Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: GTA IV Models *Suspended  (Read 26597 times)

M7

Re: GTA IV Models *Updated on February 24, 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 04:07:13 pm »

its Murkz's tiger

HiFlyer

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »

I had some fun playing around, but the placement tools are really kind of coarse, in that fine, precise placement of multiple buildings (up into the hundreds or thousands along with streets, driveways, etc) would be a monumental and very tedious task

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:31:44 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 05:36:14 pm »

What a tiny little Panzer.  :D
Actually, the empire state building is a little bigger than it should. I'll fix it, but also I'll add reflections on the windows when a have some free time.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 06:32:41 pm »

Pago.. I have this image http://i2.minus.com/iOWm6rClTgt07.jpg in my collection and don't know who posted it or when. You are the guy to talk to about military vehicles was this yours?

... that would be some 1+ year ago ( http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1337.msg19356#msg19356 ) just as you got the hearth-attack it seems. Think you planned to kill some people for getting ya hands on it too ( http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1723.msg19206#msg19206 ). :D  Doe, would be nice to see something new about the SdKfz 234 (WWII german 8-wheel transporter shown a whiiiiiiiiile back) or the scenery project too. Im sure those guys still work a little on them in free time piece by piece like the Germans on the Focke-Wulf ...

P.S.: --  Doesnt seem too much off scale. Nice work (hope GTA guys dont mind) importing those ! Reflections are neat, cant wait to see a all-glass building at dawn whyte environment reflections on them there. For the placement, maybe Cameni has something in store for it when vector-data road placement will be on turn.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:40:28 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Mottomi

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 01:48:17 am »

Nice! I really like the fidelity of the models!
Btw, have you ever thought of importing models from Google Sketchup's 3D warehouse? That's my source of models for my recreation of GMU and Atlantic City. And since most of the buildings were used in Google Earth, they are already to scale :D

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 03:16:04 am »

Nice! I really like the fidelity of the models!
Btw, have you ever thought of importing models from Google Sketchup's 3D warehouse? That's my source of models for my recreation of GMU and Atlantic City. And since most of the buildings were used in Google Earth, they are already to scale :D
Hi!
To be honest, i don't really like the models from Google Sketchup's 3D warehouse, how to say it... they aren't professionally modelled, and the textures neither, not really High fidelity on there. And about the scale, i don't have any trouble with the scale anymore, all the models imported from GTA IV are at the same and right scale and i don't have to scale them manually.

SpaceFlight

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 04:59:06 am »

The GTA models are looking great!

I had some fun playing around, but the placement tools are really kind of coarse, in that fine, precise placement of multiple buildings (up into the hundreds or thousands along with streets, driveways, etc) would be a monumental and very tedious task

Do you know by chance what the average frame rate is with that many buildings on your system?
I have been trying recently to bring OT to a crawl by placing hundreds of mercenaries on a small area.
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 10:04:54 am »

Deliberately trying to hurt our baby. Bastard.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

foxfiles

• Reality is merely an illusion
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 10:12:52 am »

:D but he is right in asking this question, sooner or later, we will want to "approach" as much as possible the realistic modern world with many man made stuff...
I cannot imagine a flight simulator without flying over villages, medium and gigantic cities...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - A. Einstein

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »

:D but he is right in asking this question, sooner or later, we will want to "approach" as much as possible the realistic modern world with many man made stuff...
I cannot imagine a flight simulator without flying over villages, medium and gigantic cities...

... dental sticks (or chips) ... thousands in a pack scattered around the ground .... Hundred thousand of those packages ... and people, kicking them around ... WE NEED !  ;D  ;D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 01:10:45 am »

I have been playing with the different textures (roughness, reflectance...) on a test model today. Then i looked back at your model of the ESB i saw that it could use a roughness texture for the windows. So i just made a quick roughness texture from ns_empire_window01.dds (top left corner of the pic) and i set the roughness to 0.9. I left a couple of rows of windows as they were so you can see the difference. It makes quite a difference when there's a reflection.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 02:12:58 am »

I have been playing with the different textures (roughness, reflectance...) on a test model today. Then i looked back at your model of the ESB i saw that it could use a roughness texture for the windows. So i just made a quick roughness texture from ns_empire_window01.dds (top left corner of the pic) and i set the roughness to 0.9. I left a couple of rows of windows as they were so you can see the difference. It makes quite a difference when there's a reflection.

It definitely looks way better if there's a rougness texture. Note that the first four models(Empire State Bulding; mmHotel; dStore; nypSkip) posted here, where imported from blender which i used them in Unity 3D few years ago, so they had no specularity map or/and normal map applied (except nypSkip that it has normal maps). And that's why i'll re-import them, but also because of their scale, are a bit larger/bigger than they should. So i'll use the original spec (rougness) maps and normal maps, to avoid having to create those textures by hand.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:41:41 am by Levi »

M7

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 10:36:21 am »

It shouldnt be too much work. All you need to draw is the countour of the window (on a layer), then invert and tone down the original texture image. In this one i add contrast in the inverted image to make reflection texture in the concrete more apparent. Also for the frosty window i just made it more gray than for the clear window (which are black in the roughness texture). Dont think you need normal maps for these one. Again here, to have this effect, roughness have to be set around 0.9

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:39:27 am by M7 »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 01:05:39 pm »

Everything here is sexy.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 03:52:03 am »

It shouldnt be too much work. All you need to draw is the countour of the window (on a layer), then invert and tone down the original texture image. In this one i add contrast in the inverted image to make reflection texture in the concrete more apparent. Also for the frosty window i just made it more gray than for the clear window (which are black in the roughness texture). Dont think you need normal maps for these one. Again here, to have this effect, roughness have to be set around 0.9

Hi M7!
Yay! What you did there looks much better. I already made some textures with the windows black and the rest totally white, but about adding tone and contrast to the inverted image, i was far away :D and yes, I probably don't need normal maps there. Thanks for the tips M7, because I'm not an expert and much less on creating textures :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3