Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FOV Comparison  (Read 21663 times)

Airhogg

Re: FOV Comparison
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 11:18:10 pm »

You got it!

I know most people would be using a separate display for each open window, like the picture you've posted, but I'm actually wanting to open multiple windows on a single display.  Same idea, just 1 display... 180 degrees FOV through multiple windows.  I wouldn't think this would make a difference as far as programming is concerned vs using more than 1 display.  You would simply open your additional windows and drag them wherever you want on your available display be it 1 or 6.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 11:58:11 pm »

Same idea, just 1 display... 180 degrees FOV through multiple windows.
:o Why not just have 180 degrees in full screen?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Airhogg

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 02:18:09 pm »

Same idea, just 1 display... 180 degrees FOV through multiple windows.
:o Why not just have 180 degrees in full screen?

Good question.  I don't know why it is, but the farther you zoom out (increasing FOV), then the worse the reverse binocular effect is.  This is especially noticeable in FSX.  When I zoom out, the instrument panel looks like it's 15 yards in front of me and the forward scenery becomes so far away that it's unrecognizable.  The phenomena doesn't occur though when you use multiple windows...for whatever reason.

It would be great if the scenery would "curve" properly around a given FOV rather than stretch the forward to make room for the side views.  I guess this is just a limitation in programming.   :(
Pages: 1 [2]