Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Outerra videos thread  (Read 252254 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Outerra videos thread
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2014, 12:04:18 am »

That is surreal. Those big planes and one just on its own..
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2014, 09:38:35 pm »

Another cheesy video  :D

Jagerbomber

« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2014, 10:25:37 pm »

lol Did you know they'd be there?  :o
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

M7

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:36 pm »

Yeah but i was not sure if i would get there at the right time. I got lost for a while at the beginning even though i had the map  :P which is pretty cool to   use to find your way in town.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2014, 01:13:04 am »

That is one Fancy house you pull up to.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2014, 01:33:33 am »

As you probably guessed, the whole video was just an excuse to present that house. i found it on sketchup warehouse. i redid the main textures but it was pretty nice already. The author is an architect and he had a facebook link so i sent him a message to ask for a permission to use some of his models and share them here. Still waiting for a response.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2014, 03:03:56 am »

Does it have any sort of interior?

M7

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2014, 08:14:21 am »

Not this one.  But there's some other sketchup modeller who creates their house with full interiors. They tend to be poly heavy though so would have to create  LOD with and without interior.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2014, 08:45:39 am »

Not this one.  But there's some other sketchup modeller who creates their house with full interiors. They tend to be poly heavy though so would have to create  LOD with and without interior.

... is true there ... procedural interior generation on top of the city-generator would be pushing a lot of polys away white some limited way of manipulating whyte it. But for specific interiors and buildings, it would need to be there anyways.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2014, 08:50:33 am »

... is true there ... procedural interior generation on top of the city-generator would be pushing a lot of polys away white some limited way of manipulating with it. But for specific interiors and buildings, it would need to be there anyways.

With some truly heroic Lod's..........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2014, 11:34:34 am »

well ... there may be needed some interior stuff being generated - but the miscs (telephones, pictures, tables) are needed to be modeled additionally anyway. Otherwise, the generator had to be scripted to generate all the stuff (a separate for couches, lamps, tables) and place them accordingly (ktichen, bath ...). Maybe, if there be a set of these things, where just a special directory would be defined (where these interior miscs would be whyte a little info .txt for OT saying if its for the kitchen and the type of stuff), it could be great. Just imagine it would use the stuff in the directory and any thing added to it would be used accordingly in the inferiors whyte some probability trough the generator (whyte accordingly made changes for the importer to add stuff specially for this reason) .. AND some way to construct your own house-creations (in some stuff displacement document). (of course in addition of the whole-building import)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

pico

• http://
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2014, 06:30:05 am »

Another little Video.  8)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:50:54 am by pico »

M7

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2014, 01:21:21 pm »

Another wingman style video, this time with the new glider. Think i still need practice to better follow the ghost wingman.

HiFlyer

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2014, 01:38:40 pm »

Another wingman style video, this time with the new glider. Think i still need practice to better follow the ghost wingman.

This is a very nice vid!!!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2014, 02:27:52 pm »

Looks really smooth! 
"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44