• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Abuse
« on: January 01, 2011, 04:26:34 pm »

(split from here)

Quote from: cameni
will bring a real life unhappiness to some :)

:) ? ... You depraved bastard!

I just thought of something.. Road abuse.  Can you write giant swear words with the road tool? All be it in a very fancy script font.

This is why I get paid the big bucks.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Abuse
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 04:49:24 pm »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
:) ? ... You depraved bastard!
Buahahaa :mad:

I just thought of something.. Road abuse.  Can you write giant swear words with the road tool? All be it in a very fancy script font.
With the road tool? I guess so .. if they place way points that way.
Funny, it never occurred to me that albeit comes from "all be it" :)

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
Abuse
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 06:03:18 pm »

Quote from: Cameni
With the road tool? I guess so .. if they place way points that way.

A perfect need for a "Report Abuse" option to the development team, with Latitude/Longitude of the violation.  Although I think people could police themselves on this in some fashion.

Hmm, speaking of police, an "abuse violator," upon guilt, will have his character locked up in prison for no less than 30-days :D  Whenever he logs in, he sees a 3x2 jail cell, and can't get out.  His "voice" will only travel a few meters, so he won't cry havoc into a chat channel (can't even talk on a public channel).  And every day there is a tray of bread and water placed on a table in his cell.

Repeated offenses could offer the ultimate punishment: Death by pixelation.  The next time he logs in, he gets transported into an execution chamber, where he watches himself be reduced to pixels that shatter to the floor.  His account is permanently deleted, and his stuff goes up for public auction.

Can I be the executioner to pull the switch?!?  :cool:  :lol:
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Abuse
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:31:11 pm »

Quote from: cshawnsmith
Can I be the executioner to pull the switch?!?  :cool:  :lol:
Executioner, what a clean job. When I imagine that someone will actually have to handle all those silly reports - there's an ugly word in the sand, image of a prophet in the grass ..  :rolleyes:

C. Shawn Smith

Abuse
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 06:56:29 pm »

I don't remember the details, but my family once knew someone (now retired) who HAD that job.  He never spoke about it unless he was drunk.  Dealing with animals in my previous job (yes, I had to end a few animal lives :( and it was never easy) was hard enough.

You'll have to have some CSR's to deal with that stuff, even if just volunteers.  They can monitor one another's activities, especially if there is a CSR Bible with the 10 Outerra Commandments (Thou shalt not inhibit another person's enjoyment of the game; Thou shalt not commit pixelation without a fair trial; Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's resources; Thou shalt not cheat or abuse your powers; etc).  And should any of the CSRs violate the commandments, maybe you can create a special "interior place" deep below Outerra, where the CSR will rot in fire and brimstone for all eternity.  Hmm, imagine a procedurally generated Hell ... I think we have Outerra's next project after this engine is finished  :lol:  "Outerra: Paradise Lost" or "Outerra: Dante's Inferno."

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Abuse
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 05:16:49 am »

Ah, you mean a real executioner you've got out there in the states .. that's nasty stuff indeed.

I'm a libertarian myself, and there's not a bit of idealistic believer in me too, so I know that if there should be a certain order being kept in the game, it must be constrained by the mechanisms of the game itself and no commandments will help.

Ideally, the game should allow the communities to evolve their own moral rules and punishments, and to fight with other groups over them. An organized society is an evolutionary advantage, in the end the game will be dominated by zealots anyway :D

C. Shawn Smith

Abuse
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 12:14:15 pm »

Quote from: Cameni
I'm a libertarian myself,

I'm a typical, free-spirited anarchist :D.  I don't like rules, etc, but understand the safeguards that have to be done in games.  I like the idea of evolving society ... could lead to some really interesting ideas for ... some of the other stuff we talked about :)