Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.12 version branch  (Read 291736 times)

pico

• http://
Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3425
« Reply #570 on: December 15, 2012, 05:14:18 am »

I miss the low Camera. I liked flying right over the Grass.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #571 on: December 15, 2012, 05:18:37 am »

i looked throught Completly everywhere but it seam that it even doesnt creat an eng.log if i start Outerra (it Instantly crash as i double click it)
Sometimes it creates crash.log in the win home/outerra dir (regardless of your outerra data dir).

Or you might reinstall it cleanly just to be sure.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #572 on: December 15, 2012, 05:25:54 am »

Install Everything.. IE this http://www.voidtools.com/Everything-1.2.1.371.exe

After it installs look for a eng.log and if it exists on your PC it will find it.

{WAY better then windows search}
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Chaoz

« Reply #573 on: December 15, 2012, 05:31:27 am »

I still wonder why OpenGL? Its so much more inmature than DirectX... The only reason i can find is that dx is exclusive to windows and maybe opengl is more flexible in suggestions and bug fixxes.
but really: why opengl???

well someone has to start using it ;) Getting away from DX is a good thing since OpenGl really just is harder to use but not really less capable, but since it's  not really that common the driver support and api isn't on the level of DX yet.
Plus Nvidia is really supporting the opengl and especially the linux driver development and has produced some very good ones lately, from ATI i haven't seen anything near that so i'd start thinking about switching since i have no problems with this game and I have a 560ti GTX, which really is affordable now and is still capable of playing BF3 on high....

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #574 on: December 15, 2012, 05:40:50 am »

I still wonder why OpenGL? Its so much more inmature than DirectX... The only reason i can find is that dx is exclusive to windows and maybe opengl is more flexible in suggestions and bug fixxes.
but really: why opengl???
OpenGL is not immature, the drivers are (of ATI and Intel). They are immature because majority of games use DirectX, but the situation is different for simulators, especially in military. As far as the API is concerned, in my opinion OpenGL works better, has less overhead and allows us to use the GPU in better ways.

However, the winds are changing also in gaming. Microsoft is trying hard to kill itself, ballmering down for a long time and becoming less and less competitive. New OS for tablets all use OpenGL (ES), it looks good for the future of OpenGL.

Why we decided to go for OpenGL back when it was not so clear ... because DirectX is Windows only (and we want portability), because M$ subjects it to their marketing strategy (see the decision not to enable newer versions of DirectX in previous OS versions). Because we want OT to survive the decline of the empire.

Besides, I believe that there would be problems even on DirectX (with the drivers). Majority of games use DirectX, but they also use just a small subset of new functionality of graphics units.

Still, the situation with AMD bothers me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:50:08 am by cameni »

Chaoz

« Reply #575 on: December 15, 2012, 05:45:11 am »

great decision!

Jagerbomber

« Reply #576 on: December 15, 2012, 08:24:53 am »

ballmering down for a long time and becoming less and less competitive.

Ha!
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #577 on: December 15, 2012, 09:48:42 am »

Anyone else with ATI cards seen white tiles with this version?

Nothing special... I tried what Z.P. did, the space view, and no white squares for me.

But I did see some small squares, that where not really relevant ( I mean, they don't bother me).That where on the water, but you probably know that.

and

But from what I know the water is not developed yet, with particles , physics and splashes :D. But those squares where not there before... I think they where bigger... like 1 meter big I think, now they are 1-2 centimeters.But probably that's the increased iterations from a version to another.
But dunno... maybe it has something to do with the same squares that ZeosP. has or not.Anyway they look cool when seen from above ( my squares ) they sparkle.But maybe I can make them disappear if I play a bit with the graphic settings, haven't tried yet.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:50:40 am by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #578 on: December 15, 2012, 09:54:42 am »

That's something else, I haven't seen it yet.
Maybe because I haven't been near water for a long time ... :)

Midviki

« Reply #579 on: December 15, 2012, 10:34:05 am »

Bottom Right corner... a black line with flickering squares.It was appearing only when keeping the camera like 90-95% on the planet and 5-10% on the dark space.And as you can see in the picture.. you can see trough the planet.. you can see the stars somewhere in some of those black squares.Maybe this helps to get to the bottom of things :D.

From what I could see... it appears only in that corner.Yep and it may be not much, but on older versions cards or maybe on lower / higher details, that black line / object it may manifest on a larger scale, like the hole screen or around it.Btw its just a screen shot, it is actually moving and flickering, and its like an object a cube / triangle or something, its not always full visible, the little squares appearing and disappearing depending how you hold or move the camera.

ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #580 on: December 15, 2012, 10:48:26 am »

That one is known, but the reason unknown. Guessing a loss of precision in the rasterizer. Happens on Nvidia too, in different conditions though.

seppen

« Reply #581 on: December 15, 2012, 09:49:39 pm »

I feel Opengl is very effecticve  8)
But if wanna make cash I do recon mobiles is needed, and I hate em, but it will be Future.

I´m sorry for lack of soper presence, but vacation takes it toll.
Hope development goes on fast, this is a great engine.

Midviki

« Reply #582 on: December 16, 2012, 11:08:06 am »

But if wanna make cash I do recon mobiles is needed, and I hate em, but it will be Future.

O really...  :D... not really.You will see.And anyway... I think Outerra works with something more than just "mobiles", something better.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3431
« Reply #583 on: December 18, 2012, 04:17:05 pm »

Version 0.7.12.3431
  • workaround for ATI 4000 transform feedback bug
  • fixed visibility culling on rocky terrain tiles
  • reduced non-paged memory requirements on Win XP 32
  • added missing roughness/glosiness map for Cessna
  • support for 1 sample shadowmap
  • fixed disabled shadow switch

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3431
« Reply #584 on: December 18, 2012, 04:37:20 pm »

4000 AMD series works again, but not completely, you can get odd colorization of terrain tiles when the driver bug manifests. Unfortunately, that part can't be worked around in an easy manner, unless AMD provides a fixed driver we will have to duplicate and rebuild several components in the generating and rendering pipeline just for ATI 4k.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42