Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Clouds - a peek at the work in progress  (Read 115943 times)

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
Re: Clouds - a peek at the work in progress
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2013, 02:15:26 am »

Amazing video aaronsb, thanks for posting.
Also, welcome to the forums.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

aWac9

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2013, 04:33:44 am »

clouds, is another driver, ... esamblar engine is inside another.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2013, 05:21:30 am »

nice vid .. made me envy pilot-work ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

UR67393

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2013, 05:43:30 pm »

At first- I thank the developers for a very good news with clouds, looking quite good for start.
At second- I did not understand some of the little things from topics and so let me know please - afternoon on a sunny day usually seen realistic cloud edges that glow in the sunlight, and the clouds are placed above(over) the horizon at sunrise and sunset pink highlights ( red ) rays of the sun.
Notice, if the clouds above the horizon, then they should at sunrise and sunset illuminated pink ( red or yellow ) rays of the rising or setting sun - color of clouds which are placed above the horizon has a dependency , you probably know which one.
Will  You improve such clouds illumination in sun light day, at sunrise, sunset and at the night?
And need clouds illumination in the night, under moon illumination, at the tops of clouds. 
And third, due to some types of clouds have danger meteorogical phenomenas(under clouds) I have question- will modeled by developers in future squalls(SQ), duststorms(DS), sandstorm(SS), PO(dust/sand whirls)) and funnel clouds(FC- tornado and water spoul)?
I believe that the voxel graphics can accurately generate the appearance of such danger meteorogical phenomenas in OT. This will look very effectively in OT(nobody have not such now!).
Thank You in advance. Best regards!
PS- If You owner msfs2004- You can look at animation of waterspout/ tornado which created by Ron Jeffers... Search file waterspouts05.zip at avsim*com. By the way, in msfs have animated volcan. And volcanic ash can generate massive, dense clouds in real world.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:43:35 pm by UR67393 »

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2013, 06:48:37 pm »

Im soooo psyched for the release of the bad boys!! doing a great job! i'm in full support

Concussion

• What i do incorrectly this time?
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2013, 09:41:08 am »

Will there be godrays to accompany these impressive volumetric clouds?

John514

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2013, 10:30:37 am »

Yes, God Rays will be there.

PytonPago

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2013, 03:27:19 am »

Just found this nice thing out somewhere in New Zeland.  :D

Would be interesting if such shapes would be possible in OT.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aaronsb

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2013, 03:00:35 am »

You could probably approximate it with a 3d perlin function coupled with some turbulence, but it still wouldn't look right or behave like "atmosphere"

Simulating fluid dynamics on that scale in real time would be daunting and probably beyond the ability of a current workstation.

Foxiol

• Gamer
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2014, 08:31:33 pm »

So...how is the progress going with the lovely clouds Mr Brano?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2014, 03:27:16 am »

So...how is the progress going with the lovely clouds Mr Brano?

I had access to a hidden screenshot folder on Angrypig's i.minus (see this thread : http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2602.0). It was full of unreleased pictures, nothing really new but by loocking closely to them, it was pretty clear to me that improvement have been done on clouds in the past months. In the firsts pictures with clouds (dated of 6-7 month ago), they were really pixelated, with a lot of rendering artifacts.
In the most recents ones, clouds were a lot more smooth and less pixelated. Seems to me they are still fixing the lasts rendering issues, but since clouds are activated in all the videos they have published in the last months, I'm sure it's just a question of time  ;)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:39 am »

Clouds work reasonably well from the ground, that's why the videos have them. Up high and above the planet they do not work yet.

PytonPago

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2014, 04:39:52 am »

Clouds work reasonably well from the ground, that's why the videos have them. Up high and above the planet they do not work yet.

Ahh ... there is the one sided mesh problem again. Just forgotten to flip the normals or add another face for the other side ...

... dont worry, just Blender joking. :D Interesting stuff. You do it that way to have separate lighting effects from both perspectives ? ( ground side for atmospheric stuff and upside for additional Earth-based light sources like city-light reflections, hi powered AA lights (WW II style), aviation lights etc. ? ) ... or just non-final script going bad from space ?

Also, when the talk is about lighting - how are you planning to do transparent material-based things. Like, if you have an back-light of a car and you just give a white light behind the red/yellow/white partly tansparent
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:46:24 am by PytonPago »

John514

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2014, 08:00:17 am »

Seriously, the developers have gone quiet......
There either having a nice vacation, so good for them!,
or they`ll be releasing a big update, so good for them! (again :P)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2014, 10:35:12 am »

Also, they are showing Outerra during the FMX2014 (computer graphics event): http://www.fmx.de/program2014/event/3482. Three of the pictures on the slideshow gives an interesting perspective on clouds (especially the last one) :

1- http://ev3nts.animationsinstitut.de/rs/fmx/3/image/event/3482/0?mode=EF (ground level)
2- http://ev3nts.animationsinstitut.de/rs/fmx/3/image/event/3482/2?mode=EF (same location, you can still see the road)
3- http://ev3nts.animationsinstitut.de/rs/fmx/3/image/event/3482/3?mode=EF (again, same location, but hight altitude, check the mountains)

Edit : annnnnnd I realised they have a livestream player but Ladislav Hrabcak presentation is already over :(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:51:44 am by Acetone »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10