Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: Latest version: 0.8.4.6017  (Read 248203 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Latest version: 0.8.4.5179
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2015, 08:59:34 am »

I'm not sure if the new Location menu is a test bed for a future Outerra GUI, but I am a big fan of this new layout  :)
Cleaner, nice use of transparency, all the important data is displayed and the new map navigation tool is really great.

A couple of remarks:

• It seems a bit strange that day of year or even time flow multiplier settings are in the camera controls window.
  • If you click on "Term of use" in the Map of this menu, the openned window cannot be closed, potentially locking the user.

It doesn't totally work for me. Sometimes It takes me to the location I request, but often it simply changes the camera view or does nothing at all.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

pasto

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2015, 09:17:55 am »

I'm not sure if the new Location menu is a test bed for a future Outerra GUI, but I am a big fan of this new layout  :)
Cleaner, nice use of transparency, all the important data is displayed and the new map navigation tool is really great.

thank you :). location browser is hopefully, the first one of many new ui components that will be created using the new ui framework. at first we would like to release just a couple of standalone dialogs with some kind of desktop management and later also new object / terrain editing tools. everything takes some time as it is built from scratch not using the old ui components, but we hope that it will make the editing easier.

• It seems a bit strange that day of year or even time flow multiplier settings are in the camera controls window.

as soon as we have the desktop ready we will most probably split these two dialogs into several separate dialogs / panels. f.e. location, daytime, camera settings. currently it was more important for us to test the framework than to make it look perfect. i guess that even in the future we will focus more on functionality than perfection. but the commets are alway welcome!

• If you click on "Term of use" in the Map of this menu, the openned window cannot be closed, potentially locking the user.

this is a known issue, that will be hopefully addressed by the new chromium integration (angrypig). currently it is possible to close the window by pressing ctrl+f4

2eyed

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2015, 09:20:41 am »

It looks like transportation via location menu only works when not in a vehicle or plane. Hit Enter for normal mode.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 11:24:32 am »

thank you :). location browser is hopefully, the first one of many new ui components that will be created using the new ui framework. at first we would like to release just a couple of standalone dialogs with some kind of desktop management and later also new object / terrain editing tools. everything takes some time as it is built from scratch not using the old ui components, but we hope that it will make the editing easier.

as soon as we have the desktop ready we will most probably split these two dialogs into several separate dialogs / panels. f.e. location, daytime, camera settings. currently it was more important for us to test the framework than to make it look perfect. i guess that even in the future we will focus more on functionality than perfection. but the commets are alway welcome!

Hi pasto,
Thanks for these informations! I'm really looking forward to see the result of your work :)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2015, 11:57:13 am »

Yeah... this kinda seemed odd to me.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

pasto

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 12:12:38 pm »

Hi pasto,
Thanks for these informations! I'm really looking forward to see the result of your work :)

hi acetone,
i'm the one responsible for the framework, desktop manager and ui architecture setup (and also the bootswatch css theme mod) right now but the real tools will be mostly up to Jericho. we just cant make him post something on the forum :).

HiFlyer

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 12:25:40 pm »

It looks like transportation via location menu only works when not in a vehicle or plane. Hit Enter for normal mode.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads-up.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

2eyed

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 12:41:14 pm »

The new shiny lights do not render correctly in stereo 3d mode. E.g. there are single eye repetitions on left and right of the screen.
Beside the SSAO med and high settings (which are heavily viewing angle dependant) the only issue with stereoscopic mode.

Edit: The headlights only show up in one eye and grass is not lit properly until a certain distance from cam to vehicle.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:27:55 pm by 2eyed »

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2015, 10:40:18 pm »

So for the 1st time in my Outerra history I don't visit the Forums or load up Outerra for a week (just 1 week!) and I miss the greatest and most impressive update to date! Amazing work Team! Looking forward to 5pm so I can get home and try this out. WICKED!! I hope my GTX970 is ready for this!.. it's going to be a late night.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2015, 07:23:17 am »

Hmm...

Either someone forgot something in the build or the same person took pity after seeing my original material river beds in Talkeetna  :))

Gemini6

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2015, 07:57:27 am »

The clouds are amazing, brings so much more realism. I guess next is rain and thunderstorms.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2015, 08:52:22 am »

Either someone forgot something in the build or the same person took pity after seeing my original material river beds in Talkeetna  :))
I just did an experiment there some time ago, almost forgot :)
The old road system is not entirely suitable for it, but in principle it works. Except for tile edge detection, I see.

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2015, 02:00:58 pm »

Managed to have a go last night.. absolutely amazing Team! The Clouds look just incredible. The new interface is very clean looking. Best update ever!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.8.4.5197
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2015, 04:06:08 pm »

Version 0.8.4.5197
  • spot lights now also light up the reflector, making the lights visible better
  • full lights on SM11 bus and T817 truck
  • vehicle turn signals - manual (shift+A/D for left right, shift+W emergency, shift+S all off)
  • light_mask and light_toggle_mask methods to manipulate multiple lights at once
  • fixed glow rendering in stereo
  • fixed deformed reflections on objects
  • vertical mouse working in TPS with Oculus, aiming working with Oculus
  • fixed location manager to exit vehicle when changing location
  • fix for Nv 2xx water path shader compilation error
  • lights removed when aircraft is deleted
  • fixed crash if maximum number of mesh isntances is reached

aWac9

Re: Latest version: 0.8.4.5197
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2015, 04:42:36 pm »

well done .. it looks great.
thank you very much