Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Introduce Outerra to Steam with Greenlight  (Read 15487 times)

lukek6081

Re: Introduce Outerra to Steam with Greenlight
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 12:45:05 pm »

Yeah steam can be bad if it's released to early, but it would allow the developers to work on Outerra full time from all the purchases it would acquire. Look how Gmod started it was taboo for a sandbox base off HL:2 to be sold but it made millions and their working on Gmod 11. Steam would give it more attention and funds, i was very lucky to stumble on Outtera just think about how many people are missing out because they don't know Outtera exists. It's not like steam owns the rights to the game or controls it, it just doesn't like outside sources being linked to steam because their very serious about security and don't want to give hackers extra ports to mess with. "Steam Workshop" is a feature new to steam that allows easy mod uploads and is hassle free for users to click and directly add mods to their game since pc noobs have a hard time adding files to folders and such.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 02:39:36 pm »

Yeah steam can be bad if it's released to early

lol Like WarZ  ::)
(I wasn't gonna get it anyways since it was a blatant ripoff of the DayZ mod from a company run by someone already known to be an a-hole.)

But Outerra is a different beast.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:32 am »

I mean, both of the devs they know well what will be the best for that engine.  ::)
Resident of Outerra

Jagerbomber

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 05:32:52 pm »

DO THEY?!  DO THEY?!!!
 ;) :P
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 03:42:56 am »

DO THEY?!  DO THEY?!!!
 ;) :P
Yea, of course!!  8)

Because it's not necessary, to tell all about Business here.  :-*
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:55:13 am by Sam »
Resident of Outerra

HansensUniverse

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 04:39:33 am »

Hope this get's on Steam to when it's ready, deserves some attention, we need to fresh up the gaming world not only simulation, to much of the same deal these days, i would love to see this Engine spring to life among the gaming community.
Cheers Tony Hansen :)

Evildropbear

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 06:52:42 am »

Hope this get's on Steam to when it's ready, deserves some attention, we need to fresh up the gaming world not only simulation, to much of the same deal these days, i would love to see this Engine spring to life among the gaming community.

IF Outerra decides to go with Steam, would that include being able to use Steam ID as an identifier, and not having to log in with my Outerra account details? I hate having to log in multiple systems.

Reminds me of that GTA IV Nightmare, Steam -> Social Club -> Windows Live  :o

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 04:38:24 pm »

Steam is only bad if you don't hold up to your deal. And rightfuly so.
I like Steam and from all these online game sellers Steam is my fav one. I never had a single problem with Steam, and I'm using it for more than 8 years now. It's only big brother if you're paranoid. If you see it as it is, it's perfectly normal, and they never interfere with my games what so ever.
Origin, now that is a knob type platform I hate with passion.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 07:06:08 pm »

Steam is only bad if you don't hold up to your deal. And rightfuly so.
Origin, now that is a knob type platform I hate with passion.

God damnit.. Origin. That and Games for Windows Live. Steam4ever
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo
Pages: 1 [2]