Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Old version: 0.7.15.3700  (Read 250937 times)

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
Re: Latest version: 0.7.13.3475
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 02:30:58 pm »

Didn't see anything like this before. Not testing anything there. What hw/driver is this?

I don't know if it is up to date.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 02:33:14 pm »

I see there is a new update.Should I update to 13.1 ? Is it safe?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »

Yes.

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:32 pm »

Yeah, I've never experienced anything like this, at least not on Nvidia cards.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Midviki

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2013, 06:27:00 pm »

Yep... installed and everything seems fine now.. no more excessive forest.

And about the light... how do I make the Earth to stop spinning... or the Sun to stop spinning around the Earth?... is there and On / Off switch for that?
Cause its annoying to have like every 3-4 mins turning dark and needing to turn back time to make day again. :)

Oh yeah... and what do I do in this situation?

Will this be a problem with the future new terrain modification system?Will roads and the modified patch of terrain will overlap one and each other?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 01:24:40 am »

You can set the time multiplier to 1X.  It cannot be set to 0 though.

That screen seems to be a bug, I must inspect it.

Midviki

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 01:28:59 am »

If it helps for you to achieve it faster... increasing the "transitional area" on one of the roads... and probably the larger one gets like a priority, or maybe depending on the material or type of road that is made of.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2013, 09:25:38 am »

My buildings are gone

I have a backup, but I don't no, in which folder they are.

And for what you need.. the cache backup... its in the same folder that it was before... but now you need to put what was in the /Cache/Obj/ ... you put in /Cache/Earth/Obj/
I put the object folder to the right folder (cache/earth/object). I have all my roads back, but no buildings and all that stuff like signals and that japanese archway.  :-\

In my older unupdated vers 3100 I have all the buildings and all that stuff.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:42:56 pm by Sam »
Resident of Outerra

Midviki

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2013, 03:06:38 pm »

In my older unupdated vers 3100 I have all the buildings and all that stuff.  :-\

Are you saying what I think your saying?... Did you overwritten all the files? In like "re-installed"? In like... replacing all files with new ones?Yep.. I think "replace"?

Anyway... if you have the files from package the way they where from before... it might work with your problem.But if you had the backup from long long ago and not the one from before re-installing everything again.Some of your buildings might be lost... or if you know their exact names from before... it is easy.Anyway.. I hope all this might have helped you.Anyway you should have had your files in the "/Packages/" folder...

And I maybe was mad when this happened to me as well.But I decided to not care.Cause I can't really start any serious development on the level design just yet.Try to take it slow, big plans must start with smaller ones... like take it from me as an advice, I'm just doing 3D models and piling them up for when the time comes.And you can draw on real paper the places that you worked on, make maps and how everything was arranged in your level design.Or you can work on JS code as well.

Take it from me, I'm just experimenting for now.. learning the engine, making some plans, thinking of what people will help me with this project that I have in the back of my mind, how do I find those people, where would I work with them?... You know... details about a game to be made that most don't think ahead.Ah yeah...and the legal stuff, you must get in to the legal stuff.Beware!!! of the Legal stuff!
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2013, 03:13:32 pm »

And a question for Cameni, about the Environmental Biomes. Is there a post somewhere that tells more about this? Like how will they work?

For example if you raise the sea level with 100 meters, in the tropical zones, will the shores that will have palms on the beach that will be underwater, will the next new shore that will become.Will it have, or I should say... Will it become the next new shore with palms and other vegetation or terrain.And mathematical speaking, will it be by coordinates? Longitude / Latitude / Altitude?If the "new palms" started at the 100 meters from the "new shore" on the "new beach", will the other kind of trees / terrain will go up as well with 100 meters ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm... I think I should have made a new topic about this... can you move it in to a new fresh topic? ( name it something with "Environomental Biomes" )
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:16:50 pm by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2013, 04:09:26 pm »

3100 used a different package format that's not compatible with the new importer. Some of the models were reimported, but the names changed too and the old placement data don't work anyway.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2013, 04:11:48 pm »

And a question for Cameni, about the Environmental Biomes. Is there a post somewhere that tells more about this? Like how will they work?
There is this topic http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1420.0

Jagerbomber

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2013, 07:02:29 pm »

This is a very minor thing, but would it be possible to smooth out the movement of the Google map when zoomed all the way in while in satellite view?  If not, then it's good enough as it is.  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 05:15:22 am »

3100 used a different package format that's not compatible with the new importer. Some of the models were reimported, but the names changed too and the old placement data don't work anyway.
Okay,thank you Brano.
With other words, when I want my villages and my airports back, so I have to rebuild them.  ::)

@Midviki
I accept Anteworld as a work in progress. So I feel me more of a beta tester than a end user.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:01:57 am by Sam »
Resident of Outerra

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.7.13.3487
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 05:49:13 am »

Version 0.7.13.3487 (29 Jan 2013)
  • added terrain normal textures¹
  • road paint has a thickness²
  • uneven asphalt border
  • higher fractal detail for dirt patch borders
  • fixed video capture³
  • filmic tone mapping
  • fixed JSBSim VRP point
  • fixed c172 control wheels rotation/movement
  • fixed crash when logger window tries to show while the window_manager is shutting down
¹ Note the normal textures are in resolution 2048x2048 applied atop of existing terrain textures with resolution 512x512. The lighting enhancement is thus most visible when the sun is not directly above. There will be also an enhancement of the color textures later, these two are separate parts in Outerra.
There are still some artifacts in the normal mapping between two different materials, it will be enhanced as well.
Normal mapping can be turned off in terrain settings, it's on by default.

² The thickness of the white paint is "real", it has nothing to do with the normal mapping. If you had a mini vehicle you'd feel the bump going over, it's 5mm at the moment.

³ Added recommendation to video recording topic about syncing the frame rate to half the display refresh rate for fluid videos

(Note: Bloom effect isn't present in this build yet)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:02:11 am by cameni »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32