Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra (alpha) - keybind/command to change the in-game time.  (Read 12735 times)

XZS

• Outerra Supporter!
    • LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop

I would like to make a video with sunrise and sunset in Outerra, but right now it is kind of painful, because I've got in order to open the "Sun" menu, change manually the time of the day, then close the window, take a picture with Fraps, then redo it all again... :/

So, my question is : is there a function/command to change the hour/time in-game in a easier way ? Or is it gonna be added in the future (as I do know it is the only thing you've got to do right now (just kidding) ;)

As far as I did, I've got a pretty nice timelapsed sunrise, I've added the video in this topic :
http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=716.0
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:10:29 pm by XZS »
Burn a book, save a tree.
LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Outerra (alpha) - keybind/command to change the in-game time.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:18:20 pm »

There is no other shortcut for it yet. We'll be adding time flow, hopefully sooner than when it's going to be the only thing to be done ;)

But maybe I could add a quick shortcut to step the time forward by an amount ... what amount?

Luishi5k0

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 01:23:37 pm »

The current system is rather annoying. I'd say each button press should move time by half an hour.

XZS

• Outerra Supporter!
    • LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 01:32:38 pm »

Well, the perfect thing for me right now (as I want to make a timelapse) would be, let's say, press "T key = add 1 minute", and press "ctrl+T = add 10 minutes", and the opposite (remove x minute) with a combination of shift+ctrl+T, for instance. Add/remove x hour would be too much, minute are way more sensitive.

But yeah, anyhow, it would be a good thing to add a command rather than the "annoying" actual sub-menu. :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:37:23 pm by XZS »
Burn a book, save a tree.
LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 01:36:49 pm »

I'd suggest using either the <> or [] keys (probably the latter) for Time slewing.  [ advances by one minute, ] subtracts one minute.  Shift will do +/-10, CNTRL will do +/- 1 hour.

Could also add an option in the Sun Location window to increment based on a value you input by choice, with the default being 1 minute.
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »

I assume it will still lag and load the textures slowly. You could do 1 min increments with a modifier to jump an hour.  Also having the time display in the fading text would help.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:15:55 am »

The problem I see in time lapsing is that the further apart the time jump is, this would mean a more unnatural shading effect when the tiles have to reload. I would rather see the "Time Flow" algorithm be integrated rather than spend time on a work around for time movement even if the results would look quite nice. But, if it is a quick workaround then I would say 30 minute increments should work.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?