Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NZ Textures- Download  (Read 19151 times)

maggotknees

Re: NZ Textures- Download
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 03:02:19 am »

hey thanks for this man im from new zealand too! iv just found out about outerra. will these textures be compatible with the demo? im just waiting to get a card to purchase the full version. thanks

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 04:22:03 am »

hey thanks for this man im from new zealand too! iv just found out about outerra. will these textures be compatible with the demo? im just waiting to get a card to purchase the full version. thanks

Hey,

Yes these textures will work. Are you looking for a video card? I have one which is surplus to requirements and is in Excellent condition, I upgraded mine to the latest. Let me know if this is what you mean. Btw, where are you from in NZ?
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

maggotknees

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 04:36:02 am »

cool thanks , nah i mean credit card to purchase and support development. it looks like this project has mind blowing potential, im from manawatu wanganui :)

maggotknees

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 04:39:58 am »

my video card is ok for the time being gtx 560 and intel i7 2600 , windows 7

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 06:56:32 am »

wish we could set location specific textures, so whole earth doesn't look same. :\
Good work tho.

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »

This is amazing Kelvinr - Thank You! I cannot wait for more updates / textures to come. Keeping NZ beautiful - Nice work

Haydz192

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 12:13:45 am »

Yay, Nice to see another Kiwi playing this game. NZ FTW! :) Looks real smexy, too, nice work mate.
Owns a Origin Jumpworks 300i in Star Citizen.

HiFlyer

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 10:32:34 am »

Hi all,

It's been a while...

Anyway, I thought that seeing as some people are interested in a different look for Outerra landscape I would upload a texture set that I created to try to match my home in New Zealand. This is the set that I use by default and so I have decided to allow others to enjoy it as I do.

These are all the replacement textures I will share as I have mentioned previously that all my 200+ textures are for Brano to use at his discretion inside Outerra for the Biome system once ready.

For those of you who don't know I have spent many (hundreds) of hours trying to bring the Outerra landscape to life by working on certain base ground textures (including grass, dirt, gravel, sand and rocks) for different Biomes and regions. I am not an official developer or Outerra Team member just a willing fan that has taken it upon himself to help speed up the Biome side of development in terms of textures.

So enjoy this set.

Download
http://sdrv.ms/18tXKrj

Cheers,

K.

So.... You did a bunch of work, and your YouTube videos showing your textures are great. But has any of this ever been used yet? is there any indication it ever will be used?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 11:20:26 am »

It will be used (actually the existing textures in OT are Kelvin's work), but exactly how depends on the evolution of terrain texturing system. Currently the colors are determined by biomes & color map, and ground textures are now encoded as differential YUV textures, as you can see for yourself in textures/terrain/ground/##y.dds files. That's because they have to work in procedural colorizer that combines land colors with detail textures. Therefore Kelvin's textures no longer work directly and have to be preprocessed using a special filter.

Once the underlying system is stable, it will be possible to use custom texture sets and have modifications local.

HiFlyer

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 01:15:45 pm »

It will be used (actually the existing textures in OT are Kelvin's work), but exactly how depends on the evolution of terrain texturing system. Currently the colors are determined by biomes & color map, and ground textures are now encoded as differential YUV textures, as you can see for yourself in textures/terrain/ground/##y.dds files. That's because they have to work in procedural colorizer that combines land colors with detail textures. Therefore Kelvin's textures no longer work directly and have to be preprocessed using a special filter.

Once the underlying system is stable, it will be possible to use custom texture sets and have modifications local.

Cool! I had mentioned the grass colors in another thread, and the latest release showed a lot of improvement.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 [2]