Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51

Author Topic: Graphics driver issues, startup problems (32 bit)  (Read 510750 times)

mikkl

Re: Graphics driver issues, startup problems
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2012, 07:54:23 am »

Nope, their internal drivers already get farther past the error you are getting, but there's still a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed there before it becomes usable.

I updated my driver to 15.28.2.64.2817 and the error message is gone. In fact this is the first time I see a picture but there is no response.

Some progress at least. No black screen and no error message.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2012, 08:54:24 am »

There still may be some error messages in the eng.log

mikkl

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2012, 09:07:46 am »

I have attached the log.

mikkl

« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2012, 11:29:44 am »

Did you found something wrong in it?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2012, 11:45:08 am »

Well it deadlocks on GL sync mechanisms, which was one of the bugs that was found by us and Intel GL devs already. The public driver is obviously older than the one they are using internally, where a couple more bugs were fixed.

There's no point in trying to find the solution here since we are working directly with them, as soon as the drivers start working we will put up a notice about it. But as I said, there's a lot of issues there that are hard to debug, so it will take a while.

eisenopferd

Eyefinity resolution
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2012, 09:19:56 am »

Hi There,
its my first post here. I´ve a simulation cockpit with a AMD 6950 and a 5x1 Eyefinity Group (6400x1024). AMD Driver 12.8 / win7/32
I only can set a screen resolution up to 1280x1024. Do I have to set somethin in a ini-file to be able to use other resolutions?
I have 2 grafic cards active but the 6950 is the main screen. Is this a problem?

Thanks
i5 2400 ; AMD 6950 Eyefinity6
i3 4160 ; intel 4400

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2012, 09:25:43 am »

I have no experience with Eyefinity, but those resolutions are what is reported to us as available. Maybe something needs to be set in the control panel for the driver to expose it to OpenGL programs?

But you can try to edit eng.cfg (in your outerra data dir) and set the desired resolution there.

eisenopferd

« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2012, 09:27:53 am »

Thanks. I will try and report
i3 4160 ; intel 4400

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2012, 09:43:52 am »

I have no experience with Eyefinity,

I think you need to have a few of those around the office.. To help make the coding faster.... Great Excuse.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

eisenopferd

« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2012, 02:22:20 am »

I have no experience with Eyefinity, but those resolutions are what is reported to us as available. Maybe something needs to be set in the control panel for the driver to expose it to OpenGL programs?

But you can try to edit eng.cfg (in your outerra data dir) and set the desired resolution there.

Yes ist works. After editing the eng.cfg file the resolution is used, fullscreen or window.
But when I go in grafic settings it is resetted.

It cant be a problem with the driver because x-plane uses opengl too and is offering the possible resolution in the grafic settings.

Another question: Is it possible to synchronize 2 running outerra pc`s and uns one only to display the instruments of the plane?
i3 4160 ; intel 4400

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2012, 03:17:56 am »

There are two sources of possible resolutions list - from OpenGL and from Windows. AFAIK we are using the one from Windows now.
Does it reset? That's a bug, current resolution is normally added to the list.

Is it possible to synchronize 2 running outerra pc`s and uns one only to display the instruments of the plane?
Not yet but it's going to be developed in near future for other projects running Outerra. Another supported option will be separate frustums rendered on the same machine.

Another relevant thing, looking at your setup, is going to be the spherical and cylindrical projection.

eisenopferd

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2012, 03:46:20 am »

There are two sources of possible resolutions list - from OpenGL and from Windows. AFAIK we are using the one from Windows now.
Does it reset? That's a bug, current resolution is normally added to the list.
Yes. I only have to go into the grafic settings and without changing anything the resolution is resetted to 640x480 at the next start.

Is it possible to synchronize 2 running outerra pc`s and uns one only to display the instruments of the plane?
Not yet but it's going to be developed in near future for other projects running Outerra. Another supported option will be separate frustums rendered on the same machine.

Another relevant thing, looking at your setup, is going to be the spherical and cylindrical projection.

Do I understand this right? Another frustum or view-window at the same pc? This would be perfect.
I dont use a projector displaying at a curved screen, so its not necessary to correct any dissortion.
But normaly 3d programs are displaying a flat picture like looking through a window frame. Is This right?
In my setup I`m bending this single 6720x1024 picture around my viewpoint. So I allways get dissortions at the wide ends of the picture. The dissortions will rise wenn the viewing angle will get bigger.

The perfect solution would be to display a surrounding view like a panoramic picture over 180° or more. Is this possible?

The other solution could be to display 5 frustums (I hope I understand this thing right) looking in 5 different directions (0°, -45°, -90°, 45°, 90°)
In professional sims this feature is used but with many seperate pc`s.

But let me make this clear: The image of outerra in this setup looks great!

/Hendrik/
i3 4160 ; intel 4400

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2012, 04:19:54 am »

Well, your display setup is approximating a cylindrical projection, so when you use the (future) cylindrical projection option you will get rid of the distortion, as long as your FOV is set up correctly. At the moment the software doesn't know anything about your physical setup, and by default it expects that your picture is on a flat wall with given FOV. From that discrepancy (mismatched FOV and physical vs. rendered display geometry) arises the distortion.

Cylindrical projection (or surround view as you call it) can be used to approximate your piecewise-curved display, it will be more effective than 5 frustums. Separate frustums are more suitable where you really need separate cameras/views, because these may be overlapping or with gaps and thus generally require a separate rendering pass. Whereas a curved projection can do with just one rendering pass.

eisenopferd

« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38:53 am »

Hi Cameni,

just to make it claer. I had this discussion with the X-Plane Guys too. When I use a projector (made for a flat surface) shining on a curved screen this will result in disortions which has to be corrected. This correction is build in in X-Plane. But the rendering inside is still a flat image and only 179° fov is possible.

With cylindrical projection (inside the rendering) it should be possible to display a 360° view on one single output window. Is this correct? And you will try to implement this in outerra???
This is big stuff...

/Hendrik/
i3 4160 ; intel 4400

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2012, 06:02:34 am »

Yes, we will have cylindrical/spherical projection with that capability in OT. Just to explain (also for others) - this thing can be handled on two levels: as an image post-processing effect that re-projects a flat-wall image to a curved surface, or a direct projection of geometry to a curved surface.

The former is limited to <180° because one simply can't project 180° or more on a flat surface to start with, and it also loses information due to picture compression. The latter operates directly in the geometry projection stage, and it can achieve angles greater than 180° (even complete 360° with special handling) without information loss. But it also has some disadvantages: the hardware rasterizer is still linear, so the geometry has to be finely or adaptively tesselated for it to work without noticeable artifacts. However, in OT the terrain tesselation is dynamic so this is not a problem there. On objects close to the viewer it could show up if they weren't tesselated sufficiently, but modern hardware tesselation can be used here to automatically refine the geometry as needed.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51