Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: Old version: 0.7.15.3700  (Read 250906 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Latest version: 0.7.13.3530
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:55 am »

I feel special.. Like I have my own private world made of sorrow and misery.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2013, 03:23:34 am »

Update drivers, attach eng.log.

I don't see any new update on drivers in my Catalyst Control Center..

Is this what I am suppose to have?

And the "eng.log" as well attached below.

Anyway if I can't do nothing.. except reinstal the engine, is there a way maybe I can delete some regenerative file and it will come back to life?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2013, 03:30:32 am »

The eng.log says you are running 3519 version, it didn't update. Try to install the patch manually: Anteworld-0.7.13.3519-3530

You can also safely delete cfg files, they will be re-created.

You can try the beta Catalyst 13.2 driver http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_2_download.html

Midviki

« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2013, 03:48:46 am »

Nup... done both... update driver + manual update... nothing seems to work.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2013, 03:51:43 am »

Please post the eng.log again, from the updated version. Does it offer you to send a crash report?

Midviki

« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2013, 04:21:54 am »

The eng.log seems like 2-3 lines different but basically the same as it was.And no 'crash report' ... it actually very simple : "I click on Outerra.exe , and windows error window pop's up" as I linked in the first topic related to this.

I think I didn't explained how this happened exactly.I was making the update.. I pressed alt+tab and when the update finished downloading and tried to apply, that's when it occurred ... And it happened some other time as well but I deleted some file and it worked then.

And the blue screen part it is actually something special for my PC only, so the blue screen is not related with the Outerra.exe. Its more of a conflict between Winamp & Windows from what I observed along the last few months.But the thing that might be similar are probably forced crashes of the engine when update is loading and finishing and during that restart I think if you probably crash the .exe it might get broken.

I attached the new 'eng.log' file. ( It might be bugged I see it on the right side of the screen )
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:23:42 am by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

pico

• http://
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:31 am »

Beautiful new stone might be a bit too many. Would be good to morph the mid-sized stones from the ground as it is at the grass borders.
Another idea is to set a new colour area for the flat lands. A bit darker or brighter green to make it more interesting.

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2013, 04:47:03 am »

i'm sure the color will be tuned with the biomes once implented.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Midviki

« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2013, 04:50:36 am »

Anyway... I think I will reinstal it later when I will wake up, now I will go to sleep.And for the future I will know to back-up all the files for every update.

But if you still want to investigate, I'm not rushing and I can keep it like this a bit more. I will check the replies here if you need any other files to check out.And I still ow a video that I made and I need to link in the "importer" topic, that is about the spinning wheels animation and physics, they spin on all axis depending on the geometrical shape and position of the tire objects.I have no idea what is happening there, if anyone can share some insight about any "tricks" why are the tire objects from the imported object behaving differently depending on coordinates of the objects within the imported object.

And what key is it again to start record and stop recording the videos?(Or I'l look for the page with some basic guiding, I think I saw a topic about video recording in Outerra). Anyway I used Camtasia cause I heard that I need to convert the video and other things to get it for a proper format on YouYTube, but the problem was after I made the video... it looked very lagged and low fps, even if when I was recording nothing seemed to be going wrong.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:54:07 am by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2013, 05:38:19 am »

ohh, that's so sweeeet...   ;D
Devs are not so brutal, as it may seem at first ;D

VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2013, 06:44:57 am »

Ladies and Gentlemen, take a bath at the white sandy beach Copacabana  ;D

:o
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:47:54 am by Sam »
Resident of Outerra

Andy

« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2013, 08:04:42 am »

I tried the new build on Linux.

Updating and restarting went well, no errors at all. Beside that i have the same problems as mentioned here: http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1402.msg17568#msg17568

I noticed in the "eng.log" file that the game cannot recognize my GPU memory correctly. Maybe that causes the crashes?

Code: [Select]
DEBUG: OpenGL renderer information
    vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    renderer: GeForce GTX 275/PCIe/SSE2
    version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 313.18
    glsl: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
    Total available GPU memory: 0 MB
    Current available GPU memory: 0 MB

Jagerbomber

« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2013, 09:58:58 am »

It can be hard to tell without the map up, but some of them are really massive! Holy crap!
(And even cause themselves to have their own trees)
Some of them could almost be mountains themselves... (Well... New England mountains...  ::))

THIS... http://i3.minus.com/iJufoiCglmrjV.jpg is not a rock..

My god there are too many of them also.
Our beloved ATI 4000 series at it again. This is what I see when I jump into your photo:

It looks like rocks have been added even to areas that were already previously download? Yes???
These rocks are procedurally generated & placed atop of the terrain. The size of the rocks and their frequencies are all adjustable, will be tuned better in time. Don't count that they will stay where they are now.

I've seen even bigger than that!  :P  And in a relatively flat area.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #193 on: March 03, 2013, 11:24:33 am »

I tried the new build on Linux.
I noticed in the "eng.log" file that the game cannot recognize my GPU memory correctly. Maybe that causes the crashes?
Nope, that's just informative. Can you recognize the terrain from the distance, or is it just a sphere?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2013, 11:31:26 am »

Anyway... I think I will reinstal it later when I will wake up, now I will go to sleep.And for the future I will know to back-up all the files for every update.

But if you still want to investigate, I'm not rushing and I can keep it like this a bit more. I will check the replies here if you need any other files to check out.
I'd suggest doing a clean uninstall of Catalyst drivers first and then installing new ones. The point at which it crashes, and that it doesn't bring up the crash reporter, suggests that it crashes in the driver at initialization of OpenGL. There was a problem with that some time back, and you had to reset Catalyst settings for it to work.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32