Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Orcas in pack  (Read 18489 times)

andfly

Orcas in pack
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:01:14 pm »

From today (1 December 2015) this model is up and running again.
 To use it you have to download it again.

Here is the evolution of the good old Orca!
This new ORCA MSA (Master, Slave, Auto) can be used in three ways.

Single mode:
The orca can swim, dive deep, jump on the water and do some acrobatics.
For the complete list of possible commands read the file Readme_Orca_MSA.js that is located in the  ... /Outerra/pakages/andfly/ORCA_MS/Help created at unpacking the file "OTX" installation.
(The file extension ".js" because only in this way is included in the package "OTX", but it is a simple text file that should be renamed immediately with the extension "txt" to avoid confusion in future.)

MASTER-SLAVE mode:
If you enter in the scene other instances of the same model ORCA Master Slave Auto, the latest orca, with the user control and that responds to keyboard commands, you Auto-recognizes as: ORCA-MASTER and has the power to continually enter its coordinates in a group of common variables, specially prepared.
All other orcas are Auto-recognize as: ORCA-SLAVE and have the task of going to review the coordinates entered by ORCA MASTER and head in that direction.
In this way the pack of orcas remains compact and follows the killer whale controlled by the user in all His paths.

AUTO mode:
If you leave to itself the last orca (pressing ENTER) the pack becomes fully self and starts working the Auto mode.
In this mode the program itself which in turn elects an item as Master for a few seconds and then change it with another (always chosen at random) and so on and continuously.
At this point you can observe the movements of the pack that, respecting some basic parameters, the rest are absolutely random.
You can even take a boat and, lounging on the deck , with sunglasses and a cool drink in hand, chase the pack of orcas in the sea of Anteworld and enjoy their evolutions.

Have fun!

To Download the ORCA MSA:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgY3BWZDE2YWxJR1k/view?usp=sharing

A short video:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:01:14 pm by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

HiFlyer

Re: Orcas in pack
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 08:32:30 pm »

Hahahahahahahahah!!!!

You gotta love the creativity.  ;D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 03:56:59 am »

Wow, this is awesome! :o You just created some kind of artificial intelligence!

Keep up the good work man, you're a very creative person andfly! ;)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 10:43:50 am »

Outerra is alive! Kudos!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

andfly

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:37:12 pm »

Hahahahahahahahah!!!!

You gotta love the creativity.  ;D
Or , maybe , I'm just a hopeless romantic dreamer ....
I hope at least to arouse a little curiosity about the enormous potential to have a whole world still virgin and open to all the possibilities of the wildest imagination ...

Thanks HiFlyer    ;D
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 01:40:37 pm »

Well ... artificial intelligence and a little too ...
I realized that global variables are declared only once with the event init_chassis and are therefore common to all instances of the same model.
This is very handy for passing parameters between the various copies present in the scene and, with a little imagination, you can create a pack that interacts movements.

Thanks Levi, I greatly appreciate your a compliment.  :)

andfly

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 01:45:17 pm »

Outerra is alive! Kudos!
A when a fishing trip on Chapala Lake , repopulated of its fish ( white fish ... no orcas ! ) ??
Stand ready rod and reel virtual ... you never know!   ;D

M7

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »

Quite a feat to have a model interact with another.

Now we need wolf pack in the similar fashion :-)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 02:07:57 pm »

Well ... artificial intelligence and a little too ...
I realized that global variables are declared only once with the event init_chassis and are therefore common to all instances of the same model.
This is very handy for passing parameters between the various copies present in the scene and, with a little imagination, you can create a pack that interacts movements.

Thanks Levi, I greatly appreciate your a compliment.  :)
Aham..., that makes sense! I guess something similar could be possibly done with ground vehicles as well, isn't it? Would be very nice to have a car/truck following you anywhere you go. :D

bomber

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 02:59:11 pm »

I read somewhere about 'flocking' logic.... It's very simple.. Afterall birds are not rocket scientists

It's something like 4 simple rules..

1) follow you nearest fellow
2) never get further away than x
3) never get nearer than y

I think that's it or tho there might be a fourth rule.

Could something like this be knocked up?

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

aWac9

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »

The yacht is a beautiful woman.
How many women like her, you could put together on a deserted beach bathing?
 :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:21:04 pm by aWac9 »

andfly

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 06:10:19 am »

Quite a feat to have a model interact with another.

Now we need wolf pack in the similar fashion :-)
Thanks M7.
Unfortunately, the interaction is limited to instances of the same model because there is something (shared variables) they have in common.
To interact with any model you should know how to refer to the database that Outerra stores the locations of the subjects  dynamic ...

Wolves ....
First it should be capable of animating a wolf so plausible ...
And then there is, most obviously, the problem of the graphics.
A fish is still "fusiform" and even cut into pieces and made to move with a sinusoidal function, it may be quite enjoyable (trying not to dwell too much on the divisions that are still visible).
For a land animal with head, teeth, ears, feet, tail etc. etc .. maybe we should be able to import real animations created previously with a 3D drawing program, as was done with the character of the mercenary ......

andfly

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 06:16:28 am »

Aham..., that makes sense! I guess something similar could be possibly done with ground vehicles as well, isn't it? Would be very nice to have a car/truck following you anywhere you go. :D
True!
Is a special feature of the physics of the vehicles that may be useful and applicable to cars and trucks!

andfly

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 06:20:43 am »

I read somewhere about 'flocking' logic.... It's very simple.. Afterall birds are not rocket scientists

It's something like 4 simple rules..

1) follow you nearest fellow
2) never get further away than x
3) never get nearer than y

I think that's it or tho there might be a fourth rule.

Could something like this be knocked up?
Well, actually I had not raised the issue because in the sea, even touching, you are not likely to fall in screwing.
In the interaction between flying models are right, you have to judge distances.

andfly

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 06:39:40 am »

The yacht is a beautiful woman.
How many women like her, you could put together on a deserted beach bathing?
 :P
Ok well ... We share all good friends ... but not THAT woman on that yacht .. ;D
Tempting to enjoy the beaches deserted in good company and maybe fill the beaches of swimmers (you might gain something with boat trips), but be careful: then came the sellers of souvenir , of beach games, of carpet ...
And then the ice cream and soft drinks and hot dogs ....
Oh yes .... good times when Anteworld was a world a little 'empty but quiet, magnificent in its majesty, romantic in its desolation , absolutely gorgeous in its grandeur!