Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51

Author Topic: Graphics driver issues, startup problems (32 bit)  (Read 511009 times)

Korash

Re: Graphics driver issues, startup problems
« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2012, 08:53:16 pm »

Okay. Thanks.

I think I will wait :( . Paranoia is setting in I guess.

Korash

« Reply #241 on: January 09, 2013, 08:12:18 pm »

Well, I just updated Outerra and I had no problems over 15-20 minutes of exploration. :D WOOT!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2013, 02:53:14 am »

We took some measures in the latest version to avoid problems with external programs. The new version uses the same technique other apps use to hook into the rendering loop, but to unhook them 8)

Some apps still get through, but in further versions more of them won't, including Fraps. The problem is most of these apps don't handle newer OpenGL versions correctly, resulting in lots of errors and damaged state. Also the fact that the rendering loop runs in a different thread apparently causes lots of the injected code to crash by itself. Since we were having so many problems here, we decided to remove them forcefully rather than collecting endless crash reports and providing suggestions to people how to avoid it. I'll add a command line switch or a flag into the configuration for people who want to opt out.

There may be other methods how 3rd party programs hook onto outerra.exe, for example the antivirus programs, but those aren't so critical. They are still being listed in eng.log.

Peca

• Outerra fan
« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2013, 12:05:11 pm »

... including Fraps.
Is there or will be an internal command/setting to show FPS?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2013, 12:10:14 pm »

Ctrl+F12

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2013, 03:08:28 pm »

I crashed the plane in to the ground...I went through the texture, the plane was spinning mad, and my image as well.. and I think I couldn't move.I exited the engine... and when back.. It never charged anything on my screen... I was looking at "stars and loading bar" loading... loading... etc.I tried to move.. then exit.. then enter again.(exiting by closing the icon from the bar or task manager).But after a few tries I managed to get the options bar from the game by pressing Esc, and I managed with great lag and spikes to load the Location option and change my position from under the surface of the texture of the earth.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

elfootman

« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2013, 10:34:21 am »

I've been unable to launch outerra since I moved from AMD drivers 12-3+. It worked with 12-2, but anything higher than that, then the game wont start with the attached message.
Today I tested with the newly released version 13 drivers. But the issue remains.

Please let me know if there's any workaround besides rolling back to 12-2 drivers.

EDIT:
I have a Phenom 955 CPU, HD 5870 VGA and 12GB of RAM.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2013, 10:50:33 am »

Odd, apparently driver can't initialize proper OpenGL context. Can you please run GPU Caps Viewer, what does it report for OpenGL?

Also, AMD Catalyst installer sometimes doesn't install the drivers properly, did you try to uninstall the drivers first, clean it up and then install the new ones? The procedure that usually helps is described in the first post in this thread.

djt

« Reply #248 on: January 19, 2013, 12:38:31 pm »

Odd, apparently driver can't initialize proper OpenGL context. Can you please run GPU Caps Viewer, what does it report for OpenGL?

Also, AMD Catalyst installer sometimes doesn't install the drivers properly, did you try to uninstall the drivers first, clean it up and then install the new ones? The procedure that usually helps is described in the first post in this thread.

I’m not sure if the issue that elfootman is describing is related but with both the 12.11 beta and the new Catalyst 13.1 I’m getting the following error message -

“Error initializing OpenGL subsystem. This program requires OpenGL 3.3 capable graphics card with recent drivers.
No suitable pixel format found.”

It usually only happens if I change settings in the Catalyst Control Center, if I revert back to the default CCC settings I’m able to load Outerra again. I’ve seen the problem on a fresh OS (no previous Catalyst drivers present) as well as after uninstalling the previous drivers and then installing the new driver revision.

elfootman

« Reply #249 on: January 19, 2013, 02:01:43 pm »

It usually only happens if I change settings in the Catalyst Control Center, if I revert back to the default CCC settings I’m able to load Outerra again. I’ve seen the problem on a fresh OS (no previous Catalyst drivers present) as well as after uninstalling the previous drivers and then installing the new driver revision.

You're right! That worked!
Thank you so much. I guess anytime I need to launch Outerra I'll reset to default settings. :)

EDIT: I've been playing with the CCC, and I will get the aforementioned error message whenever I enable OpenGL Triple Buffering. With Triple Buffering set to OFF, Outerra will launch with no problem.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:15:54 pm by elfootman »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2013, 06:14:59 pm »

Thanks for identifying it, we'll take a look at what can be causing it.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2013, 11:44:19 am »

Unfortunately I can't replicate it here with a 6850 card, and the triple buffering was enabled all the time.

djt

« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2013, 01:31:55 pm »

Unfortunately I can't replicate it here with a 6850 card, and the triple buffering was enabled all the time.

Cameni, the error message isn’t limited to the triple buffering option, I’ve also had it happen when changing the Tessellation (turning it off completely) options.

Currently I’m able to load Outerra with triple buffering enabled but with Tessellation set to AMD optimized.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2013, 03:58:41 pm »

Tesselation is a DX11 only feature, doesn't apply here. Changing any of those options should not have such effect.
I'm not able to reproduce it on 6850 I have got here now, and the 7850 we have is faulty and freezes the system ...

djt

« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2013, 11:55:36 pm »

Tesselation is a DX11 only feature, doesn't apply here. Changing any of those options should not have such effect.
I'm not able to reproduce it on 6850 I have got here now, and the 7850 we have is faulty and freezes the system ...

I understand that it doesn’t affect OpenGL applications but turning it completely off in the CCC will for some reason also cause the OpenGL error message and keep Outerra from loading.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51