Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Limits of functionally designed models ?  (Read 86064 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Limits of functionally designed models ?
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2013, 04:28:39 am »

... i have a wheel composing of the wheel and its internal part (of two components too ... see pics down the reply) and scripted the z axis turning of the internal part as the wheel does. Now i would like to add to it its height according to the wheel.
- Is there a way to get the actual deviation from its original position for me to implement it to the internal part ?
 - Or some way to limit the movement of some axis (actually just the x axe rotation) of a part under the wheel hierarchy ?
The wheel() function returns run time wheel & suspension data http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/trac.fcgi/wiki/wheel_data

... the middle part of the wheel yet still is there ? (Wheel_FrontR)

I know that i done the wheel by making the inner part and the wheel resin separately (both whyte an separate material), but joined them into one mesh (nothing stays behind in a separate mesh), so there is no reason to be left behind, yet, still it does ... so, is it possible, that the fact, that the inner part has an other material than the resin wheel makes it to ignore in script ? - leaving it behind (means rendering one of the materials anyway) ?

Multi-material meshes are internally separate meshes, and I think there was a problem with the function affecting only the first mesh with given name.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2013, 05:10:00 am »

The wheel() function returns run time wheel & suspension data http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/trac.fcgi/wiki/wheel_data
wow .. how did i oversee this page ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:39:12 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2013, 05:12:15 am »

Multi-material meshes are internally separate meshes, and I think there was a problem with the function affecting only the first mesh with given name.

So the importer makes all those meshes split into more meshes, will you try to do it work ? .. or maybe there would be a way to extract the second one to add another line for that one ... hmm .. most probably i have to separate it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:14:32 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2013, 04:49:21 am »

... made my wheels separate ... now working on wheel-change script, doe one problem is there - i may not use variables well. My script base is like this :

Code: [Select]

// Variations of wheelparameters for the wheel-change function

// Variations FL
   var wpflg =
    {
        radius: 0.60, //<-- edit this to 0.3 (remember our wheel radius of 30cm!)
        width: 0.25, //<-- edit this to 0.2 (this represents the height parameter in 3d max of 20cm!)
        suspension_max: 0.27,
        suspension_min: -0.21,
        suspension_stiffness: 25,
        damping_compression: 0.08,
        damping_relaxation: 0.07,
        slip: 2.0,  //0.8
slip_lateral_coef: 0.98,   //0.955
        roll_influence: 0.1,
rotation: -1.0
   };

var wpfld =
    {
        radius: 0.30, //<-- edit this to 0.3 (remember our wheel radius of 30cm!)
        width: 0.25, //<-- edit this to 0.2 (this represents the height parameter in 3d max of 20cm!)
        suspension_max: 0.27,
        suspension_min: -0.21,
        suspension_stiffness: 25,
        damping_compression: 0.08,
        damping_relaxation: 0.07,
        slip: 3.0,  //0.8
slip_lateral_coef: 0.65,   //0.955
        roll_influence: 0.01,
rotation: -1.0
   };

// End of variations for the wheel-change script

//Wheel-change script

//INFO: This script changes the wheelparameters for the individual wheels based on "..."situation witch says if its good, damaged or not there at all.
             // 1 - good condition 2 - baad condition 3 - not there

// FL
const  wpflsituation = wpflsitvar

if (wpflsituation == 1) {wpfl = wpflg}
  else{wpfl = wpfld}

//handle extra actions
function action(k,v,dt)
{

switch(k){

case AOpen: {

//this.log_inf("aOpenBool " + aOpenBool);

//Wheel-change script wisible mesh and param part

if (v == 1 && aOpenBool == true) {
      wpflsitvar == 2
             this.geom.set_mesh_visible_id(this.fl_id, true);
             this.geom.set_mesh_visible_id(this.fle_id, true);
             this.geom.set_mesh_visible_id(this.flg_id, false);
             this.geom.set_mesh_visible_id(this.fld_id, true);
       }
if (v == 1 && aOpenBool == false) {
    aOpenTime = aOpenTime + (2 * 1);
    this.log_inf("aOpenBool " + aOpenTime);
    wpflsitvar == 1
        this.geom.set_mesh_visible_id(this.fle_id, false);
        this.geom.set_mesh_visible_id(this.flg_id, true);
        this.geom.set_mesh_visible_id(this.fld_id, false);
       }

if (v == 1) {
if (aOpenBool == false) {aOpenBool = true;}
else{aOpenBool = false;}
}

}break;

}

}

So i actually want to change the "wpflsitvar" by hitting O (to try if the wpflsitvar based script itself works) but it just changes the visible meshes, not the "wpflsitvar" to 1 or 2. I tried to put it all over the place and still, somehow it just identifies the value as first mentioned in the script file (as you see, its 2), newer making any difference. (tried too an basic if script in the "function update_frame" section - still changing just the mesh visibility, not the "wpflsitvar" value) can you see, where i do something bad ?

Whole script : http://dl1.upnito.sk/download.php?dwToken=9fb7f52f615ddbdeb01e963979046ca8

I want to make later the "wpflsitvar" value change when the z axis position of the wheel hits its max. so that the wheel geds damaged and changes its defining values whyte it ...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2013, 05:21:17 am »

Uff what construct is this:
wpflsitvar == 1

Probably should be assignment (=), not comparison (==).

PytonPago

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2013, 07:02:02 am »

Uff what construct is this:
wpflsitvar == 1

... just a leftover from copy-paste too much ... doe changed to = does not still has the changing effect there ... is there a problem it being after these lines ?  ::::

// BR
const  wpbrsituation = wpbrsitvar

if (wpbrsituation = 1) {wpbr = wpbrg}
  else{wpbr = wpbrd}

this.add_wheel('Wheel_FrontL', wpfl); //<-- the name "wheel_FR" is the name you used for your wheel mesh in 3d program
  this.add_wheel('Wheel_FrontR', wpfr);
  this.add_wheel('Wheel_MiddleL', wpml);
  this.add_wheel('Wheel_MiddleR', wpmr);
  this.add_wheel('Wheel_BackL', wpbl);
  this.add_wheel('Wheel_BackR', wpbr);
Probably should be assignment (=), not comparison (==).

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2013, 07:42:11 am »

You wrote:
So i actually want to change the "wpflsitvar" by hitting O (to try if the wpflsitvar based script itself works) but it just changes the visible meshes, not the "wpflsitvar" to 1 or 2.

That was because you weren't assigning it.
Now changing the wheel parameters this way won't work. Existence of wheels doesn't depend on the visibility of meshes, wheels actually have no idea which meshes pertain to them.

This requires a support for disabling the wheels at run time.

PytonPago

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2013, 08:11:31 am »

You wrote:
So i actually want to change the "wpflsitvar" by hitting O (to try if the wpflsitvar based script itself works) but it just changes the visible meshes, not the "wpflsitvar" to 1 or 2.

That was because you weren't assigning it.
Now changing the wheel parameters this way won't work. Existence of wheels doesn't depend on the visibility of meshes, wheels actually have no idea which meshes pertain to them.

This requires a support for disabling the wheels at run time.

.. nah, the visibility of meshes where there just to check on the actuall AOpen script work verification and add onto it, didnt want to do that in an separate script ..

I just wondered why the wheel-parameters would not update as it is made as an variable (- wpflg(good wheel) and wpfld(damaged wheel) being assigned trough wpflsituation (in the if before  "this.add_wheel"´s) hawing value according to wpflsitvar (1 or 2) --- ) depending on the AOpen given state (wpflsitvar (= 1 or = 2)).

I know i could skip one of them, but it will be needed for further development of the wheel changing (other dependencies and events added onto it later).

so you say the "this.add_wheel('Wheel_FrontR', wpfr);"´s  wpfr cant be an changing variable yet ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:18:33 am by PytonPago »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2013, 11:04:32 am »

When you call this.add_wheel(...), the call goes through the API and the JS object (wpfr) gets streamed on the C++ side into a corresponding C++ object, and handled by the appropriate class. There's no connection between the two after that conversion.

PytonPago

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2013, 12:22:45 pm »

When you call this.add_wheel(...), the call goes through the API and the JS object (wpfr) gets streamed on the C++ side into a corresponding C++ object, and handled by the appropriate class. There's no connection between the two after that conversion.

... well that stops my work on the wheel-changing for now.   :P  Well, seems that i will have to figure out the engine-pimp first then. Thanks anyway cameni, im some new stuff brighter now.

PytonPago

« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2013, 02:39:49 pm »

Since now in school, started to work on the rest-details to the model and on the rockets themselves. First one the shrapnel warhead M-210F/9M22U ( М-210Ф/9М22У in russian lettering ). This one is actually the most simple, no dispatching parts, just a ballistic projectile, but coming mining and cassette-load warheads will be done whyte internals to have them dispatch in flight and work as they should.

... and on the BM-21 whyte the detail of the rocket-exhaust cower :

Will have to modify the flat Ural too, to make the support rearming vehicle:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:41:53 pm by PytonPago »

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2013, 03:14:42 pm »

Keep them comming. You`ll be the pioneer rocket scientist here in Outerra once rockets are implemented!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

PytonPago

« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2013, 04:46:19 pm »

Keep them comming. You`ll be the pioneer rocket scientist here in Outerra once rockets are implemented!

... nah, we need some russian OKB´s or NASA (oh no, their now stopped due to funding problems from WH ) for that stuff. :D

Doe, making an pyrotech. sim whyte all those vehicles and stuff - that would be an interesting thing for me as a chemist.  ??? 

Anyway, i just want to do those, because their ballistics are a little enhanced compared to classical mortars/cannons. And if the different munition types and parachute-AT-modules get working, it will be a classy showoff in OT. (not to mention that big-artillery guns have such tech-stuffed munitions too, so some special cannons would be a easy thing to do, once it gets there).  -- And : whyte that much of space, its basically a sin not to try far reaching artillery. Especially when the multilayer comes out. Mark my words ! :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:52:34 pm by PytonPago »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »

Those whitewalls.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2013, 04:02:39 am »

Those whitewalls.
In soviet times, they has some paint-classification for different batteries. But nowadays all of them are different lenght, so they dont do much painting anymore (except off-broad exported ones)...

...still have the lettering, so no problems identifying for the army-men.

(and im lazy to go into textures now :D May wait till OT´s expert is free for another project :) )
 ... will have to look into the lettering too, so i dont make a mistake there whyte new ordnances.  :-\
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:06:11 am by PytonPago »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11