Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Grand Canyon  (Read 34988 times)

MatthewS

Grand Canyon
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 01:36:10 pm »

Quote from: angrypig
Could you please show us the results of your OSM importer for FSX on a few screenshots? I am really curious about that.

Manila bay, RPLL and Makati district (notice I place "concrete" to show building footprints)

Same area from different angle, showing also the dock area

Looking north of Manila, coastline/rivers.

Not done much work on the OSM importer for months... seems to me there's quite a few ways to improve the generated scenery by considering things such as road density and applying urban landclass in areas with high density, maybe also consider elevation data to ensure mountain sides are covered in forest and not cropland as FSX tends to do by default.  

Many ideas, so little time. :(

Timmo

Grand Canyon
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 08:21:04 pm »

MatthewS- You may be interested in the work I've done in FSX using various vector data too- See www.vectorlandclass.co.nz

MatthewS

Grand Canyon
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 08:44:36 pm »

Quote from: Timmo
MatthewS- You may be interested in the work I've done in FSX using various vector data too- See www.vectorlandclass.co.nz

Very impressive!

SpaceFlight

Grand Canyon
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 05:19:26 pm »

Quote from: cameni
Because of multiple guys requesting Grand Canyon screenshots/videos, claiming that they don't care if it's filled with trees and with wrong rock pattern and textures on the walls currently, here's a quickly made video of a fast flight through it. Second part also with Google maps overlay.

Erosion style and rock texturing will be later determined by extended land class information, and driven by displacement maps characteristic for given rock type. This video will be deleted then :)

[youtube2]9G9uX0QkKKU[/youtube2]

Very impressive.
Also the fact that the engine is still in the early development phase...thumbs up.  :)
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan
Pages: 1 2 [3]