Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: OPX Buildings  (Read 6063 times)

DeanosBeano

OPX Buildings
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:50:36 pm »

Hi All

A good chap called Opteryx a terrain and addon maker from a game i used to play and hobby with , allowed me to port some buildings to Outerra.
 I am hoping when they are all in i can release to the public , there are many buildings and walls and here is a quick test of 3  of the many , hope you like

OPX Buildings Afghan/ Desert themed structures

HiFlyer

Re: OPX Buildings
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:09:02 pm »

Hi All

A good chap called Opteryx a terrain and addon maker from a game i used to play and hobby with , allowed me to port some buildings to Outerra.
 I am hoping when they are all in i can release to the public , there are many buildings and walls and here is a quick test of 3  of the many , hope you like

OPX Buildings Afghan/ Desert themed structures

Looks great!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 05:21:16 pm »

[Delete].... wait a minute... why am I forgetting where the delete post button is... There is one right?  :-[
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:42:25 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

DeanosBeano

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 05:55:45 pm »

Haha why would you want to delete the TIP ?
 let me know again what you said i came back to check it out , it wasnt my intention to make a neat road just a little scene to test the buildings  but  when i saw your tip i thought its worth knowing ;)
Anyway i did a couple more conversions  , i think before i go further i work on environment tecture etc
PS at time of posting Youtube is being a dick , it should go 720 P at some point
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:57:45 pm by DeanosBeano »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 08:12:43 pm »

Oh, you saw it.  I was gonna delete it because I realized that, yes, it does make the last segment invisible (or grassy or whatever surface it's on), however, it still does not align the ground with the end of the last segment.  It was something I had asked Cameni about a while ago and he mentioned trying that, which I never followed up on, but it doesn't quite do what I'd like it to.  Want to get rid of the kink in the ground at the end of roads on slopes... Well... Easier than working around it, which I guess is generally doable I think, just not as easy as the process should be.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

DeanosBeano

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 10:15:18 am »

Any body know how to create a text document  for placement of objects that the engine can read ?
 i see the .bix files but they are Binarised or something.
 i want to place a town via pre defined co-ordinates , i have the placements from another programme and need to tranlate these and then put toi  outerra co-ords.

cheers in advance 

chrisb

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 05:08:46 pm »

I always liked OPX buildings, placed and used many for our groups missions (while ago now). Hope things like this and others here on the forums formulate into something great, sim wise..