Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Missing a really good manual for importing  (Read 16081 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Missing a really good manual for importing
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 11:32:12 pm »

The hardest stuff yet, is the script

I would love to help code the physics for you. I am a stickler for the physics stuff and the classy cars would be best.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 12:52:48 am »

Was able to import two cars so far from sketchup file and have them drivable. The ferrari turned out bigger than i expected.  I've also been playing with the JS script  while driving, in order to find out what does what. It's quite fun to learn that way. Next i'm taking on a tank.

mLichy

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 11:07:39 am »

Have you tried setting up cubemaps/gotten a good paint shader yet? 

I'm going to be messing with that over the week when I get time.  I saw some guys do some nice chrome, so paint should be able to look decent I'd imagine. 

Oldtown

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 02:44:44 pm »

It would be cool if we have soon a real working script for tanks. The one we got until now has some physical problems within the script. So we have to wait until this is fixed. Also I am waiting for Trailer support and moveable Trains with Trackeditor like the Roadeditor. A lot of work to do for our Outerra Team  ;D

monks

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 03:44:07 pm »

This is really useful. I was going to make a post detailing the steps I took to get my first models in. I've got a few more things to try out yet, but it would be useful if someone posted a walkthrough, about for eg, importing a heirarchical textured model, and stickied the thread or wikid it so peope who have no experience can do it. It's not *that* difficult so far...but I think there's still a barrier to people who've never done this kind of thing before.

monks

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 07:48:52 pm »

hi all. i followed this tut and got my mustang bullet in outerra but having big problems! like M7 said my car is flipping in the air a lot and even if i get it standing still its on one wheel with the other 3 floating! i saw M7 said he played with the com command to fix it but i cant find it? where is the com command? it looks like my car wants to stand on its side so im sure thats what i need to change to fix it! so where do i find it? thanks

ps. thanks for the tut! :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:19:30 pm by bugsblake »
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

mLichy

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 08:30:11 pm »

Nice looking car.  Seems like either COM (Center of Mass), or suspension is not set to compress enough possibly.

COM should be under init_chassis()

Code: [Select]
return {mass:1570, steering:1.0, steering_ecf:10000, centering: 2.0, centering_ecf: 10, com:{y:0.2, z:-0.20}};

M7

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 08:54:46 pm »

Also If you dont want to play with the com for future import, in your 3d software (i use sketchup) you need to place the car centered with the default pivot (x,y,z axis)

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 09:06:53 pm »

thanks so much guys! :) been playing with the com but no luck as yet. will get there in the end! thanks for the tip about the setup in max! i will do that before export next time! :)

EDIT: almost there! stopped the car jumping now! :) was a pain! just working the suspention now! will upload it and post it here in the vehicles thread shortly! though you may want to edit the setting to suit you! being this is my first go! ;) thanks again for the help! got over 100 of theses cars i could put in outerra!  :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:34:55 pm by bugsblake »
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 03:44:59 pm »

Again me with questions. xD
Wheels on car models I have are not one piece tube like it is on this sample car in this thread. So I was wondering do I have to attach rims and tyres together, or what do I need to do with them? Or just leave them as they are and just set pivot points for tyres and rims seperately?
I know that these questions might sound stupid, but I've never done something like this before and am complete newb at all this. xD

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 03:49:44 pm »

if the wheel is made up of many bits, just group them! same with the chassis! the pivot point should be center to the wheel as shown in the tut!
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 04:12:51 pm »

Thanks, will try that now. It's much appreciated!
Pages: 1 [2]