Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Integrating with another sim  (Read 110104 times)

langdon

Re: Integrating with another sim
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2015, 05:30:43 am »

Thanks cameni,

It seems this works:
tday = ((playerUTCHour * 60 * 60 * 1000) + (playerUTCMinute * 60 * 1000) + (playerUTCSecond * 1000));
this->set_time(playerDayNumber-1, tday);

the 'player' variables are being extracted from fsx. So maybe I was over thinking it trying to work with solar time.

@acetone.
Your LHNA didn't line up with FSX out of the box but I downloaded some alps scenery for fsx/p3d that had been corrected and it lines up perfectly! WWhat a pleasure.

Talkeetna was close.. the centerline was ok but the piano keys were in the 'fsx' grass. About 2m lower than the fsx runway. Bald Mtn was a blast but about 9m difference in altitude.
I'm thinking I might just butcher the fsx bgl files to match your OT files :)

Assuming its possible, I'm going to invest a little time making some runway lights. Outerra just kills at sunrise/sunset but I really need lighting on the runways.

If you're looking for a new scenery project any time...Innsbruck would be beautiful!
I had a go at doing St Barts but for the life of me, I couldn't get the runway at the correct elevation and flat. It just seemed to lay along the terrain. But I'll keep trying.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2015, 07:33:13 am »

It seems this works:
tday = ((playerUTCHour * 60 * 60 * 1000) + (playerUTCMinute * 60 * 1000) + (playerUTCSecond * 1000));

the 'player' variables are being extracted from fsx. So maybe I was over thinking it trying to work with solar time.

It should work when you are close to the prime meridian, but will drift away with increasing longitude.

HiFlyer

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2015, 08:59:40 am »

Thanks cameni,

It seems this works:

@acetone.
Your LHNA didn't line up with FSX out of the box but I downloaded some alps scenery for fsx/p3d that had been corrected and it lines up perfectly! WWhat a pleasure.

Talkeetna was close.. the centerline was ok but the piano keys were in the 'fsx' grass. About 2m lower than the fsx runway. Bald Mtn was a blast but about 9m difference in altitude.
I'm thinking I might just butcher the fsx bgl files to match your OT files :)

Assuming its possible, I'm going to invest a little time making some runway lights. Outerra just kills at sunrise/sunset but I really need lighting on the runways.

If you're looking for a new scenery project any time...Innsbruck would be beautiful!
I had a go at doing St Barts but for the life of me, I couldn't get the runway at the correct elevation and flat. It just seemed to lay along the terrain. But I'll keep trying.

If Outerra integrates a worldwide airport database with height data at some point, I suspect (hope) runways and etc will line up a lot more nicely with FSX. That would be very very cool!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

langdon

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2015, 11:07:55 am »

Am I right in assuming the 'lights' system is currently broken?

It seems the only models with working lights are those that come with Anteworld. None of the user contributions seem to have working lights.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2015, 11:41:06 am »

It seems the only models with working lights are those that come with Anteworld. None of the user contributions seem to have working lights.

Right now it's not possible to make working lights with static models, only with vehicles. I think Uriah managed to make some kind of active runways lights, but you had to enter these as if it was a vehicle to make them work. Same thing with animated models, Levi's Wind turbine is activated when you enter it.

A function to toggle animations/lights at some set distance of the camera was planned for static models.

HiFlyer

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2015, 11:42:54 am »

The F-117 and the Ilyushin Il-14P have lights, as well as a few ground vehicles. Uriah showed working runway lights quite some time ago, but I think the current lighting is a bit hard on frames. (not sure why)

I think we're all waiting for Outerras equivalent of illuminated textures. The Cessna did have some a long time ago, but current versions of Outerra do not.

EDIT: Looks like Acetone and I cross-posted.  =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

thx_nb

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2015, 02:41:38 pm »

Quite a few user-contributed models have not been adapted to match new methods names for adding lights, after a recent change in Outerra. Some have, like HiFlyer mentioned.
There are also a lot of user-vehicles that are not or don't seem to be actively maintained by their original creators / importers, and which have not been changed since lights where added.

It should be a relatively simple change, if you are a bit familiar with Javascript.

HiFlyer

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2015, 08:17:39 pm »

I can't wait till you do a video.  :))

Rudeboy1988

• outerra fanatic
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2015, 02:53:58 am »

Just a little test

langdon

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2015, 03:27:38 am »

Sweet Rudeboy !

You beat me too it (-:

HiFlyer

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2015, 09:10:54 am »

Very nice.  =D

I wonder if the ultimate test of something like this is having different computers driving each sim.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:52:18 pm by HiFlyer »

langdon

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2015, 08:58:46 pm »

I think Rudeboy's video is better, especially as a comparison.

This one's more so Acetone can see his scenery at work.
I guess Cameni see's this kinda stuff all the time. Nice engine guys.

Video:

Don't know what happened with the sound and the jerkiness is due to the screen capture software.

Crap flying is all on me (-:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:04:49 pm by langdon »

langdon

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2015, 10:44:35 pm »

Runway Lights...
Not Recommended.
I made a vehicle with multiple lights and 'parked' it on the piano keys.
Absolutely killed the frame rate.
I really need to figure  out this screen recorder too. Sorry for the blue lines.

Big pause halfway when I change  to complete darkness in the FSX feeder.

langdon

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2015, 10:49:46 pm »

One more...

I should have used the built in video recorder but I forgot (-:
The one I used seems to have sped up the video a little.

These lights are only visible from about 5km out.

langdon

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2015, 10:59:48 pm »

Cameni,

I've got a vehicle here and I'm modding the javascript to try and pick up it's position from an external server (via ajax).
I also tried to just read a local text file but the script seems to fail at:

var rawFile = new XMLHttpRequest();

Am I asking too much of the scripting engine at this point?
Should I wait for a few more updates? (-:

Thanks,
L

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:15:30 pm by langdon »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15