Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Suggestion for Occulus Rift  (Read 38550 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Suggestion for Occulus Rift
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2013, 01:40:27 am »

I wonder if I remove my eyes from their sockets if the hardware can be made more perfect...
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Clavus

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2013, 05:06:17 pm »

Hey, I bought Outerra after I saw the MIG Rift video. Can't wait to try with my own dev kit. Is the Rift already supported in the current alpha build? Because I can't seem to find any options for it.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 01:23:21 am »

Not yet, still working on it and merging other stuff into the release. A few days.

defactoman

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »

Been following the progress of Outerra along with a few other similar procedural generation type environments.   I just bought the pre-alpha due to your interest in the Oculus Rift.  I think these two will do great together,  keep up the good work :)

aWac9

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2013, 10:07:49 am »

absolute positioning
Occulus Rift + Hydra

Dirt3 6DOF Oculus Rift + Virieo + Hydra

Gloves:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:33:21 am by aWac9 »

Nedo

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2013, 07:27:42 am »

Hi! I'm new to Outerra, bought it because will get my Rift in a few weeks ;)
I have a question, is there a real walking mode ? With the WASD and Mouse you
allways end up flying at some point, no gravity?

R
Nedo

SpaceFlight

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2013, 07:50:45 am »

Yes, with the number 8 key. There is no character body there yet though.
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

Sunnyyello

• Nothing to see here, move along...
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2013, 11:43:09 am »

I wonder if I remove my eyes from their sockets if the hardware can be made more perfect...

Yeah, then you can change your name to Batou!!!  ;)
I could waste my time training a noob but the end result would just be a really well trained noob...

rocketpanda

• VR, FPS, Sim and virtual world exploration
    • Rocketpanda blog
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2013, 09:10:00 am »

@cameni I tried Anteworld with the Rift yesterday (I think you saw my tweet) and mate, it is totally amazing! Flying superman style all over the place (theme music highly recommended) is great fun but then the vehicles are a next level of fun again. The mig feels great though internally it feels slightly too small in scale - like it needs to be 1 or 2% larger. Perhaps the camera is slightly too far back against the chair? When you look over either shoulder the interior angle / scale feels slightly incorrect somehow.

Being able to fly and look around in the Rift is mind blowing. Barrel roll upside down and looking around is wicked. I know the TrackIR guys are saying they've been able to do this for ages but it's an entirely different experience. Great work on adding the body and all the cockpit controls moving - adds a lot of much needed immersion.

Not tried the Apache yet but will soon. Is there a plain physics based 'walk' mode (ie not flying) that I'm missing? I think just walking around through a forest would be incredible - I can see a list of GPS co-ords for the best spots becoming a thing :)

Also I set the res at 1280x800 and it looks quite grainy - I realise you're still playing with render settings - are you doing upscaling for the rift at all? Is it worth trying it at 2560x1600 - I'll give it some more time tomorrow.

Great work and completely surprised that you got support in there so fast, great work sir!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2013, 10:27:19 am »

Not sure about the cockpit size - I can't compare. I trust ddenn made it accurate :)
Walk mode is on key 8.

I have enabled higher resolutions for use with the Rift in our internal build, and it helps a lot with the aliasing. Will be out soon - just need to check it with a few different GPUs.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2013, 10:43:05 am »

Not sure about the cockpit size - I can't compare. I trust ddenn made it accurate :)
Walk mode is on key 8.

well, in LoMac they used to have a FOV setting in angles ... maybe it would be some improvement to narrow that a little for aircraft use ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

rocketpanda

• VR, FPS, Sim and virtual world exploration
    • Rocketpanda blog
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2013, 11:13:41 am »

From my own experimentation I'd say the aircraft is likely in the correct scale ratio, just that it needs to be slightly scaled up. It's very interesting how strong the psychological response is to virtual space being 'the right size'.

Walk mode is on key 8.
Awesome, will try that out :)

I have enabled higher resolutions for use with the Rift in our internal build, and it helps a lot with the aliasing. Will be out soon - just need to check it with a few different GPUs.
Really looking forward to that, as you mentioned earlier even with the res being so low it really fades to the background with the impact of the experience being so visceral. Higher res will just make it that much more beautiful.

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:28 am »

On the subject of scale, the default heroguy model? Either he's about 7 foot tall, or the player's view height is too short... VR games are going to need customisable biometric data like IPD, height, arm length, etc. Is there a height setting, or is it hard-coded?

aWac9

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2014, 05:05:53 pm »

absolute positioning of oculus rift. turns and not lose it.
this was recorded with a Zoom Q4 camcorder and a 3Dio Freespace Pro binaural microphone

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]