Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Next big update  (Read 6259 times)

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
Re: Next big update
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 06:39:58 am »

After watching Outerra for years, I have the impression that the fractal refinement has a tendency to destroy the type of detail shown in that final picture.
Which is were the different erosion patterns  (presets) come in. I assume those will not be affected by the fractal refinement (or at least not that much) and will have some detail sculpted beforehand to match the type of rock and erosion we are trying to portray. Or better yet, the erosion patterns will be instructions to the fractal refinement algorithm itself, making it follow certain rules depending on the rock and erosion type.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

MedwedianPresident

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 04:12:32 am »

Good work so far, Outerra team. However, I must urge you to quickly fix vegetation zones in Siberia - the sharp transistion from coniferous to savannah vegetation is unrealistic, and there should not be any savannah vegetation in Yakutia anyway!

You should implempt smooth transistions between vegetation zones or transparent (mixed) vegetation zones.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • Pegs is clever, but tae hain’t a touch sentimental
    • outerra.com
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 08:32:54 am »

The problem is likely in insufficient species coverage (what species should be there?), or in some bugs in climatic data used for the computation of probabilities. Normally the transition is gradual, as the probabilities for one species fall, they will first reduce in occurrence and only then be replaced by other species.
Pages: 1 2 [3]