Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [Released] Airbus A380-800 from Project Airbus  (Read 103390 times)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: [Released] Airbus A380-800 from Project Airbus
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2014, 07:02:11 am »

how do I extract the files? after downloading the file
You just need to run the file (double click), and the plane will be automatically installed for you.

Skyham99

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2014, 07:30:58 am »

How to open otx file?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2014, 07:40:05 am »

How to open otx file?
Something happened in your windows registry, and .otx files aren't recognized anymore being a file format used by Outerra. Maybe you moved the installation folder in another directory after the installation...

Just open the file with outerra.exe, and all should be fine.

Optionally, you can open .otx files with almost any archive managers (WinRar, 7zip, etc...), and manually extract the content inside your Outerra installation folder.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2014, 10:21:59 am »

how do I extract the files? after downloading the file

It's an .otx file (auto-installer for Outerra), all you need is to have Outerra installed, click on the file and select "yes"  :)

Edit: Arrh, too late!

aWac9

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2014, 10:30:22 am »

The airbus A380 is sexy ... but it would be wrong to cheat on my wife   :o

outerra tattoo   

Greetings

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2014, 12:19:46 pm »

... but it would be wrong to cheat on my wife   :o

How do the russian fighter pilots call the aircraft warning system lady ? :D

... she does have a tempting voice. :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:22:09 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2014, 12:53:51 pm »

She's probably an old granny someplace.......  ;)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bongodriver

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2014, 02:17:18 pm »

Nagging Nadia

aWac9

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2014, 04:24:27 pm »

¡¡ this is my girl !!

HiFlyer

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2014, 04:30:44 pm »

Eeeeeeek!!!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2014, 01:49:24 am »

// Voice informant from somewhere behind // : "Im still here ... dont be so rude to me !"

" ... dont touch my buttons ... "

;D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

bendean

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2014, 11:50:13 am »

Hi all!

Can i start by saying that this aircraft is fantastic. I've spent a long time cruising around the mountains in this. Excellent fun!

I fly Outerra with the Oculus Rift DK1 at the moment and the a380 works really well but I have one problem. The location of the pilot viewpoint is too far backwards, when I turn sideways my virtual "head" goes through the headrest and because I'm sitting so far away from the windscreen the view forwards is somewhat limited.

Is there any way I can edit/change the viewpoint location in-game or via a config file somewhere? or is this something that you can change Levi?

Thanks
Ben

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2014, 01:55:30 pm »

Hi all!

Can i start by saying that this aircraft is fantastic. I've spent a long time cruising around the mountains in this. Excellent fun!

I fly Outerra with the Oculus Rift DK1 at the moment and the a380 works really well but I have one problem. The location of the pilot viewpoint is too far backwards, when I turn sideways my virtual "head" goes through the headrest and because I'm sitting so far away from the windscreen the view forwards is somewhat limited.

Is there any way I can edit/change the viewpoint location in-game or via a config file somewhere? or is this something that you can change Levi?

Thanks
Ben
Thank you bendean!
Yes, you can change the camera position within the script. You can open and edit the script in-game with ALT+E, or editing the Airbus_A380-800.js file with any text editor you like(I recommend you Notepad++).
- Using in-game built-in script editor, press Reload to view/save the changes.
- If you edit the file instead, you can reload the script after saving the modified file, with ALT+R.

As you noticed, it's not necessary at all restarting the game to view the changes on the script.

Now, to modify the camera position(the one on the left side in the cockpit), go to line 817:
Code: [Select]
Line 816 //Cockpit left
Line 817 if(cam>0.0 && cam<0.5 || cam>6.5)this.set_fps_camera_pos({x:-0.56,y:32.9,z:1.75});

To move the camera forward, slightly increment the number on Y axis. This one: y:32.9

Btw, you can switch between different fps cameras using Mixture control.

bendean

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2014, 07:40:36 pm »

Wow Levi, Thank you!

I moved the view forwards and upwards slightly and now it feels totally natural in the rift. A good friend of mine is an A321 pilot and he tried it out and was blown away by the feeling of "being there" in the rift  :D

My only other thing that I would like to change is the tinted windscreen. Looking from inside the cockpit everything is much darker than when viewed from outside the aircraft. Is there anything that can be done about this? Its rather a shame as it makes Outerra look a bit muted and dull when really its bright and beautiful.

Cheers
Ben

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2014, 03:20:54 am »

Wow Levi, Thank you!

I moved the view forwards and upwards slightly and now it feels totally natural in the rift. A good friend of mine is an A321 pilot and he tried it out and was blown away by the feeling of "being there" in the rift  :D

My only other thing that I would like to change is the tinted windscreen. Looking from inside the cockpit everything is much darker than when viewed from outside the aircraft. Is there anything that can be done about this? Its rather a shame as it makes Outerra look a bit muted and dull when really its bright and beautiful.

Cheers
Ben
Glad you guys are enjoying this plane :)

Ah, the tinted windscreen... I basically made it darker because of the baked reflections from the cockpit. If it's brighter, those reflections won't be very visible anymore. But yeah, you can easily change that too. ;)

Go to the Livery folder inside Airbus_A380-800, and open the .mtl file for the livery you want to modify the windscreen's material properties.

e.g.: Anteworld\packages\Levi\Airbus_A380-800\liveries\house.mtl

Now you have the .mtl file opened, go to Line 230, and edit the last number, which is the opacity:

Line 229      "name" : "VC_A380_glass_t",
Line 230      "color" : "1.0,1.0,1.0,0.8",

It's set to 0.8, try something like 0.5 or 0.4, and the windscreen should be less tinted now.

*Editing the materials requires restarting the game.

As you can notice, that's livery dependent. So, you'll have to modify that for each livery you want to have less tinted windscreen...

Hope it helped. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8