Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo  (Read 946691 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2012, 09:34:56 am »

It records videos in YOG format. YOG was designed to not affect the performance much, but the videos are quite large. After capturing you'll need to convert them to other known formats using these tools (from this page about YOG).

F8 captures screenshots. Screenshots and videos are captured to your data directory by default, you can change the paths by editing eng.cfg

[deleted]

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2012, 09:38:28 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:02:33 pm by secret1962 »

Oldtown

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2012, 09:49:01 am »

It records videos in YOG format. YOG was designed to not affect the performance much, but the videos are quite large. After capturing you'll need to convert them to other known formats using these tools (from this page about YOG).

F8 captures screenshots. Screenshots and videos are captured to your data directory by default, you can change the paths by editing eng.cfg

Thx for the Info ...

I was looking a little bit in the folder structure and saw many nice things ... scripts for B737, F16, T34 (Tank I think) ...
One more Question I got ... can I edit the Texture for the 8x Wheeler (dont know the Name of this vehicle) without getting any problems with the engine?

Thx for your great support ... I know its weekend but you're doing great things here!

[deleted]

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2012, 10:00:49 am »

In the future will we able to make vehicles with blender or what programm ?

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2012, 10:33:25 am »

In the future? we are able TODAY to make vehicles in blender like a boss. Blender has an excellent collada-exporter. The japanese buildings in the demo were made 100% in blender. We just have to wait for the possibility to import new models into the game. Ok, its just that easy for static objects. I dont know like it is for dynamic objects. But i'm sure thats possible.

[deleted]

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2012, 11:08:37 am »

In the future? we are able TODAY to make vehicles in blender like a boss. Blender has an excellent collada-exporter. The japanese buildings in the demo were made 100% in blender. We just have to wait for the possibility to import new models into the game. Ok, its just that easy for static objects. I dont know like it is for dynamic objects. But i'm sure thats possible.

We have to wait = IN THE FUTURE LOL.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2012, 11:49:35 am »

I was looking a little bit in the folder structure and saw many nice things ... scripts for B737, F16, T34 (Tank I think) ...
One more Question I got ... can I edit the Texture for the 8x Wheeler (dont know the Name of this vehicle) without getting any problems with the engine?
The truck's derived from Tatra T817. I'm not sure you will be able to edit the textures, as they are using an extension from DX10 and almost no editor recognizes it. We will be changing it to normal DDS format, just to make the modding easier.

vince.krane

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2012, 11:55:23 am »

Thanks for the test of anteworld , it's cool.
I make a little video of a visualisation problem: abrupt appearance of trees on the mountain.

https://sites.google.com/site/testanteworld/

Epicmokies

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2012, 12:01:05 pm »

I'm getting a pretty bad case of the blurrys, but when i look directly down then up again the small area around me is fully loaded. Running the 285.62 Nvidia driver.
I can post screenshot if wanted.
CPU: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.7GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 Kingston
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
Videocard: MSI N560TI-Hawk
HDDs: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
PSU: Corsair TX650
Monitor: BenQ E2200HD + Chimei CMC 22 W

colinhect

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2012, 12:02:00 pm »

I've been following this project for quite some time and it is awesome to finally see it first-hand.  Great work.

Is there a way to change the FOV in the cfg?  I find the default way too narrow.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2012, 12:12:42 pm »

Thanks for the test of anteworld , it's cool.
I make a little video of a visualisation problem: abrupt appearance of trees on the mountain.

https://sites.google.com/site/testanteworld/
Boost the terrain quality to 720p.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2012, 12:13:52 pm »

I'm getting a pretty bad case of the blurrys, but when i look directly down then up again the small area around me is fully loaded. Running the 285.62 Nvidia driver.
Do you have anisotropic textures disabled in the driver? That will give you one hell of blurriness in OT.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »

Is there a way to change the FOV in the cfg?  I find the default way too narrow.
Um, I think FOV isn't exposed in the cfg, yet - I'm making a note to get it there.

Epicmokies

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2012, 12:26:15 pm »

Do you have anisotropic textures disabled in the driver? That will give you one hell of blurriness in OT.

Anisotropic textures is on, and ive tested 2x through to 16x manually with no avail.
CPU: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.7GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 Kingston
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
Videocard: MSI N560TI-Hawk
HDDs: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
PSU: Corsair TX650
Monitor: BenQ E2200HD + Chimei CMC 22 W

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2012, 12:29:31 pm »

Anisotropic textures is on, and ive tested 2x through to 16x manually with no avail.
Please upload a screenshot. Btw did you try to adjust the terrain quality in settings? That can affects blurriness as well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36