Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 8689 times)

aWac9

Star Citizen
« on: September 01, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »

probably the best space simulator
And it only took like 7days to go from 16 million$ to 17million$.
support $ 19.000.000
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13241-17-Million

Star Citizen Hangar Module 0.1

¡¡ I did not know where to locate the post!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 06:06:59 pm by aWac9 »

James

Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:26:50 pm »

Holy christ! $17 MILLION!?
I wish Outerra could have this much money for its development!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »

And that is how the creator died of a cocaine and hooker overdose.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 01:15:42 am »

seems like a interesting game ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Chaoz

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:15:51 am »

it sure is :D have invested 75 $ myself

James

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 04:26:28 pm »

I'm honestly interested in Outerra more than this. :3

PytonPago

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 01:39:30 am »

I'm honestly interested in Outerra more than this. :3

OT comes out whyte planetary support ... they come to it. :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 10:08:22 am »

when projects are expensive always a search option in places like kickstarter ( http://www.kickstarter.com/?ref=nav ) funding,
I do not intend to compare anything, just search for it if you need financing, there are a lot of people thinking and realize dreams and are willing to put their money.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 05:15:20 am »

Interesting, Star Citizen will have procedural planets too. Impressive they managed to do that with the Cry Engine.

PytonPago

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 09:42:03 am »

Still , that bug question. Will there be all like that, and whats the quality. Dont think they really let ya too low on hevily populated planets simply for too much needed content. I think they do just some special places on them worth hte landing, whyle most will have aether restrictions on operation heights, or just rocks all around. Also, that planet seems kinda small (not sure why that feeling of mine). Doe, it looks nice, seems buying off people from the cryengine for that project paid off really greatly.

HiFlyer

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 09:46:58 am »

Still , that bug question. Will there be all like that, and whats the quality. Dont think they really let ya too low on hevily populated planets simply for too much needed content. I think they do just some special places on them worth hte landing, whyle most will have aether restrictions on operation heights, or just rocks all around. Also, that planet seems kinda small (not sure why that feeling of mine). Doe, it looks nice, seems buying off people from the cryengine for that project paid off really greatly.

Which is why your previous comment (in another thread) about Outerra needing ten more years doesn't really enthuse me, because if Outerra really does take that long, then it will reach adulthood in a world where its technology is no longer unique and exciting, because everyone (with bigger budgets and larger teams) will be doing this, and Outerra will be just another procedural engine among many, instead of the exciting pioneer it is now.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 10:58:56 am »

Which is why your previous comment (in another thread) about Outerra needing ten more years doesn't really enthuse me, because if Outerra really does take that long, then it will reach adulthood in a world where its technology is no longer unique and exciting, because everyone (with bigger budgets and larger teams) will be doing this, and Outerra will be just another procedural engine among many, instead of the exciting pioneer it is now.

I wouldnt look at it that way ... maybe im looking at it from the mechanical point, but even the Mi-28 was in developement from almost the 70s. Question is only how much effort is brought to compeeting projects and whats the stuff they focuss on, if they just intend to use it in a limited way, you could have a short-cut for coming up white the project (especially if you use some previously used codes in it). I atleast, from all i read here for those past years, see Cameny having a litle wider range of uses for OT than just a cross-vehicle simulator. And there i see a point why all that time. Theyre also a little bit limited compared to bigger gaming companies and do work aside for keeping it up. Id still put my money on OT in 10 years for my understanding of these things. Besides, Uriah and co. did already a nice job on the Apache. Its not that serious content cant be done already.  ;) So ...

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 02:20:22 pm »

There is a real difference between games using (in a good way or not) procedural generation to add surface and scale to their universe and what OT is doing :)

Here they will use procedural generation to "stick" some hand created levels (it's very visible in the video) into procedurally generated worlds, because it's better and more immersive than a simple loading warp screen
It's a good thing to have these projects choosing that orientation because it's pushing the technology forward, but it's also showing how OT is still really unique in that field. The ones that must be really feeling sad right now are the guys of Infinity, because here Star Citizen got on of their key feature (not the same scale and the same way)...

HiFlyer

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 04:05:18 pm »

It's a good thing to have these projects choosing that orientation because it's pushing the technology forward, but it's also showing how OT is still really unique in that field.

Nothing truly exciting in computer gaming stays unique for more than 10 years......... and the reality is that procedural generation is rapidly moving from interesting parlor trick territory into buzzword of the next generation territory.

The video I posted from Bohemia VSB3 shows that other companies are not going to just sit still and watch somebody else try to eat their lunch. They are going to react aggressively.

The rule is "If you've got it, flaunt it." followed closely by "Use it or lose it."

The good news is I don't think the TitanIM people seem the type to ease their foot off the gas and chance losing momentum in such a competitive market. I suspect they and their partners sense of urgency will be a positive force in moving things forward.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:11:13 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro