Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New pseudo flight mode in UFO  (Read 20218 times)

konrad72

Re: New pseudo flight mode in UFO
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 10:37:42 am »

dopplar effect.... doesn't that change frequency of the wave? So it would be a higher pitched noise?

It still sounds a little odd...

Jagerbomber

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 12:33:45 pm »

I agree.  I don't think it sounds right either. 

But also I think part of the strange sound (like the volume going up and down fairly evenly as you move around) is because that there are many locations that the sounds originate from, but all of them are creating sounds from a lot of real life sources, for example many crickets.  The cricket sounds we hear aren't single crickets in many locations, but many crickets packed into one sound source in the engine and then copied all over the place.  I wonder if getting many different (for variation) sound files of a single cricket and then laying them out in the world would make it sound a bit more realistic.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

zuluknob

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 07:33:03 am »

crickets sound pretty much the same, the annoying little bastards chirping away in the middle of the night safe in the skirting boards after they have escaped from the lizard tank.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

pico

• http://
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 05:06:40 pm »

Very nice.  8)
Pages: 1 [2]