Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SpeedTree  (Read 25642 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: SpeedTree
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 04:57:40 am »

Fine.. Use your "logic" and "evidence" to make your point.

More lower baby branches and tighter more random groupings.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:04:01 am by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

angrypig

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 05:14:32 am »

Will the trees be more dense then the current billboards?

We plan to modify the density but the tree count will remain the same. It will make trees clumping together in some places. In our current implementation the average distance between trees is 9 meters. But there are missing layers like grass, bushes and small trees which make the real forest much denser., as it can be seen on the last images.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 07:56:11 am »

Oh yeah, I forgot!  Looks like we're gonna have to have ferns!  FERNS EVERYWHERE!  Now that I remembered what outside looks like, you can't not add them.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Luishi5k0

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 11:34:07 am »

My graphics cards is not ready for that, I can imagine all of those added things are going to be taxing. I'm saving up to upgrade though.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 02:26:23 am »

Once Fern Occlusion is implemented everything will be fine.

FERN OCCLUSION!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

rubbish

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 08:18:06 pm »

What are the implications for implementing colliders for that many trees??  Or do you have a clever way round that too? :)

whyman

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:45 pm »

So if i understand things right we will soon get 3d trees? :D Is that also true for things like leaves or will they be sprites on a 3d model? (i understand that you wont model every leave but i think you understand what im asking) Its kinda hard to tell from the screens.

MiB

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 07:54:16 pm »

So if i understand things right we will soon get 3d trees? :D Is that also true for things like leaves or will they be sprites on a 3d model? (i understand that you wont model every leave but i think you understand what im asking) Its kinda hard to tell from the screens.

3D trees have been promised for the alpha ... if you look for that at the forums ... you can find few pictures from angrypig showing them in action ... e.g. : http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=348.0 ... and there's more ... if you look for ... ;-)

DuxDucisHodiernus

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 01:54:51 pm »

My graphics cards is not ready for that, I can imagine all of those added things are going to be taxing. I'm saving up to upgrade though.

How about your body... is it ready?

...mine is...

Jagerbomber

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:14 pm »

::)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Luishi5k0

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 04:16:10 pm »

How about your body... is it ready?

...mine is...

Why yes, yes it is. I just sold one of my graphics card's bodies to a friend that wanted to "try her out". And he did. Now I have to sell the other twin, and I will go to the local brothel and look for a new, more faithful, and more muscular GPU.

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 04:19:54 pm »

Now I have to sell the other twin, and I will go to the local brothel and look for a new, more faithful, and more muscular GPU.

Can't.  Unread.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)
Pages: 1 [2]