Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Zeos' Suggestions  (Read 41862 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Zeos' Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 03:48:13 pm »

In the beginning there won't be much that other players might do to you, it will be mostly about world building and economic growth and driving & exploring and so. In a sense it will be an online singleplayer - though you will be able to go around and observe what others are building, but when it comes to your own play, you'll have your own lands to build on and your own thwatoku (I bet we'll evolve the name here to something that will be actually used there :)) to defend from.

You should be able to connect road & rail networks with others, or use their lines, trade with them etc.
Gradually it should grow up into something larger, for example there will be extra servers to handle group play for people wanting to race on created tracks or to hunt. Alliances and states could be formed and so on, it has been already described elsewhere.

With all that I don't think there's a place for police or a law enforcement force, people will be pioneers, on their own in the wilderness. Although, if a need for such things arises later, mothership fleet could be used for such things. In that case it would be probably an AI thing.

CJay

Zeos' Suggestions
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 04:22:40 pm »

Thats fine, i just love the whole concept out Outterra, really what you chaps are making is quite incredible, I look forward to assisting you the best i can, and i'm sure we'll all eventually run into each other in the world.

I'll stick to being a pilot then for you lads!

AKNightHawk

• http://www.moddb.com/games/assault-knights-reign-of-steel
Zeos' Suggestions
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 06:28:36 pm »

Well for fuel actually. There is a way to make a kind of gas out of corn. Also you could use water to make fuel as well. Which would be very clean. And I am not talking about steam engines either. Also there is compressed air. Though corn can make ethanol and or white-lightning as some people might call it. It runs much hotter then gas and if a engine is made for it, it could actually take over as the gas. I could very well see people growing huge crops of corn to make a kind of burnable fuel out of it..
Assault Knights:Reign of Steel
Donate to the Assault Knights project
I always think everything is better with mechs.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Zeos' Suggestions
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 10:12:18 pm »

Quote from: AKNightHawk
I am not talking about steam engines

Well why not. SteamPunk is the "in-thing". I would personally LOVE to see a steam powered Tatra.. In Fact I think Garrys Mod might now be calling.

http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/info_faq/steampunk_bike2.jpg http://www.rippin-kitten.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/steampunk_trike.jpg
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ZoneKiller

Re: Zeos' Suggestions
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 07:03:10 am »

with a time scale offset,  the people that are in jobs and can only play at certin times will then experence day and night.
also why wolves and foxes or zombies , so much time has passed and so much imagination out there why could the dinosaurs not come back - or other nasty creatures , that will make exploring a thrill and profitable.

techno_werewolf

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 11:10:51 pm »

Well for fuel actually. There is a way to make a kind of gas out of corn. Also you could use water to make fuel as well. Which would be very clean. And I am not talking about steam engines either. Also there is compressed air. Though corn can make ethanol and or white-lightning as some people might call it. It runs much hotter then gas and if a engine is made for it, it could actually take over as the gas. I could very well see people growing huge crops of corn to make a kind of burnable fuel out of it..

this is off topic, in your post you have (gas out of corn,water,compressed air) as tipes of power,  wut about Propane its very clean and burns hot and has alot of power. Mothers Car Care made a Propane powerd car back in 2007 the car makes over 1,000 HP http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/31/sema-2007-1-000-hp-propane-chevelle-by-mothers/
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 01:12:39 am »

Propane is a by-product of the process that turns crude oil into gasoline. So unless that is going on there won't be any propane.. Natural Gas on the other hand is more likely to be found.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 04:53:38 pm »

Also that new gas thing that has been going on: they pull the natural gas out of the cracks on rocky ground but the have given it another name....
Anyway, such gas deposits could still exist in the year of Anteworld.

Also, whay about geothermal energy? Sure the drilling technology would be much better than that Soviet Hole mentioned somewhere else here in the forum, and we could even use the Earth`s core to power things.

Sorry if I`m bringing up an old post. :P
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 05:33:38 pm »

Resurrect away! I forgot what I had said anyway!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 01:45:44 am »

this is off topic, in your post you have (gas out of corn,water,compressed air) as tipes of power,  wut about Propane its very clean and burns hot and has alot of power. Mothers Car Care made a Propane powerd car back in 2007 the car makes over 1,000 HP http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/31/sema-2007-1-000-hp-propane-chevelle-by-mothers/

How did i not mention this lines before ???? ... well, the problem is, you can make any kind of engine you like, but the energy outcome of propane is, and by the chemistry side always will be much lower than by many stuff hiding in gasoline ... so in the end, you have to burn a lot more of it, to get the same amount, as gasoline gives up.  ... CO2 isnt the real problem in crude oil fuels, its the amount of other possible out-coming gases (CO - from nonperfect burning (fuel type based engine-design thing), SOx´s - witch are there, because desulfurization of crude oil isnt still a 100% thing, NOx´s - because any living thing has nitrogen and laying around under earth for milenia doesnt change that ... ).

If count their C-count for propane gasoline, you will see, you have more carbohydrates by oil use than by propane molecules. You need more molar mass for the same energy outcome.

Second problem is the fact, there are no propane designed engines (you still have to use a mix) and those trying to do that have an pain in the ass effectivity.

Last thing is, how much space you need for the certain crops to grow for the needed amount of propane by bio-fermentation processing to make it "clean" ?

Using bio-fuels newer had any real way to achieve its goals on the physical side (our economy model doesn't give that much help aether) for an closed resource planet of our. I thing it came out of some now-days economist than from an engineer - fits the thinking model.

Of course, gasoline still hasn't their problems solved. In this manner none is right actually, but changing just the energy-type base for our society isn't going to do much, if the structure  and way of usage doesn't change (witch actually should be going on right now, but still isn't).

And as for fracking :

(don't mind the over-ecologist way of explaining things)

... yes, Sulphur is gotten a similar way, but uses overheated vapor water (doesn't need all the stuff poured into it like in the fracking case).
 In the end - interesting idea, badly planned and idiotically done. And protected by law. What a nice sentence to describe our kind.  :D

We need something ....

Tesla style to get this problem solved ! :D :D :D :D

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:50:39 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

John514

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 03:01:50 am »

Check that out!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 03:04:45 am »

Actually if we are going for best electric vehicles..

John514

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 03:08:29 am »

That one is hybrid.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 08:58:22 am »

Check that out!

Wow ! ... can hear the sound of air tribulations around the car curves !  :o
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 10:59:25 am »

People support things like fracking, yet oppose wind and solar power.... I just don't understand it......

(Notice those larger (for Eastern US at least) earthquakes we've had over the last few years?)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4