Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Latest version: 17.0.3.8141  (Read 220931 times)

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
Re: Latest version: 16.6601
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 10:48:17 am »

Will the launcher update to this version automatically in near future? Or do we have to do this manually now and it will go on from there?

Yes, you can set exceptions in Avast.

Edit: I just tested it out for a bit. And man does it look cool. Our world is looking more alive with every build! :D I love it. I only need a bridge now (one you can drive on and that connects with the roads, so I can make my home town. :3
Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:20:14 am by Atrax »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 11:14:02 am »

Yes also ... latest avast (program and database) hates the new installer and changes in graphics ... installer will be set on permanent idle if its not turned off, and the changing-restart too (and wont remember new settings if you force-close it) ... so you have to turn it off for a moment at these events.

Noticed the installer file wasn't signed, uploading new one.

Will the launcher update to this version automatically in near future? Or do we have to do this manually now and it will go on from there?

It will autoupdate once I enable it, after ironing out some initial problems.

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 11:19:32 am »

Yes also ... latest avast (program and database) hates the new installer and changes in graphics ... installer will be set on permanent idle if its not turned off, and the changing-restart too (and wont remember new settings if you force-close it) ... so you have to turn it off for a moment at these events.

Noticed the installer file wasn't signed, uploading new one.

It will autoupdate once I enable it, after ironing out some initial problems.

No probs. I was just wondering. I already downloaded it manually and installed it. Looks fabulous, especially weather and rivers :3 Love the new elevation dataset too.
Thanks guys!

HiFlyer

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:33 am »

And of course. I went straight to the Grand Canyon and.............  8) =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 11:34:55 am »

Delete.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:51:02 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

waggel120

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 11:54:19 am »

THIS IS AMAZING!!

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 01:54:37 pm »

Can't wait to try this out once my GPU replacement fan arrvies. I hope it's sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I hope someone would be so kind as to upload a picture of Stockholm, Sweden with the latest version. I can't wait to see if and how it looks now with water hopefully in the right places.

HiFlyer

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 06:58:03 pm »

Can't wait to try this out once my GPU replacement fan arrvies. I hope it's sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I hope someone would be so kind as to upload a picture of Stockholm, Sweden with the latest version. I can't wait to see if and how it looks now with water hopefully in the right places.

Stockholm area:

HiFlyer

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 07:47:51 pm »

Note: Ground vehicles (cars, trucks) seem to work much better now, with little to none of the wild bouncing behavior we've become accustomed to. Unfortunately this does not extend to Thesenergys vehicles, which are beautiful but currently non-functional to various degrees.  =|

Still, its nice to take a high speed spin on the new roads, and have the cars mostly behave like cars!

Julius

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 08:50:13 pm »

• Both elevation and rivers aren't final yet, the data will change. Once things get more stable there will be also a torrent link for full data download
Can I sponsor some data storage? I would like to support you...
Greetings :)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 11:16:58 pm »

What is the full dataset size going to be? It was 12GB for the 90 so this should be..   NINE TIMES THAT?!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

2eyed

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2016, 05:57:07 am »

Among the funny things with the new release: blackbirds singing even in space (100km above ground) and a
kind of rollercoaster experience when following the rivers in steep terrain with ups and downs and turns.

But OT can also look incredibly good e.g. rugged terrain, greatly improved ground textures (except the one under grass), moody weather settings with adjusted sky reflection value for water according to cloud coverage, nice and subtle rain( 3d particles)...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2016, 11:28:56 am »

What is the full dataset size going to be? It was 12GB for the 90 so this should be..   NINE TIMES THAT?!

30 or 90m only tells about the resolution of the source data. This gets resampled to the projection OT uses, which also has a different resolution. Correctly we should mark the data as source/target resolution. Previous dataset was 90/76, the one in Earth2 is 30/76. As such it's around 14GB (up from 12GB). A finer data of 30/38 is approximately 3x bigger, 40GB.

90m SRTM data was made from 30m data by 3x3 averaging. Due to the nature of the filtering this made it effectively lower than 90m resolution, erasing details. Similarly, the original 30m data were reprocessed from satellite scans and the filtering applied there made it effectively lower than 30m. Hence, when we compare differences between 30/76 and 30/38, these are very small and sometimes it's even hard to tell which one is better. It definitely isn't worth the extra 26GB at all. However, the difference between 30/76 and 90/76 is large. That led us to conclusion that OT needs to reconstruct the lost detail in the source data by applying a re-sharpening filer or by using better sources.

Existing SRTM1 sources also contain lots of missing data and bugs. NASA is working on a reprocessed SRTM data called NASADEM that should fix most of that, though I don't thing they'll do much about the filtering.

zzz

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 01:18:23 pm »

So is earth2 the one going to be supported going forward? Deciding whether to delete the earth1 wad database I have.

edit: projectiles explode when they hit objects. Anyway to register a hit in the object's JS file?

Is there a way to revert to the old F7 controls? I just want to adjust their positions and the full map editor is way too cumbersome for that. It won't even select placed objects.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:46:15 pm by zzz »

zsbuum

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 06:33:42 pm »

Hi!

I am totally new to this program, as I noticed the new version I decided to install it.
So I have the newest version, clean install, but rivers don't show up. I use the demo version only, dynamic weather is working and it seems that I have the earth2 folder. What should I do?

I also have a problem with graphics card: as I have notebook, the program uses the integrated one. It works well, but very low fps on most places. I also noticed that nvidia is active, when using the Outerra, it shows that outerra.exe is in use. As I open Outerra, it writes that Intel HD 4700 is the card which the program use... I am confused, I made the Nvidia control panel settings for outerra.exe to use the Nvidia, but nothing. I think it should be more than 10-20 fps with the Nvidia card (gtx 760m)... (I also have the latest drivers for both of them.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:37:55 pm by zsbuum »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27