Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Model - JBSim guidance?  (Read 42665 times)

angrypig

Re: Model - JBSim guidance?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 06:49:14 pm »

Thanks. Also, as I understand Impcfg file will be used only in your converter or it should present in outerra's folder?

Yes, the file is required for import process only...

krz9000

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 07:36:30 am »

seems like opencollada does not support maya2012 and maya 2013...it possible to use autodesks dae_fbx exporter?

techno_werewolf

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 12:09:12 pm »

Is it the same for on/off raod trucks/cars. moving parts have to be separate elements. im running Google SketchUp 8
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^

angrypig

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 07:58:36 am »

seems like opencollada does not support maya2012 and maya 2013...it possible to use autodesks dae_fbx exporter?

You can use it but i cannot recommend it, because the result DAE file usually doesn't comply with the COLLADA standard. I have to check the latest version but older versions was very buggy...

Deutschmark

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 03:24:48 am »

Hi, I have a question, I use Milk shape 3D for making my 3D models I also use 3Dmax9, But Milk shape 3D also exports collada dea and has a full bones animation suite can this be used in Outerra?

Deutschmark
I have not come across a polygon yet that I have not been able to model with

Deutschmark

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 03:35:19 am »

Hello, I ask this question above because Milk shape 3D is only a one time buy of 30.00 USD and all updates when the ones that make the program do a update are free, I think something like this if the exported collada dea from it did work in Outerra would be a great thing for a lot of people here.

Deutschmark   

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 03:40:27 am »

I'm kicking Angrypig here all day to write a response, but he says he needs to think it through.

A safe bet would be to wait and see, I guess there will be specific issues with each of the modeling programs (or their Collada exports) that will have to be ironed out later. We are here using mainly Blender, have some exps with Max.

Deutschmark

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 04:07:26 am »

Ok, we wait and see, I would just like to add this, Blender although its free can have a very high learning curve to it for a lot of people and 3D max for most people has a very big price tag.

Deutschmark

angrypig

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 12:37:00 pm »

So currently we are not using animations and bones for aircraft/vehicle moving parts. Real bones and animations are not finished yet but it will change soon. So it means all moving parts have to be separate meshes/nodes. I choose this way because it is using much cheaper shader. And moving/rotation constraints are handled in code/script.

Deutschmark

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 12:47:17 pm »

Hi Angrypig, ok thats fine, but can the exported collada dea from Milk shape 3D be used in Outerra?, I have exported collada dea with out using animations and bones for aircraft/vehicle moving parts and it worked just fine in the app it was going into.

Deutschmark     

angrypig

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 12:49:53 pm »

Hi Angrypig, ok thats fine, but can the exported collada dea from Milk shape 3D be used in Outerra?, I have exported collada dea with out using animations and bones for aircraft/vehicle moving parts and it worked just fine in the app it was going into.

Deutschmark     

If the COLLADA file is in COLLADA 1.4 standard it should be fine.

Deutschmark

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 01:20:34 pm »

Thank you Angrypig, I have just sent a e-mail to the developer of Milk shape 3D to ask if the COLLADA is a 1.4 standard and I will reoprt back in this thread when I hear from them.

Deutschmark 

Deutschmark

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 03:38:55 pm »

Hi Angrypig, I just received a e-mail back from the developer of Milk shape 3D and this is what he had to say;

( Yes, it exports to COLLADA 1.4.1, but skeletons and animations are not exported. )

So Angrypig is this good for using in Outerra?

Deutschmark

angrypig

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 03:54:54 pm »

Yes it is suitable for vehicles and aircrafts but not for characters and skinned animations.

Deutschmark

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 04:03:17 pm »

Thank you Angrypig, that is a BIG plus for modders like me that will make vehicles and planes and space vehicles for Outerra as Milk shape 3D is very low cost and is very easy to use with no BIG learning curve to it, this in my eyes is a big win win for the ones that will make vehicles of all kinds for Outerra.

Deutschmark 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5