Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Importer  (Read 286494 times)

mustang60348

Re: Importer
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2012, 11:32:39 am »

If that's so it is probably wrong. If I understand correctly,  AERORP (Aero Reference Point) should not be base coordinate point (for that we have VRP, visual reference point). AERORP is crucial part of flight model and should have ability to be changed without affecting 3d model/FDM contact points position
Remember though, the 3d model contact positions and FDM contact positions have technically nothing to do with each other , when you define a BOGEY in the XML file, this can be ANYWHERE, we put in where the 3d model says there is a contact point but we could put it anywhere and have wheel in the ground OR above the ground etc.

angrypig

« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2012, 11:33:30 am »

AERORP means Aerodynamic Reference Point, it is defined relative to the structural coordinate frame. The origin of the structural frame is the VRP.

http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1185.msg15349#msg15349
http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/JSBSimCoordinates.pdf
http://wiki.flightgear.org/JSBSim_Aerodynamics

mustang60348

« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2012, 11:34:54 am »

I just rechecked my XML file and the reason It works for me is I have my AERORP and VRP in the same location. so you are probably right. I think though that CG works of AERO and Contact points work of VRP but again I could be wrong. Going to do more testing tonight

mustang60348

« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2012, 11:36:26 am »

I wonder if there is an advantage to putting VRP and AERORP in different locations OR is it best to put them in the same location.

mustang60348

« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:31 am »

Just read that COORD System doc, EXTREMELLY Helpfull. Now I understand much better and for sure the reason mine works is because I set them to the same location. Good Luck on my part I guess

seppen

« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2012, 09:55:03 pm »

I might add some reqests of import?
Unity has FBX, drag/drop, and I not need it, but if wanna be pop with newbies I recon it´s needed?
Automatic collision generation 2?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #246 on: December 16, 2012, 02:03:01 am »

I don't know if we want to be popular with newbies, OT will be harder to use, more specialized, and we aren't centered around primarily licensing the engine. Especially in this stage we're fine it can import something in some way :)

Collisions .. we'll see about it when I get to it.

maxdmg

« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2012, 04:23:24 pm »

If you have imported an asset and then decided to move it to a diff location.
And you have used the level tool is there a way to revert the auto level?

Also is there a way to reset your entire world if you make a major terrain FUBAR?

Great work BTW!!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2012, 04:34:20 pm »

The level is just a piece of road that doesn't modify terrain materials, you can delete it through road editor. Shift+click also selects the road, and you can delete both.

Erasing the cache folder will erase all your roads and placed objects. You may want to back it up regularly when working on something larger and expecting fubars ...

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2013, 02:00:10 pm »

How do you import your object on a specific pathway? I saw in one of Cameni's screen shots.

I tried with the "\". But it seems buggy and if try to put my object in :  C:\Users\MyName\Outerra\packages\Myname\Folder1\Folder2\Object . It doesn't do that... it creates another folder with the name of the object then how many folders it had before, then the folder with the object and the objects.
And it looks like this : C:\Users\MyName\Outerra\packages\Myname\Folder1\Folder2\Object\Folder1\Folder2\Object .

But the thing with this even if it puts the object there..  it doesn't read it in such way that you could import it.

What methods do you use to make well arranged and deep folder pathways?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

maxdmg

« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2013, 02:30:25 pm »

x:\OuterraOBJs\*.obj & *.dds

That is how most the assets are pulled from.

We were like F:\OuterraDEV\Anteworld\packages\VOK

But it made no diffidence where we stored the obj's or textures.
But open to any chain of thoughts.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2013, 02:57:09 pm »

Right now it always imports into your data directory, packages/your-ot-nickname/package-name
Under your nickname it's a flat structure, a list of packages containing the pkg model and textures directly. It's possible to create subfolders there, but that's for model skins and other modifications of the package.

Midviki

« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2013, 03:05:30 pm »

Yeah... but how did you manage to add an object with 2 subfolders???

I see in that screenshot of yours, in the builder the link looks like this : "cameni/bmwM3/black/bmwM3"

I can make the same thing by putting "/" key on the package name... and it make the folders in the same way... but how do you make them appear in the builder?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2013, 04:10:17 pm »

That was done manually, because that "black" subfolder is a black skin of the BMW model. So I just needed to create the subfolder and put files that define what's been changed there in relation to the base model. In this case it was just the new matlib file (and the new objdef file itself), but you can also change other files there, textures, scripts, all except the geometry pkg file. What's not found in the skin folder is taken from the base.

Midviki

« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2013, 05:44:43 pm »

d*mn... my obsessive compulsive mojo is so sad right now... :(

So... anytime soon some way to make subfolders?(at least something temporary).Objects start piling up, and there is no sense of order.Or to see the place where we "save".The directory where we place the imported object?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30