Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.12 version branch  (Read 293176 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Testing version: 0.7.12.3212
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2012, 10:00:31 am »

OK, 3213 should fix it. Go to the controls menu, it will create an issuetracker entry in the iomap.cfg. F12 should work then.

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2012, 08:05:59 pm »

Few bugs noticed:

1) After last update there was massive fps drop in Outerra (that with default settings).
Can't tell exactly (FPS indicator always shows 30), but it was noticeably slower than previous version with max settings.
However in this new version I've changed most of settings on maximum and it started to go much smoother again.
And again noticed that next Outerra's start was lagging again, as soon settings changed and restarted with updater, goes smoothly again (and doesn't matter what settings).

2)

Sime glitch with propeller, when looking on it from shadow side (a bit at 45 degrees to rotation plane). It linearly disappears if camera moves  to 90 degrees.

VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

djt

Re: Testing version: 0.7.12.3202
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2012, 11:16:16 pm »

I've tested 305.53 drivers on the internal build and these seem to be from a different branch and working correctly.

I ran the new patch 0.7.12.3212 on a fresh Windows 7/SP1 64 OS with the new Nvidia 305.53 drivers and only had about an hour to spend testing it but haven't seen any show stopper issues yet.

The most glaring bug is the one mentioned above where the propeller on the C172 turns black at certain angles to the sun.

I'm not sure what options in the graphics menu are actually working but I'm using 1920x1080 resolution, Vertical sync - full refresh, MSAA-8X, Shadowmap res - 8192x8192, Shadowmap samples - 16, Shadowmap kernel size -  4, Shadowmap distance -  20000, FOV angle - 100+ degrees,  triple buffering enabled in the Nvidia control panel and the performance was almost completely fluid/smooth.

In the continuous log at the top of the screen I did get a red error message - “cannot find sRGB pixelformat for PF_RGT1”.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2012, 03:31:04 am »

Some ideas I have to write down before I forget again.

Can you make the UFO camera go lower to the ground? Currently it seems to use standing height of a human as the lowest angle. The only way to go lower is to use the swingman cam on a vehicle and that limits the photos/views a bit.

Second. The shadows I know in this new version are a bit bugged because one of my backgrounds is this shot.. http://i.minus.com/ii8tpnFutu6G7.png  and you can see the stark contrast in shadow darkness/depth in the old shot vs any of the new ones ie http://i.minus.com/itUTOsc9z6kRk.png
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:35:26 am by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2012, 08:40:57 pm »

Some more issues. At a certain angle of like 2° looking uphill in vietnam the mountain disappeared.

http://i.minus.com/ibpZAGZbjbrezZ.jpg I can't get the internal screenshot function to work. I tried to edit the CFG to have the screens save elsewhere and it didn't work and putting it back now gives me nothing.

Also there is this bit..

**An autologin function wouldn't kill anyone either.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:49:18 pm by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Foxiol

• Gamer
« Reply #215 on: August 09, 2012, 02:23:31 am »

Same little bugs as everyone else after reading the comments but frame rate in my case is higher than in the previous build. That with grass enabled, MSAA X4 at 1080p. And with a not so great PC. (i think you have my specs in the specific thread)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #216 on: August 09, 2012, 02:34:35 am »

Can you make the UFO camera go lower to the ground? Currently it seems to use standing height of a human as the lowest angle. The only way to go lower is to use the swingman cam on a vehicle and that limits the photos/views a bit.
It was 1.5m, lowered to 0.5m.

Second. The shadows I know in this new version are a bit bugged because one of my backgrounds is this shot.. http://i.minus.com/ii8tpnFutu6G7.png  and you can see the stark contrast in shadow darkness/depth in the old shot vs any of the new ones ie http://i.minus.com/itUTOsc9z6kRk.png
That's a problem with diffuse light, for some reason Angrypig can't get it right ...
Unrelated thing, I noticed that saved screenshots are bleaker than the real picture, I suspect jpeg color range and gamma has to do something with it.

I can't get the internal screenshot function to work. I tried to edit the CFG to have the screens save elsewhere and it didn't work and putting it back now gives me nothing.
What you've got there now?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2012, 02:45:58 am »

videos_dir = \"G:\FRAPS TEMP",
screenshots_dir = \"C:\Anteworld\screenshots",
shadowmap_enabled 

That is what is in my cfg and it isn't saving videos or screens. I noted when I edited these that there was a double slash ie "C:\\Anteworld\\screenshots" but they didn't seem to make a difference. Will deleting my eng.cfg reset it to default?

Also 0.5m might be OK. I want to shoot through the grass for some more dramatic shots.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2012, 03:55:17 am »

That leading backslash is added there erroneously on save, I need to fix that. Try adding a backslash at the end, like "c:\Anteworld\screenshots\"

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #219 on: August 09, 2012, 04:08:09 am »

wow. I added that to both and got a fatal error - "13 string <<str>> was left unterminated" popup. If I remove it the game launches.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #220 on: August 09, 2012, 04:17:58 am »

You must have removed the " or something.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2012, 04:27:13 am »

I am going to delete it and let it be recreated.

Ok that worked. Made the lines..

videos_dir = \"videos\\",
screenshots_dir = \"screenshots\\",

Which put the directories in the data dir.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:58:25 am by ZeosPantera »

angrypig

« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2012, 10:15:58 am »

Also there is this bit..

This light leak is caused by the shadow mask blur shader which doesn't count with the pixel depth yet... It should be fixed in the next update...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Testing version: 0.7.12.3217
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2012, 03:35:25 pm »

New patch 0.7.12.3217
  • fixed ambient clamp
  • fixed black propeller
  • ufo min height above terrain lowered to 0.5m
  • extended diffuse multiplier range to 0.0 - 4.0 (for normalization of textures)
  • modified default t817 cabin and bed textures to diffuse coefs to 2.0 (better contrast)
  • ambient light on objects changes with object height above ground
  • FOV slider in config shows also vertical value
  • fixed trac access code generator
  • fixed tex error message on cessna load

Kviki

Re: Testing version: 0.7.12.3217
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2012, 02:37:26 am »

Heya. I just tried the latest testing version [for the first time]. While the new shadows look magnificent, the lag is still present. I figured that the grass causes the lag and the lower density grass doesn't really fix it. After disabling the 3D grass the lag is gone and outerra's performance is like it used to be before. However the new terrain without the 3D grass looks very weird. It would be very nice if the grass-less terrain could look like it did on the Bumpy Grass Effect video
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ghwgcYeVA So even us who don't have as powerful PC's to run the grass could have joy from looking at the terrain.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42