Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Outerra videos thread  (Read 252358 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Outerra videos thread
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2015, 05:13:07 am »

Very nice video! I was thinking as I watched that you were probably wincing, waiting for the stutters, and I see some skillful cuts that I suspect were quick stutters that were covered nicely. Great job!

In fact, what's happening is that after two or three minutes of video, I think the movie file is starting to be too big and interfere with the objects loading in engine (on my rig), creating visible stutters. So after a minute or two, I simply F9 two time as quick as possible to stop the recording and create immediately a new video file. A small cut is still visible, but it's better than stutters later :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2015, 09:48:53 am »

Very nice video! I was thinking as I watched that you were probably wincing, waiting for the stutters, and I see some skillful cuts that I suspect were quick stutters that were covered nicely. Great job!

In fact, what's happening is that after two or three minutes of video, I think the movie file is starting to be too big and interfere with the objects loading in engine (on my rig), creating visible stutters. So after a minute or two, I simply F9 two time as quick as possible to stop the recording and create immediately a new video file. A small cut is still visible, but it's better than stutters later :)

To bad you can't use Shadowplay!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2015, 09:49:51 am »

New one. Lot of people taking a look at Outetrra, lately.

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2015, 10:52:25 am »

New one. Lot of people taking a look at Outetrra, lately.

Nice presentation, the usual small mistakes ("geographic data is using Google earth") but he gives a good description of the engine :)
He had gathered info before doing his video, the most interesting is that he talks a lot about Anteworld, but he says he's also a sim enthusiast and had fun with the various vehicles.
He talks about the mods ("There are a ton of cool vehicles and buildings on the forums") and says that he really wants to see what will happen next (he wants rivers :) ). He was impressed by the accuracy of the landscape near where he lives (he's from Switzerland).

HiFlyer

« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2015, 11:44:46 am »

Stutters...... :-(

:))

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2015, 12:38:05 pm »

Seems he starts an add-on series if his vids get proper attention.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2015, 01:08:49 pm »

Seems he starts an add-on series if his vids get proper attention.

Nice. Too bad I won't have a clue on earth what he's talking about.  =D I see he bumped into some bouncy car physics!

He got a lot of likes and only a few "Its not a real sim" guys.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:23:00 pm by HiFlyer »

PytonPago

« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2015, 01:22:59 pm »

Nice. Too bad I won't have a clue on earth what he's talking about.  =D

... so, now Eng. speakers need some subtitles ? =D  ( dont worry, i cant that french n spanish stuff aether :)) )
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2015, 05:41:32 pm »

The number of people posting vids seems to be edging up....

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2015, 09:10:25 pm »

I think that clouds made Outerra more visually appealing for the people that previously doubted whether they should record overviews/flythroughs, and that's why it is getting so much attention on Youtube. Or maybe it is just the avalanche effect :)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2015, 03:52:57 pm »

Yep, you can also find really weird stuff:

- A Lebanese Flight-sim addons group use Outerra as main picture (this one is nice):

http://www.leborsim.com/en/

Our dream...
This website aerial imagery from Outerra The aerial images featured on this website are
screen captures from the Outerra engine. We admire this world engine, that is still under
developement, and we dream that it will become, one day, the platform of a future civilian
flight simulator.

- An optimistic freelance job proposition : https://www.elance.com/j/graphic-designer-programmer-unreal-engine-wanted/70034313/

- Russian job board, use google translate :http://www.gamedev.ru/job/forum/?id=199662

- Hum, okay... : http://www.privacyguard.net/2015/02/23/the-virtual-world-is-the-death-of-privacy-unless-we-act/

- The best one : http://kingcameranfoundation.org/profiles/blogs/you-can-amateur-aion-kinah-added-about-the-outerra. I can't really say anything. Probably not a proof that bots are ready to passs Turing's test. Maybe it's some kind of computer humor?  =D

HiFlyer

« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2015, 04:47:52 pm »

I'm waiting for the Outerra ice cream ad. (a whole world of flavor, in a single byte!)  =D

PytonPago

« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2015, 05:07:18 pm »

Id say, i like that russian job proposition ... also, i want that Skytech´s Yak-130.

... Lebor made a good link-up to OT there ... guess a nice propagation ...

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2015, 05:33:17 pm »

Wow, that russian company is not just a one-man-startup, it's a serious corporation, maybe even working in arms industry. I wonder whether they contacted developers and are listed in this super-secret-Outerra-based-projects group.

HiFlyer

« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2015, 07:11:49 pm »

Wow, that russian company is not just a one-man-startup, it's a serious corporation, maybe even working in arms industry. I wonder whether they contacted developers and are listed in this super-secret-Outerra-based-projects group.

I guess I am the dumb one. Besides the word Outerra being mysteriously on their ad, is there any known actual connection?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44