Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: I'm a noob to modding. How do I get started?  (Read 2697 times)

thesuldani

• A New Modder
I'm a noob to modding. How do I get started?
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:42:45 pm »

Hullo,

I've been eyeing Outerra for a while now and I am going to purchase it soon. I have also been looking around on this forum and on the reddit but I have experienced quite a few difficulties when trying to understand how to mod or create a new working vehicle or something like that. So, I was wondering if you, the lovely modders of Outerra, could help me out. Keep in mind, I am completely new. I would like to know

1. What programs do I need?

2. How do I use those programs?

3. How do I create a functioning air plane, texture it, and put it in game? etc etc..

Also, anything that you guys were struggling with at the beginning, I'll probably be struggling with that too  :P So really, anything that you think will help probably will.

Thanks!
"The thing about quotes nowadays is that you will never know their legitimacy due to the internet." - Abraham Licoln

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: I'm a noob to modding. How do I get started?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 01:28:23 am »

Well ... pretty much all was already sucesfully tryed - Blender, 3DSMax, SketchUp - i would try blender if youre a newby at 3D modelling and go first trough some toutrials on Youtube ... i would leave the importing part till you got some modeling skills. Doe, there where a few posts about importing already, i try to get them links here ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.