Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Rocket Man  (Read 33459 times)

andfly

Rocket Man
« on: July 11, 2015, 07:07:02 pm »

November 2015   New version: Rocket Man 2.0

(Correct normalization of the axes, set the current lights, converted for the use of the new extended commands)

Downloads: ( the usual )
Rocket Man:         https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgQ083MGVrOWQzRXc/view?usp=sharing
Rocket Woman:    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgZld6M05YU3p5Tmc/view?usp=sharing

New Video:

ORIGINAL POST (July 2015)
The model that I present this time is really something a little exotic and hopefully awake the interest of fans of extreme flight,
brought to the limits of the ability to drive.

It requires a certain learning time and the setting of additional keys control.
It is essential to read the user Manual, that is located in the "Help" directory, and a little patience to store commands and their effects on flight.

But ... once you get a grasp ... I think (and hope ..) is able to give great satisfaction.

I would be very grateful to those who communicated his impressions, criticisms, suggestions for improvement and any errors found.
(Spare me alone, please, on the aesthetic criticism ...      I know, in 3D design are still a beginner and I do envy the huge work of Levi, the review of AH-64 of KW71 and all other excellent achievements in the forum:      I will learn ... I will study and learn !!).

The hope is the same:      Have Fun and Happy Flight !!!

To download Rocket Man:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgQ083MGVrOWQzRXc/view?usp=sharing

If you want to try a little tandem flight .... download Rocket Woman:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgZld6M05YU3p5Tmc/view?usp=sharing

A video presentation:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:10:26 pm by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: Rocket Man
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 12:23:53 am »

It's fun !! Thank You !!

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 04:57:00 am »

Nice EVA pack :)

aWac9

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 05:39:27 am »

good job andfly
You can add these spacesuits?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 06:21:04 am »

Great litle thing ! ....

P.S.: If requests are in mind, than remember, there is only ONE spacesuit meeting the Planetary Reentry Safety Standards ...  sadly, i newer saw him using any zero-gravity space movement nozzles. Just legs and arms.  =D

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 07:11:11 am »

Great job Andrea, another unique exploration vehicle!

At first I thought it was using JSBSim, but it's actually a "land" vehicle!

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 01:05:46 pm »

Very interesting ... it still falls the...

"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

andfly

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 09:18:40 pm »

It's fun !! Thank You !!

Thanks KW71,
If for some other manufacturer of models  the word "fun" might seem to diminish the cosider for a job that required time and application, for me is the best compliment you could get me!
I care very much that my models are "fun".
Beyond the technical considerations and the absolute respect of the parameters "real", I think it's much more important to convey a sense of "realism" enough to create excitement and fun.
Thanks again.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 09:20:24 pm »

Nice EVA pack :)

Thanks Acetone,

But this is primarily a vehicle for the exploration of Anteworld !
For his appearance may seem a "EVA Pack" but that is not its primary purpose.
Moreover, for now, there is much more to explore the mountains, valleys and plains ....
Besides the atmosphere is still very little stuff ....
(For the moment !!!).

andfly

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 09:23:56 pm »

good job andfly
You can add these spacesuits?

And how !!

And who she is able to draw such a thing?

However, if it starts to become populated also the extra-tmospheric Anteworld, you will need to start thinking about it seriously ...
The internet world is full of beautiful free templates for personal use ... it's just get permits for the conversion of Outerra ....

Thanks aWac9

andfly

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 09:32:51 pm »

Great litle thing ! ....

P.S.: If requests are in mind, than remember, there is only ONE spacesuit meeting the Planetary Reentry Safety Standards ...  sadly, i newer saw him using any zero-gravity space movement nozzles. Just legs and arms.  =D

Thanks PytonPago.
The problem of return in planetary atmosphere, with a space suit, I have not seen because I solved with a stratagem that unfortunately will horrify the purists of the computer simulation!

A vehicle like this is much more than the current technology and then: .... exaggerate !!!

I imagined that it would produce a kind of spherical force field around the vehicle that isolates the rider from all deadly effects of the external environment.
Protection from friction with the atmosphere, the cosmic void, the exaggerated effects "g", by rending effects of inertia at each abrupt acceleration or braking, the too hot and too cold ...
It was comfortable, moreover, because the vehicle is presented (the aerodynamic calculations) always spherical and eliminates the need to calculate the interaction with the atmosphere (as do jsbsim would know, I have not used for this model).

When Anteworld will expand into space, these "tricks too comfortable" will be abandoned.
But for now ....... =D

andfly

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 09:43:36 pm »

Great job Andrea, another unique exploration vehicle!

At first I thought it was using JSBSim, but it's actually a "land" vehicle!

Thank you very much Levi. :)

I spent weeks struggling with JSBSim to get a model of efficient flight for Rocket Man because it seemed more logical, for a flying model, use an environment that knew manage interactions aerodynamic ...
No way ... the balancing of the masses and especially the values ​​of inertia in all axes, whether in a model fitted with wings can also be slightly approximated, in a model like this, a very precarious balance, must be set with absolute care.
And then the forces of the main engine and Jet RCS, everything is calculated with precision ...
After continuous crash and strange and inexplicable (to me) drifts in the air, I am discouraged and I started to work on the SUB SPHERE (and so I was forced to deepen the use of the Bullet Physics, running vehicles).
It was a revelation!
Bullet physics, which first considered as "less powerful" and "nearly approximate" because it must manage interactions "simpler" (while JSBSim appeared to me as a representative of the elite programs of simulation), proved to be a power and a loyalty that I did not expect!
So I started the project of Rocket Man and I tried, for curiosity, to set it to use the Bullet physics ....
It works !!   It works very well !!!
Plus I got a huge advantage working exclusively within the script!
I am not an aeronautical engineer, I am a lover of matter, and when I set the values ​​in my programs I choose data that seem right but which are not absolutely sure.
Then check on the operation and, if I find flaws, I begin to change the numerical values ​​inserted at the beginning, until you find the values ​​that work best from the point of view of the yield of "realism" that I want to achieve.
With the Bullet Physics can do so while remaining within Outerra: I change the script, I trigger the reload and see the result immediately.
With JSBSim is a tragedy .....
You have to get out of Outerra, load the XML file that describes the FDM model, change the numerical value (although only very slightly), save the file, return to Outerra, reload the model, start it and see the result (almost I never wanted to!).
I recommend with great enthusiasm to the study and use of the Bullet Physics to all creators of models that do not have the need to calculate the aerodynamic interactions with the atmosphere (for vehicles is pretty obvious but for those who want to build models for space might seem less obvious), his faithfulness to reality is high and its ease of use is priceless !!!
I regret only, of JSBSim, the ease with which we get the flight data (attitude, orientation, altitude, speed ... and a host of other useful data) that would otherwise be calculated by yourself, starting from the raw data of positioning and rotation of the ECEF model coordinate.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 09:45:43 pm »

It's fun !! Thank You !!

Thanks KW71,
If for some other manufacturer of models  the word "fun" might seem to diminish the cosider for a job that required time and application, for me is the best compliment you could get me!
Beyond the technical considerations and the absolute respect of the parameters "real", I think it's much more important to convey a sense of "realism" enough to create excitement and fun.
Thanks again.

Oh, I feel very sorry!  I never meant to  diminish your work at all!

In spanish (at least in México -or at least in my region; México is pretty big-) if you say something is "divertido" = fun, is a really good thing.

- ¿Cómo estuvo la película?
- ¡Muy divertida!
- ¡Excelente!... Iré a verla pronto.

- How was the movie?
- Really fun.
- Excellent!... I'll go to see it soon.

Is easy to create misunderstandings when you speak with people in your native language... Imagine in a foreign one!

I apologize once again...

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

andfly

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 10:18:54 pm »

It's fun !! Thank You !!

Thanks KW71,
Thanks again.

Oh, I feel very sorry!  I never meant to  diminish your work at all!

In spanish (at least in México -or at least in my region; México is pretty big-) if you say something is "divertido" = fun, is a really good thing.

- ¿Cómo estuvo la película?
- ¡Muy divertida!
- ¡Excelente!... Iré a verla pronto.

- How was the movie?
- Really fun.
- Excellent!... I'll go to see it soon.

Is easy to create misunderstandings when you speak with people in your native language... Imagine in a foreign one!

I apologize once again...

Oh no .. no ...
It is I who must apologize!   :-[
I reread my post and, indeed, could be interpreted with a subtle sense of irony .... That was not my intention !!
I realized that the word "fun" was used in "good sense".
In fact, I really wanted to "catch on the fly" your words to repeat that, for me, is more important to excite, engage and convey an emotion rather than be strictly faithful to reality !!
And then languages have very different methods of interpretation ......

However: Everything OK, really: No problem !!!

I thoroughly enjoyed your fast post but, really, no problem !!!   :) :) :)

andfly

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 10:26:02 pm »

Very interesting ... it still falls the...

Well .... there is no comparison!
Rocket Man will never give the emotions he feels Jetman!
But simply giving an emotion, even smaller, and the work ( for me) is successful !
Pages: [1] 2 3