Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Will we ever see an equivalent of ARMA using the Outerra Engine?  (Read 17482 times)

Logan6

Re: Will we ever see an equivalent of ARMA using the Outerra Engine?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 02:24:46 pm »

Mh. Certainly 1 of 3 peoples suggests something like that. They differ only in the settings. The most of these guys want zombies or mutants. The rest wants Arma and BF. So the wish exists, but there is no competent team that wants to develop this mod.
And a sdk is far far away. There are too many issues which have to be solved first.

PLEASE!  I'm a long time Arma player ( since Arma 1 ).  Outerra is what Arma only dreamed about being, and still can only dream.  Arma 3 is a PIECE OF JUNK!  It is HALF-BAKED!  Bugs GALORE!  Worse than an Alpha.  The BIS team doesn't care about it anymore, they just want to dupe people into buying it.  And then when everyone comes to their forum to complain about how they've been ripped off, they are quickly ip banned by the mods.

Outerra, you are the fresh breath of air that all us Arma players have been waiting for.  I can GUARANTEE you almost all of the Arma players out there.  Also probably most of the Crysis Wars players.  Maybe most of the flight sim people too. :P  Your engine is going to be the Arma killer.  And God, we have been waiting for it.

James

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »

Mh. Certainly 1 of 3 peoples suggests something like that. They differ only in the settings. The most of these guys want zombies or mutants. The rest wants Arma and BF. So the wish exists, but there is no competent team that wants to develop this mod.
And a sdk is far far away. There are too many issues which have to be solved first.

PLEASE!  I'm a long time Arma player ( since Arma 1 ).  Outerra is what Arma only dreamed about being, and still can only dream.  Arma 3 is a PIECE OF JUNK!  It is HALF-BAKED!  Bugs GALORE!  Worse than an Alpha.  The BIS team doesn't care about it anymore, they just want to dupe people into buying it.  And then when everyone comes to their forum to complain about how they've been ripped off, they are quickly ip banned by the mods.

Outerra, you are the fresh breath of air that all us Arma players have been waiting for.  I can GUARANTEE you almost all of the Arma players out there.  Also probably most of the Crysis Wars players.  Maybe most of the flight sim people too. :P  Your engine is going to be the Arma killer.  And God, we have been waiting for it.

The engine truly is amazing, and the developers are doing extraordinary work. The wait is painful, but everyday I check the forum for updates which is exciting. It might be a while until the engine is at a stage to use, but until then I have plenty of time to learn modeling and practice coding.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 02:11:22 am »

Why are you judging Arma this bad although you are a passionated player of this game? Arma is not a piece of junk. Their engines were milestones at release. So what you are doing is not fair. Why do you think you can expect anything? You paid them for the game on its release and maybe the support. Not for improving their game. So you are not in the position to claim new features and whatever.

Its the same on outerra. You want OTHER people to realize your dreams. Thats the false approach. If you want to play such a game you should do your best to realize that. We have no team for implementing that. Each contributor, and this means coders, modelers, scripters,..., spends his freetime for outerra. So they are doing stuff which is for themselfs. They dont wait for your instructions. Even you cant pay them. So you have actually two choices.

1.) Stop claiming mods, game modes and make them by yourself
2.) Wait for somenone who has this idea and the skills for realizing that

And i have one hint for you. Dont act like a childish fanboy. The more serious you act, the more positive feedback you will get. And with "Omg i need Arma to come true" you will earn disrespect.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 05:37:52 am »

I think Logan6 just prays for us or someone to make an Arma-like game on Outerra engine. Even though this whole thread is wrongly placed in the "Anteworld" game forum, I think it has actually nothing to do with the Anteworld game (which is not going to be Arma-like). We should move it elsewhere.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 10:17:43 am »

I think Logan6 just prays for us or someone to make an Arma-like game on Outerra engine. Even though this whole thread is wrongly placed in the "Anteworld" game forum, I think it has actually nothing to do with the Anteworld game (which is not going to be Arma-like). We should move it elsewhere.

Yes, it should be probably in the Ideas & Suggestions & Questions section ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Logan6

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 05:39:36 pm »

Yeah.  A lot of us old Arma players feed ripped off by BIS and Arma 3.  Arma 2 and "the present" are what we are looking for.  Were also not impressed by the land that Arma 3 offers.  Outerra looks like a much better option to go with for modding.  You should talk to the ACE team http://wiki.ace-mod.net/  .  They did a lot of realism modding for Arma 2.  I'm sure they would love modding for this engine.  The lead guy Xeno just rage quit over Arma 3 going to Steam, and I hear some of the others are not too thrilled with Arma 3 either.  This is a really good team of modders.

Also, a lot of people still haven't heard about you.  You guys should try to advertise more.  I put a link for your forum up on the disastrous Steam Arma 3 forums the other day, and one guy said he bought your alpha right then and there. There were a lot of ooh's and aahhs. :)  A lot of old Arma vets are definitely interested in your engine.  I heard from one person close to the DCS team ( Black Shark, Warthog, Flaming Cliffs ), that Wags ( lead producer ) actually considered your engine for DCS.  That's a pretty good complement considering how picky DCS is.

Us Arma types will definitely be watching your progress.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:41:56 pm by Logan6 »

PytonPago

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 06:06:38 am »

I heard from one person close to the DCS team ( Black Shark, Warthog, Flaming Cliffs ), that Wags ( lead producer ) actually considered your engine for DCS.  That's a pretty good complement considering how picky DCS is.

Really ? ... Would be classy to have those guys go OT. But i would understand if they would not eventually after all the work on DCS World series. Is not an easy job to make so much changes in the series white every new aircraft and making sure the older ones work white them accordingly ... but im surely would not be angry to have the magnificent eight here.  :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 07:41:22 am »

We aren't advertising it much at all to the gamers, because there's still a lot of work on the engine and most of gamers are impatient. Anteworld is basically for our fans and for enthusiast who like the tech and want to get an early access to it and support us.

I heard from one person close to the DCS team ( Black Shark, Warthog, Flaming Cliffs ), that Wags ( lead producer ) actually considered your engine for DCS.  That's a pretty good complement considering how picky DCS is.

Unless he came cloaked as someone else, he had not inquired us about it yet, so that consideration must have died off pretty early. It's no wonder though - you would not throw away years of your work and expertise easily for something that's practically incompatible with your existing pipeline, assets and procedures. Swapping 3D engines is complicated even when both the engines are conventional, but it's almost impossible to wire a jet engine into an old truck.

It's becoming clear that using OT makes sense only for new products, and most likely also new teams. And that is quite hard to do for established developers, as they would practically have to spin off a separate dev team with funding secured for an extended period of time running in parallel with their existing business. That's a radical step that needs a courage and foresight and a faith in an unknown small developer.
One of the reasons our progress with Anteworld game is slow is because we are already working with companies on OT-based products in various simulation areas, extending the engine functionality in lots of directions in the process. As the consequence of what I wrote above, practically all of our licensees are companies that are new in the area they want to break into, with their existing business running in a correlated but otherwise independent way, with new teams being built for the new job.

Dinosaurs feel it coming though, and you'd be surprised who all inquired about our tech ;)
But as I said, it's extremely hard for them to perform the required steps (and a jump of faith), and our small size and negligent presentation do not help the decision too. In any case, we are enjoying what we do, even though we'd rather be further with the development already.

PytonPago

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:14 am »

... even though we'd rather be further with the development already.

That is ok. Neat stuff needs time. Otherwise it will be like an spherical Earth in middle ages. That just dont work together whyte dragons, witches and muscular ale-brawl at the Nordic Inn. :D

A decade in DCS development prepared for at least next two-four to broadening the aircraft spectrum is indeed an significant piece of hearth-work to trow aside. Also, a broadening of simulators white some new-blood devs. surely may end up like a better thing and Im definitely sure DCS wont get any drop on their sales after all their community and user build-up.

On the other hand has OT the potential for a real Full-spectrum combat-Sim, while DCSs are more focused to sticking at the aerial area. They do like to fly a lot.

Ric

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 02:33:45 pm »

We aren't advertising it much at all to the gamers, because there's still a lot of work on the engine and most of gamers are impatient. Anteworld is basically for our fans and for enthusiast who like the tech and want to get an early access to it and support us.

Unless he came cloaked as someone else, he had not inquired us about it yet, so that consideration must have died off pretty early. It's no wonder though - you would not throw away years of your work and expertise easily for something that's practically incompatible with your existing pipeline, assets and procedures. Swapping 3D engines is complicated even when both the engines are conventional, but it's almost impossible to wire a jet engine into an old truck.

It's becoming clear that using OT makes sense only for new products, and most likely also new teams.
And that is quite hard to do for established developers, as they would practically have to spin off a separate dev team with funding secured for an extended period of time running in parallel with their existing business. That's a radical step that needs a courage and foresight and a faith in an unknown small developer.
One of the reasons our progress with Anteworld game is slow is because we are already working with companies on OT-based products in various simulation areas, extending the engine functionality in lots of directions in the process. As the consequence of what I wrote above, practically all of our licensees are companies that are new in the area they want to break into, with their existing business running in a correlated but otherwise independent way, with new teams being built for the new job.

Dinosaurs feel it coming though, and you'd be surprised who all inquired about our tech ;)
But as I said, it's extremely hard for them to perform the required steps (and a jump of faith), and our small size and negligent presentation do not help the decision too. In any case, we are enjoying what we do, even though we'd rather be further with the development already.

cameni I have a question concerning the OT engine, when you  guys first started was there any consideration to parallelization? I ask because i was with A3 from alpha and watched all the raging over performance and got a crash course in engine function design and a rudimentary understanding of what is involved in making one.

Arma 3 has hit a performance ceiling and they are now robing Peter to pay Paul to get decent performance  and before you think I am dissing it my friends an i play twice a week and enjoy it but we are all reminded when heavy fighting start in towns and are FPS hit 20 and lower (down from 50-60) that we have hit the ceiling :(

now as I as you you are aware the new gen of consoles is hex core AMD jaguars that are running at 1.8ghz which will necessitate that new engines will need to be in at least %50 parallelization to take advantage of the multi-cores.
Pages: 1 [2]