Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.12 version branch  (Read 292796 times)

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3230
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2012, 03:37:03 am »

To get the road endpoints blended into terrain you have to set the node type to lead-in and lead-out for the startpoint and a node before the endpoint, respectively.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, I'm not of English origin to get the logic well.. but if I guess you told me to make the road as if a snake would bite his tail... right?Or it was something else?

I tried on a small scale with asphalt as a test:

- http://postimage.org/image/6j1xte77f/full/

- http://postimage.org/image/7y7by0sxh/

- http://postimage.org/image/61eqnukzv/

- http://postimage.org/image/qrpbf46ij/

As you can see, it seems to work... a bit.But its asphalt.And probably you suggested me some other technique.Cause... on a bigger scale for example what I tried to do.. some terrains might not be so welcoming in a straight line for me just to make the "snake to bite his tail" and the terrain would be blended.And even so it still leaves behind some kind of trace that shows the merge.Not to mention on terrain that it is not straight and goes uphill in some places.

The road seems like very powerful tool, and might as well a bit improved can be used to modify the terrain.And in that way other tools for modifying the terrain or painting it may be postponed even after the release.

Especially if we could:

- introduce our own textures in to the road;

- if the road width can be greater than 204,75m; (and of course, not getting instant thrown out of the engine if we try to manually write the number in that box)

- and last if we could blend in multiple terrains properly, even if the terrain is in "waves" and not blend in only where the terrain is flat and in a straight line, but as well when the terrain is undulated, in shapes, and we could actually bend the pieces from the end so they can be as nothing is between them at their union point.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2012, 04:12:41 am »

No, I didn't mean sticking the ends together, but setting the properties of the endpoints.
This is the original, unterminated piece of road, with the artifacts where it ends:

Now if you add another node at the end, and then select the previous node back and change its marking to "lead-out" (for the road end), you'll get a properly terminated road like this:

For larger-scale edits there will be a different tool, that would allow you to select a polygonal area and set properties to it, as doing it with roads would be ineffective.

- and last if we could blend in multiple terrains properly, even if the terrain is in "waves" and not blend in only where the terrain is flat and in a straight line, but as well when the terrain is undulated, in shapes, and we could actually bend the pieces from the end so they can be as nothing is between them at their union point.
Not sure what you mean by this ...

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2012, 01:31:04 pm »

Yay!  :D ... it works  :)

Thank you for enlighten me with your wisdom  ;D

It needed a bit twitching but it seems to work out well:

- http://postimage.org/image/918h36zuh/full/

And the "wave" terrain I was talking... I think it works on that as well. I was referring to terrain that has a lot of abrupt geography, but with what you showed me it stretches the terrain as it pleases without any big fuss.And the terrain similarities will be solved in time with some updates I guess.So its nice. :D ... Thank you again!  :)

I hope this will be helpful for others that will try the same thing.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:33:40 pm by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

zuluknob

« Reply #303 on: September 04, 2012, 09:13:24 am »

No, I didn't mean sticking the ends together, but setting the properties of the endpoints.
This is the original, unterminated piece of road, with the artifacts where it ends:

Now if you add another node at the end, and then select the previous node back and change its marking to "lead-out" (for the road end), you'll get a properly terminated road like this:

For larger-scale edits there will be a different tool, that would allow you to select a polygonal area and set properties to it, as doing it with roads would be ineffective.

Not sure what you mean by this ...
wouldn't it be better/quicker to terminate the road this way by default if x number of pixels beyond the end do not contain road or other models. while retaining the ability to do it this way for cases where grass grows between concrete slabs on unused road/runways.
Windows 10 Pro
Amd fx-8350
2x Amd r9 280x
16gig ram
Hisense 58" 4k3D TV
blah blah blah...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #304 on: September 04, 2012, 09:17:22 am »

Probably will be done automatically every time, and removed only when you are going to snap it to another road.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #305 on: September 04, 2012, 10:09:18 am »

Can the road editor be set to automatically start with a lead in and have the last node set to lead out when you press make road? Switching that node to a normal one if you extend the road longer.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #306 on: September 04, 2012, 10:42:56 am »

That's not quite desirable, as it would mean that a two- and three-point road would not exist (would not render anything), and that would fill up the support line pretty quick.

A better thing would be to add two extra (invisible) endpoints automatically, that would also enable you to manipulate the tangents at your road ends, which is currently not possible.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #307 on: September 04, 2012, 10:45:46 am »

Just getting the thought out there.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Edding3000

« Reply #308 on: September 04, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »

Any updates on development?
Model importer? 3D trees?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2012, 12:56:58 pm »

You didn't get this from me...

Abc94

« Reply #310 on: September 04, 2012, 01:34:10 pm »

What?  How did you get the model importer?   ???
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

Matt6767

« Reply #311 on: September 04, 2012, 01:38:47 pm »

Yes I did.  ::)

Also that looks very neat.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #312 on: September 04, 2012, 01:48:15 pm »

What?  How did you get the model importer?   ???

I didn't >> I am subscribed to Cameni on Minus. http://outerra.minus.com/  Hot off the presses.

Abc94

« Reply #313 on: September 04, 2012, 02:05:28 pm »

I didn't >> I am subscribed to Cameni on Minus. http://outerra.minus.com/  Hot off the presses.

Cool, didn't know about that.

Hey, is there a chance that the importer will be included in the next release?
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #314 on: September 04, 2012, 03:52:11 pm »

Yes, the next one will come with the first version of the importer, initially for static objects.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42