Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.12 version branch  (Read 291692 times)

Kviki

Re: Testing version: 0.7.12.3222
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2012, 04:29:18 am »

Bug: When I want to spawn the helicopter outerra crashes.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2012, 04:41:12 am »

I can tell you the next big update will be the Object importer and something else I can't remember.. More wolves maybe.

What "wolves" ?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2012, 04:44:27 am »

Ok. A few things.

First. In this shot.

I have Debug Keys enabled and that Info-Panel in the upper left appears seemingly when I leave the ground. Is there a way to turn it off after this happens and does it open due to an error?

Next I don't think you quite fixed the "fixed limiter issues under narrow fov" If you look the terrain closest to me it is un-refined and stays that way until I raise my FOV to 50+ horizontal. I have a video of its behavior but I am not sure if you can read the numbers in the corner.

What "wolves" ?

Just stand out in the forest. You will hear their call.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2012, 05:14:27 am »

I have Debug Keys enabled and that Info-Panel in the upper left appears seemingly when I leave the ground. Is there a way to turn it off after this happens and does it open due to an error?
It pops up when the limiter doesn't have enough tiles in the cache to cover the rendering needs with current quality settings. It can be closed after the condition passes away, using alt+5.

Next I don't think you quite fixed the "fixed limiter issues under narrow fov" If you look the terrain closest to me it is un-refined and stays that way until I raise my FOV to 50+ horizontal. I have a video of its behavior but I am not sure if you can read the numbers in the corner.
Hm, I've been debugging it using ddenn's location, but it seems that in mountains it has even higher requirements. Or the equation to boost the cache with FOV angle is wrong. Me needs to think.

EDIT EDIT.. It is the Crows and Wolf sounds.. Still want to know about that hovercraft.
The hovercraft was an old experiment way back even before the first beta, and the files got there. It was a giant hovering .. chicken thing on which I tested hover physics. I can't find any pics of it, maybe Angrypig will have something.

It was horrendously unstable so I gave it up then. Now I think my poor modification of Bullet vehicle physics at that time had to do something with it.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2012, 05:56:39 am »

What "wolves" ?

Just stand out in the forest. You will hear their call.

aha.... I thought of real running wolves  :P... yep I heard the howls when I was testing roads up the mountains.The grass road was a little bugged when colliding with the "rock" texture or tree's but I guess that's why is a grass road.Anyway what you said about the object importer that's a big step if that's next... and I think its better to just ignore road / roads glitches and focus on the object importer.

I mean, some developers will make cities!!! Medieval , ancient , futuristic cities!!!... it will go viral on the web, especially youtube... Next minecraft game!  ;D
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2012, 09:36:19 am »

It was a giant hovering .. chicken thing on which I tested hover physics. It was horrendously unstable.

This sounds like the greatest contribution to gaming of all time. I must posses it.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

hhrhhr

« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2012, 09:57:21 am »

The plane will not start the engine, but the noise from the engine goes:

Chaoz

« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2012, 11:30:08 am »

What you are expieriencing isn't a bug, but a feature :D You are simply flying too high for your current fuel flow. You have to lower your fuel flow to an appropriate level by using the END key. when flying lower you can bring it back up by using the HOME key.

The noise on the orther hand is bugged since day 1, I really hope that this changes soon.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2012, 01:56:03 pm »

Implying it's not this...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2012, 03:13:10 pm »

Just a quick note. You can mash the 3 key and spawn the 8x8 while still initializing world. Causes you to spawn in falling through the ground. May want to make it not available until you are actually in the world.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2012, 03:39:59 pm »

Please add bugs like these to the tracker, so that they don't get easily forgotten.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2012, 01:39:46 am »

Added. Will have to get use to it.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3230
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2012, 11:45:44 am »

Patch 0.7.12.3230:
  • #65 fixed cessna initial heading
  • #58 fixed cessna under ground spawn
  • #63 fixed cessna engine sound behavior
  • #67 fixed vehicle exit position, exiting vehicle moves you to the left side of the object bounding box (exit points will implemented later)
  • #68 fixed third person camera pivot, moved to the OBB center
  • disabled insertion of vehicles on unrefined terrain
  • added frustum culling for trees (speedup 33 -> 36 fps, w/o trees 43 in benchmark mode)
  • disabled heli insertion (model not rdy yet, crashing)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:11:55 pm by cameni »

djt

« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2012, 01:31:16 pm »

Patch 0.7.12.3230:
  • #65 fixed cessna initial heading
  • #58 fixed cessna under ground spawn
  • #63 fixed cessna engine sound behavior
  • #67 fixed vehicle exit position, exiting vehicle moves you to the left side of the object bounding box (exit points will implemented later)
  • #68 fixed third person camera pivot, moved to the OBB center
  • disabled insertion of vehicles on unrefined terrain
  • added frustum culling for trees (speedup 33 -> 36 fps, w/o trees 43 in benchmark mode)
  • disabled heli insertion (model not rdy yet, crashing)

I decided to give the new Catalyst 12.8's a try with the AMD 7970 again.

The log-on screen loads and then the updater runs and then hangs with a message -

“Waiting for the original process (3040) to end ..”

It never makes it past this point and I have to close out of the updater?

ddenn

« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2012, 01:33:57 pm »

Is the Cessna engine/prop sound suppose to behave like this? Now it changes pitch considerably depending of camera position, low pitch if camera is behind and hi pitch if camera is in front of the plane. Tested when the plane moving in the air, if the simulation is stopped, sounds are ok.
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42