 296.10. (the latest driver gave me problems with all of my games because i am using it "under bottleneck" with an Athlon 64 X2 3.0ghz 6000+ and 4 gigs of ram at 667, Windows 7 64 bit)

Still i have a pretty damn good performance with MSAA X4 at 1080p resolution. Grass running at 50meters and all the stuff.

The only thing that i can say something negative is about the saturation in the truck and some minor stuff with the same thing. (lighting) Not sure if i´m having the same problem as Zeos with the lighting pop up thing. Took a look but it is working okay with its proper "errors". (again saturation and shadows)
So the regular and expected "errors" that can be fixed with some configurations.

The rest is working as usually for me.Still need to do some things and i´ll be updating this.

Thanks Cameni and Angrypig as usually.

SpaceFlight

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »

I have the sound issues Chaoz mentioned, the chess board pattern on the windshield Giucam posted, and the lighting popping Zeos talked about, as well.
Also, the application not ending after the windows have closed, happens, but the process can be killed by using the task manager.
Card: AMD 6950. Driver version Catalyst 12.6

Got a few more fps and I like where it is going with the improved lighting, shadows and the Cessna.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:58:11 pm by SpaceFlight »
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

lookastdu

• cars <3
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 07:37:56 pm »

Probably another bug: the "Forgot login/pwd" doesn't work in my case. When I move cursor over it the pointer changes into "hand", but clicking it anything happens.
Have anyone else tested it?
May it be connected with for example IE/other web browser settings?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 04:58:59 am »

Apparently a piece of code handling the "forgot login/pwd" wasn't included in this release for some reason, when merging the code for the release ...
Will be fixed in the next update.

giucam

• It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 11:41:53 am »

New bug: whenever i click "Make default" in the locations window Outerra crashes. This is the eng.log.

Btw, i was expecting this bug to have been gone, but i can still reproduce it.
ResidualVM 0.1.1 is OUT! www.residualvm.org

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 11:51:41 am »

Any screens showing the bug?

giucam

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 12:15:52 pm »

Yep:

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 12:56:26 pm »

Well it won't handle just any extremity. Too drastic change in elevation for one. Basically, the solution there will be that it won't allow you to create roads that go over these limits - it will highlight the segments that need to be corrected.

Besides, nothing would be able to climb that curve anyway :)

When doing serpentine curves, the turn must be on the same level, you need to get the lower road to the elevation where the turn will be, do the turn on that level, and then continue up from there. The default way point placement won't help you here, as it places the points on the ground level there, and so it leads many people to this design, but they'll soon find their mistake when trying to drive over it.

I apologize if you knew all that and just wanted to show the issue :)

Hmm, maybe the road builder could perform some adjustment here automatically. For example, when it finds out the way point was laid down on a slope and curving, it could adjust he elevation.

giucam

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 01:16:37 pm »

Eh, but it does happen on plain roads too. I did it there only because i like mountains :)

Not a car, but a man or a donkey would be able to ;)   ...maybe...
But that makes me thing about staircases. It would be cool to be able to dig stairs in the rock walls :)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 01:50:50 pm »

This one is still extreme :)

But you could try to subdivide the segments to give the road interpolator more space to breathe. If the road directions change too drastically, the interpolator can become unstable.

giucam

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 02:56:08 pm »

Well ok, but i thought that blog post was talking about that, wasn't it?
Btw, it happened to me some times when recreating real life roads. They sure can be adjusted by hand but i think that especially if you want to import them from OSM a real fix is needed.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »

The road interpolator was much more sensitive in the versions before that blog post. Even in moderate turns it started to lose precision, first on the markings and then the shape. It was impossible to create sharp turns on hill slopes.
The enhanced interpolator still has some limits before it starts to lose precision, but these are becoming mathematical limits - it's hard to define width of the road around a spline that folds.

Import from OSM will simply need to subdivide sharper turns more, using some heuristics. Probably the same heuristics we use when creating roads manually - it tells us that sharper turns need more attention.

lookastdu

• cars <3
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 05:06:52 pm »

Sorry for offtop, but...

:D
I hope Bethesda haven't fixed it. :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42